She only moved once today...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2011, 06:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
hugs Missy, I remember the movements slowing down and getting more irregular when she ran out of room and it freaked me out sometimes, even though I knew it was normal...

October 6th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Whoa, JM messed up the time stamp on my post!! Weird!

October 6th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Veteran
Honestly, Some days i don't feel talan move AT ALL. Sometimes even for 2 days straight, then out of nowhere he moves alll day the next day. lol I wouldn't worry to much.
October 6th, 2011, 01:29 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know the standard answer of "Call the doctor"... Just thought I would ask if any of you experienced this.

Scarlett moves around a lot and if she goes 4 hours without moving if I eat or drink a little caffeine or just poke my tummy she usually wakes up and moves. Today nada, nothing. I poked around and got 1 movement from her all day.

I think I remember this happens as you get further along. Should I be concerned? Or is she just sleeping and I am aggravating her! I am not freaking out and I have a NST scheduled for tomorrow morning as part of my care.

Thoughts?

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

October 6th, 2011, 01:35 PM
She just wiggled more for me - almost like "ok enough already mom". I will go in for the NST in the am.

All is good.

CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett

October 6th, 2011, 02:15 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
lol, I love how you answer your own posts........but, ya, at this point, they are running out of room. Somedays she might be really sleepy, but you need to wake her when that happens and make her give you a good 10 movements in 2hrs. Are your NST's starting tomorrow for every week until delivery? I started mine with Selena at 32wks and Mia was 35wks, every week until delievery.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

October 6th, 2011, 02:35 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
They do run out of room and start to develop more sleep/wake patterns. Glad she moved some for you.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

October 6th, 2011, 03:21 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Marsi would scare me sometimes like that too. She would be SO restless then quiet for 2-3 days. I was told it was because of a growth spurt. After those days, she would kick up a storm again.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 6th, 2011, 06:46 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Glad you have an NST tomorrow (never hurts to double check)...Savannah gave me a number of scares in the final month where she'd go stealth on me for long periods (sleeping is a good guess). I'd roll on her a bit until i'd get her to kick me...drink a soda...all the same stuff you're doing i'm sure

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
October 7th, 2011, 09:03 AM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
How'd your NST go ?

October 7th, 2011, 09:25 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
I happy Scarlett started moving around more for you. I hope your appointment goes great.
October 7th, 2011, 09:59 AM
How was the test Missy? Thinking about you today!

October 7th, 2011, 10:51 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad Scarlett started moving more. I hope your appointment goes well.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
October 7th, 2011, 10:58 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Glad she moved fro you!! Let us know how the NST goes!

October 7th, 2011, 12:08 PM
My appointment was great! She was slow but did move around and her heartbeat raised with each movement. It was just what the doctors were looking for. They detected some contractions and she did great during them.

My blood pressure was low 80/70 so they suggested I get some rest and drink extra fluids for the next few days. I think it is due to stress - had some rough news this week that got me upset.

All in all - Once again you ladies are all correct! Bravo for your knowledge.

And Lori - I am going for NST 2 times a week now (today was my first). The doctor said he would rather be safe than sorry. He said "I don't want to scare you because everything has been going textbook so far but at your age things can take a turn quickly and I would rather have you do the tests than not for peace of mind." And it is not like they are trying to milk my insurance because they get one flat rate no matter how many tests I have ect....

Thanks Girls - you rock!!

October 7th, 2011, 12:11 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
YAY for a good NST! I was doing the twice a week NST's at the end with CJ. It was nice for the extra bit of reassurance.

October 7th, 2011, 12:41 PM
I am glad to hear that you had a good NST. I am sorry to hear that you got some bad news this week that upset you regardless of what it is. I wish life would be easier during pregnancy, but it just goes on with the crappy ups and downs.

October 7th, 2011, 12:44 PM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
I am so happy you had a great NST. I jumped on here just to see if you updated yet.

Now you need to take care of yourself and get some rest and make sure you get enough to drink.

If you need to talk text or call me. I haven't been around much because the sickness is really kicking my butt. Although I am not complaining. It is wrose in the mornings then calms down in the afternoon some.
October 7th, 2011, 05:24 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Missy-
Your doctor is awesome for doing that

Kaiden almost NEVER moved inside, I mean seriously, I was always freaking out cause I rarely felt him move ever...he even failed an NST after I mentioned it to the doctor (so I got a free extra U/S out of it)...doppler was my best friend!! I really hope that this baby moves a little bit more, just so that I can experience it
October 8th, 2011, 12:22 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay! I am glad the test went well!!!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search