Vent..(OT)

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2011, 05:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So I took down our halloween decorations today and decided while I was at it I might as well get out the Christmas decorations and put them up as well. I only have 2.5 weeks left (maximum!) til Bella is here and each day is jam packed with things we already have going on.

So obviously yes it's early to decorate for xmas, I usually do it after Thanksgiving but knowing that I will have NO energy to do so after giving birth and having a newborn, I want to make sure I have them out so my son can enjoy the holidays with a decorated house. Because of this weekends events we weren't even able to have time to get a pumpkin and carve it which I feel so guilty about even though he doesn't really know what he missed since he's 3 but still...I don't want him to go without a christmas decorated house too!

So I posted on my FB that I took down my halloween decorations and put up our xmas ones because if I didn't do it today, it likely wouldn't have gotten done! Then like 2 minutes later someone made their status: "I don't understand everyone's obsession with Christmas time and setting up for it already dont get me wrong i love it but thanksgiving is a holiday too!!!!!"

OBVIOUSLY that's aimed at me considering I had JUST posted about it so I'm thinking to myself, *** why are you so rude and passive-aggressive which is just childish to me! Ugh. I posted on it saying "I put mine up today since I know I won't be doing it after I give birth and I want my son to have a christmas-y house for the holidays!"

Maybe I'm being hormonal, but that pissed me off and I just had to vent lol Thanks for listening

Last edited by AZsnowflake; November 4th, 2011 at 08:37 PM.
November 1st, 2011, 07:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
First off, you are about to have a baby, and i give you credit for thinking and planning ahead so things are as normal for your son as possible with all the changes coming his way. Secondly, it's no ones business how you chose to decorate YOUR home, and if they do have a problem they can say it directly to you! Cheer up - you are not over reacting at all!

PS: I went ape sh*t on a hotel concierge today. They called me 16 hours before my one night spa day with my mom to say we wouldn't be able to use the pool (this is a place known for there unusual pool and it's the reason we are going) because of a private party they just booked this week and forgot to call us to tell us. I assure you, if anyone is overdosing on hormones, it was me.

November 1st, 2011, 08:43 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
That would have made me mad too.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

November 2nd, 2011, 03:41 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
People are dumb and they say dumb things. I don't know why. Some people just don't have any sense.

I used to put my tree up the day after Halloween and I am not a Christmas fanatic, I just like the lights. I love Thanksgiving as much as the next person, but I don't decorate for it.
November 2nd, 2011, 06:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Do they decorate for Thanksgiving? That is an eating holiday - lol! Good for you for "answering" their question, you have initiative and want to make the holidays enjoyable for your son, you thought ahead, I wouldn't have thought to do that! I hope you enjoy your decorations and that you all have a great holiday!!

November 2nd, 2011, 07:02 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I'd be mad too. Maybe you should have suggested that if they don't like people decorating early maybe they should offer to come over and do it for you later, since you will be unable.

November 2nd, 2011, 07:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies, I felt much better after venting here
November 2nd, 2011, 09:55 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There are about 5 people in my building that have their outdoor Christmas lights up and running at night. The other day I was like "why?, it is so early". Thanks for this post, you made me realize that I was judging them and should just mind my own business...

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

November 2nd, 2011, 11:32 AM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
I am glad you replied.

BTW. Ours are going up on Saturday.

November 2nd, 2011, 12:02 PM
Veteran
I think it's great that you went ahead and put them up! I would love to put mine up now too. I LOVE Christmas time.

November 2nd, 2011, 12:40 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Some people don't think before they speak. I just told DH that I'm going to take down our Halloween decorations and put up the Christmas ones because it makes ME happy. Screw everyone else

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

November 2nd, 2011, 02:42 PM
Veteran
Our Christmas decorations are going up next week. They probably would go up sooner, but our baby shower is going to be at my house on Sunday...want it to look like an explosion of baby goodness instead of Santa. DH wants to decorate early since I am high risk and he knows I want to be involved--I thought that was soo sweet!

As for you planning ahead...kudos!! And for you replying to that "friends" status...wtg!! Way to stand up for yourself!!! My hormones have been raging lately too, but we still have to defend ourselves!!

November 2nd, 2011, 04:20 PM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
I agree with the other ladies. People say things without thinking.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search