Went to the Doctor (sick) - Pic Inside :)

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2011, 11:50 AM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
So to update my post from the other day about what meds you can take when you have a cold....

I went ahead and decided to go to the Dr. this morning to get some relief! It got worse yesterday.

She gave me some antibiotics so hopefully they will make me feel better. I hate taking all the mediciation during pregnancy...it makes me kind of nervous. One of the meds they gave me was prednisone but just taking it for 3 days. I don't think I have ever taken Prednisone before. Also gave me Amox-Clav and Meclizine if anyone knows what those are.

Apparently, the dust probably had some sort of bacteria in it that gave me an infection...and inflammation.

Anyway during my visit she tried to find the HB via doppler but had a hard time hearing anything. So she did a quick ultrasound and saw why....the baby was going crazy...bouncing all over the place and would not sit still hehe. It is so awesome to see that!

I have been worried about being sick and it affecting the baby. I know our bodies do some amazing things when pregnant and can protect our little ones very well but it's hard not to worry about some things when you have experienced loss...well im sure its hard for someone who hasn't experienced one as well. I never worried about anything when I was pregnant with our son...but now it's a different story.

Anyway here is the u/s pic from today...She scanned near the genitals but it was SO fast and probably on accident so I didn't get to see much. Darn it lol. It is still quite early for that anyway...but I am so excited to find out.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
October 17th, 2011, 12:25 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry your not feeling well but what a great picture. So happy you got to see your little baby. I hope you feel better soon.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
October 17th, 2011, 01:47 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am glad you were able to get to the doctor. Having an infection probably has the potential for being more harmful on the baby than the meds they gave you so I wouldn't worry about it.

Isn't it so awesome to see our babies via ultrasound? Are you thinking boy or girl?

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

October 17th, 2011, 02:26 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you've been sick Like you need anything else to worry about!

What an awesome u/s picture! And I can't believe how far along you are already!
October 17th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope you feel better soon, yay for an extra u/s!
October 17th, 2011, 02:52 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Hope you feel better soon!
But YAY for a peak at baby!!

October 17th, 2011, 04:55 PM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you feel better soon! I'm very familiar with Prednisone. I've taken it more times than I can count for bronchitis, pneumonia, and bad asthma attacks, including for 10 days when I was pregnant with DD and had pneumonia. It should help with the inflammation pretty quickly. That pic is beautiful!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

October 18th, 2011, 04:53 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
It's a Thundercat baby!! I love those pics So nice you got to see your baby and that they are taking care of the infection. I am sure all will be fine. I was on antibiotics twice with Liam's pregnancy. We could not get the infection to respond. And he is healthy as a horse.

I know what it is like to wait on bated breath to find out the gender. We broke down and got an elective sono at 16 weeks to find out. I was dead wrong with what I thought he was

Can't wait for your next sono.
October 18th, 2011, 02:02 PM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
Hope you start to feel better soon. Yay for seeing baby.
October 18th, 2011, 04:20 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Thank you everyone for the support

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy123 View Post
I am glad you were able to get to the doctor. Having an infection probably has the potential for being more harmful on the baby than the meds they gave you so I wouldn't worry about it.

Isn't it so awesome to see our babies via ultrasound? Are you thinking boy or girl?
I love seeing my baby on ultrasound! It makes me feel so excited every time.

I have been thinking girl the whole time we shall see

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
October 18th, 2011, 07:52 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Hope you start feeling better soon. Cute picture.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

October 19th, 2011, 05:35 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I'm glad you got some medicine and I hope it helps you feel better soon! How awesome that you got to see your little one

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search