baby bottles

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 12th, 2011, 05:47 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What are the best baby bottles to use? What about nipples? The big ones or little ones?

What bottles have you used/do you plan on using?

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

October 12th, 2011, 06:07 PM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
I used the Avent ones with DD and really liked them. The nipples come in numbers according to age. I saved everything and would like to use them but, after 3 years in storage I'm not so sure...

1/25/12

October 12th, 2011, 06:08 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
My DD was strictly breast fed the first 6 months, but I think we just went to plain old bottles after that. My son used whatever was cheapest at the time. I think it is personal preference of the baby, but I could be completely wrong.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
October 12th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We used Avent bottles and they worked fine for us. I still have them but I'm hoping to exclusively BF this time in hopes of helping my milk come in really well (which wasn't the case with my son).
October 12th, 2011, 06:55 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you are buying advent bottles I just found a $3 off coupon online!

$3 off 1 Multi-pack AVENT BPA-Free Baby Bottles Printable Coupon at CouponNetwork.com

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

October 12th, 2011, 06:57 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I hope to EBF for 6 months, but we do have bottles just in case. We got the Breastflow bottles.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 12th, 2011, 08:30 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I used avent with my first two. They worked great. They didn't like platex. We are using the tommee tippee this time. We really like them. The nipples on most are numbered. You just get the various numbers. We have the small bottles for the first few months. The bigger bottles for when she is bigger.
Browns are supposed to be good too. Some does have to do with what baby likes.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

October 12th, 2011, 09:16 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
At first I just used the cheapo Gerber bottles but Megan only preferred the fast flow nipples so that made it challenging. Then at like 3 months old I got Avent bottles on a super good clearance deal and she loves them!

October 13th, 2011, 03:36 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
The main thing is to get BPA free. They might all be at this point since it was a big deal a year or two ago.
October 13th, 2011, 04:09 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Missy!! I forgot to tell you that I saved a $10 off Pampers coupon for you. Lol. I hope it is still good. *thread hijack over*

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
October 13th, 2011, 06:07 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I started with breastflow, then later we switched to NUK. Breastflow were great while I was still trying to breastfeed, but the NUK's were super easy to clean.

I don't think you can even buy bottles with BPA anymore.

October 13th, 2011, 06:17 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
I tried Avent with DD but they all leaked and she seemed to be more gassy with them.
I swapped to Playtex and they were great. You can push all the air out and sit baby up so they draw the milk out instead of it running into there mouths.
But DD was breastfeed so we only did a bottle about once a week.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
October 13th, 2011, 09:04 AM
mom2moose
We use Playtex. Did for Moose and are again With Finn. I really like them, although they are more expensive when you consider you have to buy liners and such. But, they are much easier to clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepingFaith View Post
I used the Avent ones with DD and really liked them. The nipples come in numbers according to age. I saved everything and would like to use them but, after 3 years in storage I'm not so sure...
I heard that nipples can only be used for up to 6 months, then thrown away. Might want to check my facts out though, as I can't remember where I heard that.
October 13th, 2011, 09:37 AM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2moose View Post
I heard that nipples can only be used for up to 6 months, then thrown away. Might want to check my facts out though, as I can't remember where I heard that.
I was going to buy new nipples regardless, and sterilize the bottles again as long as they don't look discolored or anything

1/25/12

October 13th, 2011, 11:34 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I used Dr. Browns and loved them. I BF DS but when he went to daycare he drank pumped milk and those were the only bottles that he would drink out of. They really seemed to help with gas also. We used the big nipples because they were what he preferred. I tried Avent at first but they always leaked.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
October 13th, 2011, 12:36 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have always used Avent bottles (they only leak if you over tighten the nipple) until we had our daughter. Which was in teh BPA time frame, so we switched to Born Free. We will probably use Born Free glass bottles again this time. We use the larger size nipples since it keeps their mouth open wide like the breast does. I think there is less likely to be nipple confusion that way. We generally start bottles around 3 weeks to limit confusion, but get them ready for when I go back to work at 6 weeks.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
October 13th, 2011, 04:02 PM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We used Dr. Browns and Playtex Vent Airs with DS. Then we found Playtex drop ins with DD, and LOVED them! We're going to be using the drop ins with the twins unless they need a different bottle.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

October 14th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Veteran
I plan on breast feeding and from the research I have done, Breastflow seems to be the best option for us....

October 15th, 2011, 06:59 AM
KaiyaRae'sMomma's Avatar Forever missing Kaiya Rae
Kaiya was a true booby baby. She hated the bottle and wouldn't take it. But I went back to work at 3 months, so she had no choice. We tried 4 different bottles and 5 different nipples. We started with Breastflow and at first she took it fine, but about 2 weeks later she started hating the bottle. We started at 3 weeks old just giving a small bottle once in a while of pumped milk to introduce her to it. When it became a major struggle we decided to try BornFree because we happened to have one at home we got for free in our registry package. She took this one for a week or so. Then began refusing the bottle all together and would just scream and scream whenever someone tried to give her one. We then tried the cheap gerber bottles with 2 different size/kind of nipples. No go. Finally about 2 days before I went back to work I tried Playtex Ventaire and she took 4 oz straight! That was that and from then on that is bottle she took. She started with the "fast flow" nipple, I think she liked not having to work so hard for the milk...but it was too fast and she would choke, so I got nervous and tried the slow flow and she took that too, so we stayed with slow flow. Ventaire was the winner!!

Thank you Alethia for my siggy!

Read my blog: www.grievingmomma.wordpress.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search