I am completely freaking out!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2011, 01:06 AM
mom2moose
I would think you will be ok, I think the main problem with pesticcides is continued exposure, not just an hour. But, try to stay out of the fumes as much as you can now, and ventilate the house the best you can. I would also mention it to the neighbor to give you a heads up next time.
October 22nd, 2011, 01:14 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I ditto everything Jenny said. It shouldn't be harmful because of the short amount of time.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 22nd, 2011, 01:26 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
He really should have given you notice for sure with that strong of a pesticide.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 22nd, 2011, 01:46 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
He should have warned people. I agree you guys are probably ok.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

October 22nd, 2011, 07:39 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Yeah. I guess I am such a freak about anything and everything now. I am still so terrified about another loss. I feel stupid about it now.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
October 22nd, 2011, 09:02 AM
We opened up all of the windows today to let the fresh air in as we were cleaning up the house. Well all of the sudden this horrible smell started coming into the house. I thought that my husband had mixed cleaners and I pushed the kids outside only to see that the neighbor directly behind us had smoke all in his back yard and it was filling up our back yard too. I thought his house was on fire, so my DH ran over the fence into his back yard to make sure everything was ok.

I get the kids inside but it still stinks bad. Turns out it was not a fire but a freaking mosquito fogger!!! It got all in our house and both the kids and I were breathing in poision!! I am terrifed about what this will do for our pregnancy. I was trying to look it up online and it said to completely stay away from pesticides until 8 weeks because it can cause severe birth defects. We left the house for a half an hour, but when we got back you could still slightly smell it.

I am freaking out ladies!! I don't want to experience anything bad because of this or lose my baby.

October 22nd, 2011, 09:27 AM
Wow how weird the posts are posting backwards. I hope that is true ladies. I am just so p*ssed at the neighbor right now. It literally looked like his house was on fire. Even our next door neighbor though so.

October 22nd, 2011, 10:10 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with Jenny. I would also go and speak to your neighbor. Tell them you are pregnant and need to be notified in the future with things like this. Or if you don't want to mention pregnancy use your children as an example.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

October 22nd, 2011, 09:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What a jerk
October 23rd, 2011, 08:45 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZsnowflake View Post
What a jerk
I totally agree. He should not have done that without at least letting you guys know. How stressful! You did exactly the right thing, though, and I'm sure you and baby will be fine

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search