My 12 week appt

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2011, 12:41 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
I have been pretty MIA lately from the boards and the internet in general. October is always a very busy month for us with our sons birthday, halloween/fall events and such.

I had my 12 week appt on Wednesday and it went very well! I got to hear the hb on the doppler They had a student try to find it first but he couldn't, then the nurse found it...I thought I was all done after that (sat up and fixed my pants etc lol) then the doctor came in and he had trouble finding it. So I got a quick ultrasound...and the HB was 165 My lower stomach was kinda sore after all that haha.

We even got to see the baby kick and bounce around some which was really awesome to see. Made me feel so much better.

My next appt is Nov 2 for the quad screen (blood test) and then my fetal scan (finding out the gender) would be at the very end of November around 18 - 20 weeks. I think 20 weeks he said so Nov 30...I wish I didn't have to wait that long!

I also will be weaning off the prometrium over the next two weeks. They said I could stop taking it immediately but that I could wean off of them if it would make me feel better. It kinda worries me to stop taking them...but it is supposed to be safe now. Just hard when I know it has helped me sustain the pregnancy this long.

Anyway here is a photo from the 12 week ultrasound. I am feeling very positive about this pregnancy now. So happy to almost be in the second trimester:

Oh and after our appt we went car shopping and found a new (used) car! I am so excited. We just have one car right now, a Nissan Sentra, and it just is barely cutting it as far as room. So it def would not work with 2 kids. We got a 06 Jeep Liberty Renegade. Eep!

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
October 8th, 2011, 12:53 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I am glad that your appointment went so well. It would be scary to wean off of the prometrium. I would do the wean rather than the instant stopping of it as well!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 8th, 2011, 01:10 PM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY for an awesome appt! I was told at my peri appt on the 29th that I could stop my Crinone. I had just filled it, so I kept taking it every night this past week. I'm going to start weaning tonight. I'm honestly scared. He also told me I could stop the baby aspirin, but that's not happening!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

October 8th, 2011, 01:16 PM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for a great appointment! And on the new car! I totally hear ya, we have a Sentra also, and decided to get a van after we found out we were expecting Dawson...the Sentra totally sucks for space! (2006)

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

October 8th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Great appointment!
October 8th, 2011, 04:46 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Glad for a good appointment. So happy for you guys.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

October 8th, 2011, 05:00 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmykids623 View Post
YAY for an awesome appt! I was told at my peri appt on the 29th that I could stop my Crinone. I had just filled it, so I kept taking it every night this past week. I'm going to start weaning tonight. I'm honestly scared. He also told me I could stop the baby aspirin, but that's not happening!
I don't blame you... I wouldn't stop the baby asprin either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedaysoon View Post
Yay for a great appointment! And on the new car! I totally hear ya, we have a Sentra also, and decided to get a van after we found out we were expecting Dawson...the Sentra totally sucks for space! (2006)
YES. Ours is a 2004. I feel like we really need a van...but I am not sure I am ready for a van just yet hehe. I am sure all that space is freaking awesome though. Prob when number 3 is here lol...we will need a van.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
October 8th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay for a great appointment! So glad things are going well and congrats on the car!

October 8th, 2011, 05:50 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad that you had a great appointment. Happy that your pregnan is moving right along. I hope your little boy has a wonderful birthday!! We miss you around here.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
October 8th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Super Mommy
Yay for a great appt!! I weaned myself of prometrium at about 14 weeks and all went well. The baby aspirin I took right to 36 weeks.
October 8th, 2011, 06:48 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
yay for a great appt & hearing hb on doppler! Congrats on shopping for a car...we need to do that too, but probably won't get motivated until early next year. A bigger vehicle is def a necessity with 2 kids..heck i think it's a necessity with just the one i have

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
October 8th, 2011, 08:07 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
what a wonderful appointment
CONGRATS!!
October 8th, 2011, 08:43 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So happy all went well with your appt! Beautiful pic of the baby too! Congrats on the new car!!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

October 8th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay for a good appt, and hooray for a second car!!
October 9th, 2011, 07:44 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
This is awseome news
good luck on the weaning off. My dr said I will be stopping it at 12 weeks too. I wont be able to wean though because I am only using 1 100mg pill at night.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
October 9th, 2011, 11:51 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsey2000k View Post
This is awseome news
good luck on the weaning off. My dr said I will be stopping it at 12 weeks too. I wont be able to wean though because I am only using 1 100mg pill at night.
My Crinone is a gel dose that's hard to judge in the prefilled applicator. I'm going to do every other night and then every two nights and so on. Could you do something like that with the 100mg pills?

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

October 9th, 2011, 12:04 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmykids623 View Post
My Crinone is a gel dose that's hard to judge in the prefilled applicator. I'm going to do every other night and then every two nights and so on. Could you do something like that with the 100mg pills?
No its a really small round gel cap pill.
I am not to worried about the progestrone, I think the ticket for me is the Lovenox shots my DR just put me on the progeatrone because he said he was not taking any chances this time.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
October 9th, 2011, 04:43 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Congrats mama!! So glad things are going well

I was terrified coming off the prometrium as well. I weaned myself down over about 3 weeks. And things obviously went fine. But it was scary
October 9th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Super Mommy
Congrats on an awesome appointment and being in the second trimester (almost!) YAY!!

October 10th, 2011, 07:09 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Ohhhhh so happy for you! Congrats!

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search