Safe medications for colds during pregnancy??

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2011, 11:51 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
I am looking at the list of safe medications our OB gave us and it says for a cold/congestion/runny nose that the following is safe:

Sudafed (plain)
Claritin-D
Tylenol Sinus Daytime Caplets

I am not sure if I have a cold or what. I am hardly ever sick. Here is what is going on:

I work in retail (usually just 2 short days a week) and last week we had a special visit in one of the stores where the video game cases had to be reset/remerchandised. Well apparently they never dust...it was so thick. By the time I got home my throat was hurting and so irritated. That was on Thursday. It has now progressed into headaches, earaches, sore throat, cough, runny nose, sneezing, slight breathing problems...and now slowly losing my voice.

I don't feel like I just can't get out of bed or anything...more of an annoyance at this point. I don't know if all that dust could have made me this sick or if I am getting a cold and it's just a coincidence.

Anyway...to my question I guess...do any of you have experience taking the meds above during pregnancy? I hate taking medication unless its absolutely necessary. I am usually the kind of person to just wait things out and hope to feel better but at the same time I certainly don't want it to get worse.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
October 16th, 2011, 05:42 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I took sudafed while pregnant just this August. I had the worst cold. Lots of fluids and sleep. It could be from the dust. I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

October 16th, 2011, 08:08 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
I took sudafed while pregnant with my DD and she is fine (8 years old now). If you are afraid of taking anything, why not try hot lemon water or hot tea? We can have honey while pregnant too right?

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
October 16th, 2011, 09:25 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The safe list from my obgyn's (for a cold)
Tylenol
Sudafed
Claritin
Mucinex
Benadryl
Robitussin DM
Vicks
Halls
For Heartburn - Mylanta, Maalox, Tums

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

October 16th, 2011, 12:15 PM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've taken Sudafed and plain Claritin with DS, DD, and this time. I hope you feel better soon!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

October 16th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Thanks everyone. I think I may have taken Sudafed when I was pregnant with Ethan but its been so long ago I dont remember.

I may just be going to the dr tomorrow...I felt like train hit me when I woke up this morning. I coughed so hard I vomited and it felt like my tonsils were going to fly right out of my throat!

The crappy news is my husband has been gone all weekend so he isn't here to run out and get me anything - we only have one car right now (the new one we just bought...put our main car in the shop on Thurs). He is coming home tonight sometime...I just don't know exactly when. Walgreens here closes at 8 or 9 on Sunday.

October 16th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Yuck! Can you go to a neighbor and ask for help? Have them bring you to the store real quick maybe? ((hugs)) I hope you feel better soon.

CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett

October 16th, 2011, 02:43 PM
I kinda thought of that already. Luckily Jeremy's grandparents live next door BUT they are gone today! Poopies. lol.

October 16th, 2011, 03:45 PM
That sucks. I hope you feel better soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search