Baby wearing?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 30th, 2011, 07:03 PM
dreamer10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok friends, I know some of you are pregnant with your first kids, and this topic might provide some helpful info, while others of you have kids and have done this.....baby wearing. I have never done it because I have never found a wrap that not only allowed me to get all that I need to done, but my shoulders ache non stop while I baby wear. What do you all think? Have you heard of some wraps that are better than others? Reason I ask is that my sweet girl has reflux and dairy allergies and seems unhappy a lot of the time. She is always happy against my chest though and I am to the point where I truly don't mind just wearing her around all day. She is my last after all. So suggestions from experienced moms like you?

Our rainbow baby Brynlee Sue was born August 17th after four heartbreaking loses! Life is an amazing journey. Hang on, keep your faith and try to always move forward!
October 30th, 2011, 07:56 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I just got a moby and really like it. I can carry her no problem. It wasn't that hard to figure out how to do either. I have never baby wore before. It's a whole new experience for us.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

October 30th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I make Mei Tais! They have been the best thing I have tried and I have tried a lot! They are SO cmofy and I can't even tell I am carrying him! With the Mei Tai you can wear baby in front (facing in or out) side or on back! I LOVE it!

October 30th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a moby and used it with my son but I got it when he was like 4 or 5 months old and the chunky monkey he was it wasn't easy to carry him for very long. I think the moby is good for newborns and the first couple months. I really want to get an Ergo carrier. I have MANY friends that have them and say they can wear the baby for HOURS and never have any aches or pains. You can use it with newborns but need to buy an infant insert for it which needs to be used til they are 4-6 months old to position them right in the carrier. And you can carry baby on your front, back, or hip.
October 31st, 2011, 05:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a ring sling but I can't seem to use it correctly or something. I've followed the youtube video's but it still ends up being uncomfortable for both of us. Chloe cries whenever I try to put her in it. I am really disappointed because I was really looking forward to having both hands to do light housework.

October 31st, 2011, 12:43 PM
dreamer10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Erica....you mentioned that you made yourself some Mei Tais....would you be willing to make one for me if I paid you? I do believe we are in the same town...if I am not mistaken.....

Our rainbow baby Brynlee Sue was born August 17th after four heartbreaking loses! Life is an amazing journey. Hang on, keep your faith and try to always move forward!
October 31st, 2011, 04:43 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I used one something like this when Kyle was born. He loved it!

Evenflo Babygo Dash Baby Carrier NEW | eBay

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

October 31st, 2011, 06:26 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I plan on baby wearing this one. I just don't know which one I'm going with yet.

=May '05 and '11

October 31st, 2011, 08:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I currently have a K'tan, but it's too stretchy and I don't think it will work well when Lucia gets heavier. I've heard that Moby wraps are much better since they aren't stretchy, but you do have to practice wrapping them. I am currently saving up money for an Ergo. I have heard nothing but good things about the Ergo, and everyone says it doesn't hurt your back.

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
October 31st, 2011, 08:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Please don't use the the Baby Bjorn or snuggli ones. They are bad for baby's hips and spine because they let their legs dangle.... They are cheaper, but not worth it IMO!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search