Joining

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2011, 06:32 AM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi! Last week I found out I was pregnant again after a first trimester loss back in April. I'm about 4w3d. I have a couple of questions:

1) Has anything helped you deal with the anxiety? My doctor didn't do a lot of testing, but based on my history seemed to think it was just a random chromosomal abnormality that wouldn't be likely to repeat again. I'm hoping if I can get past that point this time around I'll feel better, but I still have a few more weeks that seem a loooong way away. I am also very nervous about going back into the ultrasound room.

2) What are the prenatal appointments like after a loss? I have one child already and only had two routine ultrasounds and basic bloodwork with her. This time, when I called the office and asked when they wanted to see me, they booked me in right away. My appointment is on Thursday when I will be 5 weeks.

October 16th, 2011, 12:53 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Pregnancy after loss is so much different. It is possible to have a perfectly normal pregnancy after a loss. The feelings of worry and anxiety are normal. The first trimester is the hardest for most people. I hope you will stick around this is a great group of ladies and very supportive. I hope the weeks fly by for you.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

October 16th, 2011, 09:14 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!

Posting on this board and having the huge support system of the girls here is what got me through this pregnancy. Nothing ever fully calmed my stress and worry but being here surrounded with girls that "got it" helped!

I have had ultrasounds every 4 weeks and extra bloodwork but it is because of my age not my losses.

(((hugs))) and Welcome

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

October 17th, 2011, 07:16 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Every doctor is different is what they do for a pregnancy after loss. Mine is one extreme- where I can pretty much call to get an u/s whenever my anxiety level gets too high, vs others who treat you the same as someone who never had a loss.

Between my RE and the Peri I'm up to 4 u/s and scheduled for another next week. (which is actually the NT scan and blood work).

October 17th, 2011, 07:52 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Pregnancy after a loss is unfortunately a time of high anxiety. I think you've made a great decision coming to this board- the women here are such a great support when you're feeling scared.

I agree with Sam that every doctor is different in how they treat a patient with a previous loss. It sounds like your doctor is going to be willing to see you more to ease your mind, which I think is great! I hope that everything goes perfectly for you!
October 17th, 2011, 08:08 AM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
and Congrats! I has an u/s every two weeks for the first tri and monthly since. But, I also have an SCH that they are monitoring. I agree every doctor is different but, you will typically receive a little more attention after a loss. If you feel like you need an u/s to make sure everything is ok you have to speak up for yourself, don't let yourself worry. H&H 9 Months!

1/25/12

October 17th, 2011, 08:23 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations. The first trimester is the hardest after a loss. I know that the women on this board have been a tremendous support for me in dealing with the first trimester scares and hopefully they can help you also.

My doctor is doing u/s every two weeks until 20 weeks then if all is progressing as it should he will go to once a month. I think he is doing the extra u/s mainly for my peace of mind because like you my dr. thinks my loss was from a chromosomal problem which is not likely to re-occur.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
October 17th, 2011, 08:33 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
First off, congratulations on your pregnancy! After a loss, anxiety is very high. Most doctors understand this and it seems like your doctor is one of them since you have a 5 week appointment. I too got more and earlier ultrasounds. I hope you stick around the board! These ladies have been my PAL lifesavers!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search