Well, I did NOT have an appointment today

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2011, 09:15 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
My husband took the morning off of work to take me to this appointment about 20 minutes away from here. We get there, sign in, start filling out all the paperwork, etc.. Two hours later we get called back to the financial help part of it and we were flat out told to either pay $900 up front and then $800 a month until delivery or we would not be seen.

I tried to talk to the lady and told her that we qualify for CHIP and we were told that we would pay very little out of pocket or nothing until we are approved. She basically told us that they only deal with Medicaid and not CHIP and because we are $150 over the limit for Medicaid they will not see me unless I pay $900 up front. I was shocked because this is NOT what the lady over the phone told me when I made my appointment. She said basically they do applications for CHIP and accept it, but do not handle it in the office so she could not help me and said pretty much "bye. come back when you can pay the $900 or get an answer from CHIP."

I lost it. I went berserk and balled my eyes out. I stormed out leaving my husband in there to deal with the lady. I have been crying non stop since then and I have not been able to stop. Although I have stopped sobbing. I hate this all. Now I am once again in the waiting game until I hear something from CHIP, which btw they could not give me a time frame on another answer.

I am so afraid ladies that something is wrong or that there is no baby. I was so scared about the appointment this morning, only to not be told anything about my pregnancy. So luckily I had a refill on my progesterone and I am paying another $115 for that until I can actually have someone see me. I guess I am still just on 400mg of progesterone a day, 1 low does baby aspirin a day, and prenatals until I find something out. Now I just need to find a way to control the hormones and stop crying.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
October 27th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
Hugs!!!!

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

October 27th, 2011, 10:02 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((hugs))

Can you go to the RE you went to before just to get an ultrasound to ease your fears while you are sorting out this part of the process?

We had to pay out of pocket for our first 4 ultrasounds but it was worth every penny while we waited for the insurance to get settled.

Or is there a pay place where you can get an ultrasound done?

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

October 27th, 2011, 10:10 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Lindsey that sucks!! I can't believe there are suck mean spirited people in this world. I agree with Missy. I know around here (like 2 hours away) there is a free clinic where they do ultrasounds and first trimester appointments. Catch a place here and we will take you

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

October 27th, 2011, 10:18 AM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
I'm so sorry I really hope you can find somewhere to help you until the idiots at CHIP approve you. ((HUGS))

1/25/12

October 27th, 2011, 10:23 AM
The free clinics here do not do free appointments unless you qualify for Medicaid. That was what this clinic was, a supposed free clinic. My RE will not see me seeing how I have an open investigation against them. I think I am just going to bite the bullet and pay $500 out of pocket for my old OB/GYN without insurance. What I would like to know is why a "free" clinic is more expensive than a regular doctor? Basically I am just screwed until we figure something out. Plus to add a cherry to the top of the sundae, my sister called to find out how the appointment went and then chewed me out when I told her what happened. Basically it is my fault that our old insurance dropped us. Bleh.

October 27th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh Lindsey I'm so sorry! I hope that you can find someway to be seen right away and get some reassurances...

October 27th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyE117 View Post
The free clinics here do not do free appointments unless you qualify for Medicaid. That was what this clinic was, a supposed free clinic. My RE will not see me seeing how I have an open investigation against them. I think I am just going to bite the bullet and pay $500 out of pocket for my old OB/GYN without insurance. What I would like to know is why a "free" clinic is more expensive than a regular doctor? Basically I am just screwed until we figure something out. Plus to add a cherry to the top of the sundae, my sister called to find out how the appointment went and then chewed me out when I told her what happened. Basically it is my fault that our old insurance dropped us. Bleh.
That is horrible of your sister. I'm going to buy her a book "how to be a good sister". As far as the CHIP program I would call them and bug them every hour until I got some resolution. There is no reason for them to be how they are with you. (I can get nasty with insurance companies ) If you don't get anywhere then go above that person to the next one.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

My blog

October 27th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Well I talked to James, and he told me just to find a doctor close by that does reduced pricing for out of pocket patients. Found an OB right down the street that I can drive to that will do everything plus an u/s for the first visit at $400. They also accept CHIP, so if or when I ever get approved, then we should be able to stay with her. Hopefully I like her.

As for my sister, I bit my tongue because it was her attitude that stopped us for talking for years. She has no filter, says cruel things, and basically has a warped view of seeing things. She not sympathy for anyone, and I mean ANYONE. She could pass a person dying on the side of the street and ignore them, she is just that way. Sad really, but if I don't accept her the way that she is, then I would basically have no sister to speak of, and I love my nieces. She has nearly killed me from shock a few times by doing the rare occassion of kindness with me. I think there is a small flicker of warmth in that ice cold heart of hers.

October 27th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Lindsey I hope you like that doctor. Do you know when they can get you in for your first appointment?

My blog

October 27th, 2011, 11:17 AM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
in my town (which isnt that large) there is an anti-abortion clinic that does completely free viability ultrasounds...if your town is not too small, you might want to try to find it (I had no idea that it was here until another girl told me...even my OB didnt know that it existed)...I hope that something happens so that you can enjoy your pregnancy a bit more and not have to be as concerned about money
October 27th, 2011, 11:21 AM
My appointment is on Monday at 9am. I tried Planned Parenthood, but they would not give me an u/s unless I was considering abortion, and I did not really want to go down that route. I am feeling slightly better now, thank God. The only bad thing is that my hubby just called and said that he cannot be there on Monday. I guess I am in it alone. Pray I get good news.

October 27th, 2011, 11:42 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
I am sorry you are going through this. I hope you like the doctor you are seeing on Monday and you great answers. Thinking of you.
October 27th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry
October 27th, 2011, 12:10 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lindsey, I'm so sorry that you had such a terrible appointment this morning. it really doesn't make sense that a free clinic would cost more than a regular OB. I'm glad that you found somebody to go and got in on Monday. I can't wait to see your wonderful update on Monday.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
October 27th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Lindsey I really hope your appointment goes well!

My blog

October 27th, 2011, 12:55 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*

So sorry you are dealing with this! Hoping your appt on Monday goes excellent!!

October 27th, 2011, 01:03 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
(((HUGS)))

I will be praying for you Monday.

October 27th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalaw View Post
Lindsey, I'm so sorry that you had such a terrible appointment this morning. it really doesn't make sense that a free clinic would cost more than a regular OB. I'm glad that you found somebody to go and got in on Monday. I can't wait to see your wonderful update on Monday.
That's what I said too. I asked about reduced rates for cash paying patients, and she said the only thing they offer is a $6500 package that requires us to pay the first visit ($900) up front, and then pay off the rest in 6 months. That is an ungodly amount of money. Like $900 a month. I was disgusted.

October 27th, 2011, 04:13 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
I am sorry you have to deal with all that
I have insurance and still going to have to come out $6000.00 for the hospital bill.
I am thankful for the prescription coverage because its saving me $960.00 a month for my lovenox shots.

http://lindseysphotography.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search