vent/cry

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2011, 08:44 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I know I am not the most radiantly beautiful pregnant lady. But, I REALLY liked my belly picture from yesterday. I made it my FB profile picture. Well, this morning I am definitely the hormonal pregnant woman crying over a stupid comment. Who in their right mind tells a 39 week pregnant lady if they are sure they are only having one? In all honesty, I feel SMALL. I got huge so early on in pregnancy that when she continued to measure well on schedule and I didn't LOOK bigger I started to feel phenomenal! So, with that comment today I feel horrible, weepy, and I know I shouldn't. It is everything I can do to not bawl my eyes out. This is probably just a fish for a compliment post, sorry. It is just a hard start to the day.

It also doesn't help that I am already emotional because of what day this is and remembering my angels.

Thank you PrincessMom08 for my beautiful siggy!

Last edited by geogeek; October 15th, 2011 at 09:06 AM.
October 15th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh - I feel so sorry for you! People say the dumbest things. I like to think it is their way of saying you look ready to pop and really pregnant more than thinking you look bigger than you should, but it is such a stupid, insensitive thing to see. Cheer up though - baby will be here before you know it!

October 15th, 2011, 09:48 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
People are so stupid! I got that comment all the time with DS and DD. This time some people are telling me I'm small for having twins, then one of my coworkers asked me the other day if I'm sure there aren't 3. For real smart ***? FWIW I've always thought you were on the small side for being as far along as you are. You look fabulous mama!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

October 15th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
That's ridiculous. I'm sorry. ((hugs))

October 15th, 2011, 10:58 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I thought you looked great in that picture and rather petite. Sorry people are stupid.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

October 15th, 2011, 11:33 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Okay...I have not seen the pic...but that is the meanest thing that someone could say. You are doing fantastic because your body is growing a HUMAN BEING. Who cares how big you look (I will have to check out the pic, because if memory serves me, you were NOT big at all in previous pics). That person deserves to have a snarky comment angled their direction. I am sorry she rained on your parade. It is so hard when the hormones are in high drive and someone is mean. It has happened to me and it certainly does take the wind out of your sails.

ETA: I just looked at the pic. LOLOLOLOL. I can show her big if she wants. You look awesome at full term. That perfect preggo belly is not big at all. I have seen WAY bigger. DH even commented to me on a woman in my church group last week. She had a c-section yesterday at 38 + 4...but last weekend she was looking huge. But I would never say anything like that to her and even DH (who is not known for tact) did not say anything to her. I think all preggo ladies are perfect, no matter how big their belly. And yours is not big at all.

Super big thanks to Jaidynsmum for my cool siggy!

Last edited by ashj_1218; October 15th, 2011 at 11:36 AM.
October 15th, 2011, 11:52 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
People don't think before they say something. I don't think you look big at all.
October 15th, 2011, 01:05 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
I'm sorry. I get so pissed off when people make that comment to other ladies. I bet your belly picture looks absolutely beautiful.

October 15th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Thanks ladies. I did do a snarkey comment after her comment calling her rude. She has since apologized saying that she didn't mean to be rude...yeah...then think before you speak (write)! Thanks for letting me vent and for lifting my spirits yet again.

October 15th, 2011, 01:46 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, yeah I had to go check out hte pic first and you are NOT huge!!! I have a picture of myself at just 36 weeks with my daughter and I look as big as you do now!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
October 15th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love your baby belly, you are ALL belly and nothing else! I wish that were the case for me! LOL Sorry the comment ruined your day
October 15th, 2011, 02:53 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
I'm sorry People really just don't get it sometimes when to keep their mouths shut! ~Hugs~

October 15th, 2011, 05:55 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
People just doing think before they speak and most of the time when they do post something rude it is because they are jealous that you look so darn good. I didn't see the picture but I'm sure you look beautiful!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
October 15th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Thanks again ladies. It is the picture in the Friday belly shot thread. I know it is a bit superficial, but I feel beautiful again. Thank you

October 15th, 2011, 07:50 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Girly - you are rocking an adorable baby belly.

I get told at least once a day how huge I am. I honestly just laugh it all off.

You are beautiful and I am glad you feel that way!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

October 16th, 2011, 05:46 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
People are sooo soo dumb

(((HUGS))) you look great !

October 17th, 2011, 07:44 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is just one of those stupid comments that people make when they don't have anything useful to say I have thought all along that you look tiny for how far you are- you look great!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search