Message from Lara (L-SBB)

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2011, 01:09 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got this message from Lara yesterday, for some reason she couldn't log on to JM, but she wanted to update everyone

The appt confirmed the loss (no surprise) but some good news came out of the appt...surprisingly (to me at least) it appears i've almost completed the m/c on my own. So they're going to monitor my levels back to 0 but are hopeful that I can avoid a D&C. I was totally prepared to do the D&C, and despite the bleeding the cramping has been very mild so I was really surprised when they told me it looked to be almost over.

Better news, my doctor, even though I technically don't qualify, is willing to run a full set of recurrent loss bloodwork tests on me...I have to wait until 4 weeks after my levels return to 0 (so probably late Nov/early Dec) but I was excited she was willing to do this even though she doesn't think anything will turn up on the tests (since I successfully carried Savannah) but we know a few people on JM who had a child but then turned out to have a clotting disorder, so I feel like this is great just to rule out the possibility that future losses could be prevented.
The disappointing news is that Dr feels very strongly that I should wait until Jan to TTC again. I think it's a combo of some studies & my age + having had multiple losses that there is potentially an enhanced risk of a subsequent m/c if I don't take a break for 3 months. Not what I wanted to hear, but i'm consoling myself that the recurrent loss testing will give me something to focus on and it would be smarter to wait for those results anyway (which I assume would happen in Dec) so Jan kind of makes sense even though i'd love to TTC in Nov/Dec.

Thanks so much for all of your support, I really can't express adequately how much I appreciate it! You've been so sweet listening to me gripe and checking in to make sure I haven't lost my mind I'd LOVE to say it'd be fun to be in a DDC together (it would!) but since I have to wait until Jan, I really really hope you beat me to the BFP! HUGS

Lara

October 19th, 2011, 04:50 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I am glad she won't need a d&c. Glad the dr is testing but sucks about waiting to TTC. Big hugs to her.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

October 19th, 2011, 04:53 AM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Patty -- thanks for the update.

Lara -- I'm so sorry you are going through this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I know it seems like forever, but January will be here before you know it. Everything flies by past the holidays. I'm glad you get the opportunity to get some answers. BIG HUGS!!! I have hope -- Savannah will have her little brother/sister.

October 19th, 2011, 05:51 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
I feel so sorry for her.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
October 19th, 2011, 06:21 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I just replied to her in TTCAL but wanted to say thanks for updating us Patty!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

October 19th, 2011, 06:25 AM
*Tracy*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
so so sorry, i had 4 m/c in a row after carrying 3 normal babies and i found out i had the clotting disorder so u never no

October 19th, 2011, 06:25 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Thank you for updating us!

To Lara: I am very, very glad your doc is willing to run the blood work for you. We had a completely uneventful pregnancy with Liam and then had four losses before discovering I do have a clotting issue. So I hate it when docs "rule that out" without running tests. We would not have our rainbow if the doc had not run those tests. You have yourself a thorough doc...even if she does want you to wait til Jan. It is disappointing, but you will feel so much better waiting if it means you might have more answers. Hugs to you and I hope to see you back here in the new year!!
October 19th, 2011, 06:27 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
thanks so much Patty for updating here too...JM was frustrating me horribly last night and kicking me out so I gave up after awhile. Today, hopefully it's all fixed!

And thanks for the hugs everyone...i'm doing ok

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
October 19th, 2011, 07:00 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im so sorry for your loss, and pray that your little girl carry's you through the holidays until you can ttc again.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

October 19th, 2011, 07:01 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
So sorry but I bet your glad the limbo is over.
I had a miscarriage and went on to have DD so they figured my first miscarriage was just a fluck... then same with the miscarriage after her. After number 3 they ran tests and found out I have MTHFR and how Madison is here I dont know.

Good luck on your TTC journey and I hope you get your rainbow fast.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
October 19th, 2011, 07:23 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I'm glad you are doing ok Lara! And happy they are doing a work up. Even if it shows nothing at least you will have that knowledge.

October 19th, 2011, 08:05 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Lara, I am extremely saddened that you are going through this again. Many prayers are going out to you and your family in this time. I am very happy that they are so willing to do testing. I need to get this done myself.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 19th, 2011, 09:02 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((hugs)) I am so sorry for your loss. It is just heartbreaking. We are here for you.
October 19th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Patty- yes thanks for the update on her!

Lara- I'm sorry you're going through this again.. I'm glad you got some good news and were able to avoid the D&C. It's great your dr is willing to do all that testing on you. I hope that gives you some peace of mind so like you said future losses can be avoided. Don't let that 3 month break get you down. Time will go by quick. Do something special for yourself. Buy something fun you've been wanting for a while or maybe go to a nice dinner with your hubby or boyfriend or whoever you have. I know you'll have your rainbow baby some day!!!

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

October 19th, 2011, 10:52 AM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
zSo sad for your loss Lara...but happy that you were able to avoid a D&C and will get a bit of testing...thinking of you...
October 19th, 2011, 12:04 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
I am so sorry for your loss I am so glad they are doing the clotting bloodwork on you. I found out I have 3 disorders myself..that was back in March/April right after our last loss in Feb.

I am now on baby asprin for the rest of my life and doing lovenox injections during pregnancy and I am just over 14 weeks along. I really believe this is our rainbow baby!

I hope the testing can give you some answers as well...and you can get pregnant very fast next January when you are ready and have a very H&H 9 months with a super sticky bean.

I am glad that you probably will not need the D&C too...I am sure that was a relief. Praying that your body does what it needs to do and the next couple of months go by fast and you get some answers. *hugs*

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
October 19th, 2011, 12:09 PM
onedaysoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad your Dr. Is being proactive. I hope Nov/Dfec goes by in a flash.

Forever missing our angel November 9, 2010, with us for 9 weeks
~~~

October 19th, 2011, 12:27 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lara just want you to know that I'm thinking of you and glad you are doing okay.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
October 19th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for her loss but glad her dr will do testing for her!
October 19th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for your loss, Lara. I am glad that you may avoid a D&C, but I wish you weren't going through this at all. I have and will continue to think of you. Take care.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search