First Ultrasound on Tuesday - Anyone else see a HB at 6 wks? **UPDATE**

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Super Mommy
**UPDATE**
They did an abdominal and said if there was only a sac and it measured 6 wks they would do a vaginal, but if there was only a sac and it measured less than 6 wks they would reschedule me.

I am 6 wks. The sac measured 5 wks 4 days. She wouldn't do a vaginal. I am going back next Tuesday.

That in and of itself was a set back but not the end of the world because I know abdominals don't work too well at this stage. But my symptoms seem to be letting up, I've been cramping (and/or back pain) and yesterday had a tiny bit of old blood in cm. So all of that combined hasn't been very helpful for my mind set.

There were a couple of tiny lines/dots visible inside the sac but I have no idea if that was just nothing or maybe something...Just waiting again now....

************************************************** ********************************

I have an ultrasound scheduled for Tuesday. I will be 6 weeks.

I am SO HOPING to see a heartbeat....

I have tried to think about how I will handle it if we don't and I'm not sure. But I am also not sure what kind of equipment they have or if it will be trans-vag or abdominal. If you saw one at 6 weeks was it vaginal or abdominal?

I had a HORRIBLE experience on Friday at the clinic where I was supposed to have my first appointment...they were just really awful and long story short, I didn't have the appt at all. It was weird how I ended up getting the u/s appt - I was walking down the street by my studio and had to pass the protesters outside the Planned Parenthood Clinic. I was still crying and very upset from the appt. I yelled at the protesters "How about affordable healthcare for those of us who DO want to keep our babies?!" Of course they grabbed me and started asking how they could help me, so I told them what was wrong and they set me up for an u/s appt at the pregnancy center.

Obviously I am not considering aborting, so hopefully I won't to sit through any gruesome videos or lectures. But if they are the only ones willing to help me get some peace of mind, then so be it. I have to say, I am embarrassed and ashamed at the social and healthcare community in my area - the fact that the protesters are doing a better job of caring for pregnant women in this community should cause them great shame.

Anyway, please keep me in your T&P's for a good u/s and a hb!!

Last edited by girlymom; October 12th, 2011 at 05:55 AM.
October 9th, 2011, 06:28 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At 6 weeks it can go either way as the HB is just starting to develop at that point. If they do a trans. ultrasound you have a better chance of seeing the heartbeat. Mine was low at I think 100 at the 6 week mark but the jumped right up to the 130's by the following week.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

October 9th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Super Mommy
I know I saw dd2's hb at about 6 wks but I cannot remember for the life of me if it was abdominal or vaginal!

October 9th, 2011, 06:35 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I got an abdominal u/s at 6 weeks 1 day and was only able to see a fetal pole and yolk sac. At 7 weeks during a vaginal u/s we were able to see the HB. Like Missy said, it can go either way, but a vaginal one would probably be the way to go if it was able to be seen.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 9th, 2011, 07:37 PM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
I saw a heartbeat at 6w3d. Good luck, T&P for you!

1/25/12

October 9th, 2011, 07:57 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
With my first daughter I saw the hb at 6 weeks. I remember it being slow but that is normal. Glad you are getting an u/s.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

October 9th, 2011, 08:06 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Agree with the others...with good equipment on a vaginal U/S, you should be able to see a heartbeat (but try not to freak out if you dont) - at 6 weeks, the heart is JUST starting to beat, so if you are literally 1-2 days off with your dates, the heart might not have started beating yet...

Also, I have a U/S at an anti-abortion place on Tuesday - just cause I really want an U/S...I also had one there with the one we lost, and it wasnt that bad...I got "preached" to for about 10 minutes, but once you tell them that you arent aborting the baby, they are pretty happy
October 9th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck at your u/s! I saw this baby's heartbeat at 6 weeks, but only through vaginal u/s. The abdominal one they couldn't see anything.
October 10th, 2011, 05:35 AM
Super Mommy
Did they just do an abdominal at the anti-abortion place?

October 10th, 2011, 11:33 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't had one that early but I do agree with the other ladies. Good Luck at your appointment and update us after.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
October 10th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Super Mommy
Ugh I have a feeling this is only going to be abdominal....I really want/need to see something...I just can't deal with this anxiety

October 10th, 2011, 03:08 PM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It could really go either way. I saw 2 healthy heartbeats with this pregnancy at 5w6d with a transvaginal u/s. I hope you get to see a beautiful h/b!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

October 12th, 2011, 05:56 AM
Super Mommy
Update at top.

October 12th, 2011, 06:46 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
That so sucks that they only did an abdominal. You're too early for that! At least you go back in a week.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
October 12th, 2011, 08:38 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
So sorry you are still waiting. I hope next Tuesday brings great news.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search