Baby Aspirin Question and LEEP Question

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2011, 07:06 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
So I have been taking one low dose baby aspirin a day since I got my BFP. When do I stop taking these? Do I take them until the end, or can I stop taking them now that I saw my h/b on u/s??

Now completely unrelated to the question above. Is anyone familiar with child birth after a LEEP procedure? I had one over 4 years ago when I had high grade cervical cancer cells removed. I do not know how much they removed, but every doctor I have seen have told me that they could not even tell I have had one done. I have no scar tissue that they can see and my cervix is really hard and good looking right now. It is just everything I have read online scares the cr*p out of me. Some say they are fine, and others say they miscarried at 18 or so weeks due ot imcompotent cervix.

Anyone on either? Sorry for 2 questions in one, but I did not want to do 2 seperate posts. Lol.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
November 1st, 2011, 08:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have not had any experience with LEEP, but if incompetent cervix is possible side effect, could you be closely monitored and get a cerclage put in if there is any funneling or signs of anything happening?
November 2nd, 2011, 03:00 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know some ladies take the baby aspirin until 36 weeks (or later sometimes). My OB, peri, and cardiologist all told me to stop taking it at the end of the first trimester, and I told them all no. I was afraid that it was really helping and something would happen if I stopped. They all understand where I'm coming from, and are ok with me staying on it. We'll have to start talking about me coming off at 30 weeks since I could go at anytime after that or before if I start to have PTL issues. I don't have experience with a LEEP but I know some ladies need a cerclage to help afterwards and I know some that needed nothing because their cervix was in good shape.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

November 2nd, 2011, 04:04 AM
Thanks Lori. I keep getting told my cervix looks fine, so I do believe a cerclage most likely will not happen. I would have to beg for it, and they usually do not do it unless there is a previous loss from imcompetant cervix. I will just try and have her monitor my cervix with each visit and if it thins, then beg for it.

November 2nd, 2011, 06:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This may sound odd (or just stupid), but I don't know if I've had a LEEP procedure. I had abnormal cells and they called it a cauterization. I never asked more than that and I didn't look to see what instruments the doctor was using or anything (chicken = me). What was your experience like? Were you awake for the procedure? It was about 10 years ago.
As for the baby aspirin, my doctor told me to stop taking it when I started taking Lovenox, but he really thought about it before he made that decision. He said that the effects would just disappear within the effects of the Lovenox. I think that if I had not requested to be put on the Lovenox he would have had me continue with the aspirin. I was 15 weeks at the time.

November 2nd, 2011, 07:59 AM
Laurie- I was awake. They basically burned off part of my cervix. They just numbed the area and went ahead with the procedure.

November 2nd, 2011, 11:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
OK, that is what I had, too. Nobody said anything to me about the risk of an incompetent uterus or anything. I was not monitored for IU and it was not a factor in any of my losses. All of my children were born after the procedure (by a few years, actually) and never did dilate with DS#1 despite a 24 hour long induction. I think I've seen this mentioned on the High Risk Pregnancy board, so you could try there for information.

November 2nd, 2011, 11:53 AM
Veteran
My doctor told me to stay on the baby aspirin until the end, but then they put me on lovenox shots and told me to quit the baby aspirin. Now I have to have a shot every night until the end.

November 2nd, 2011, 01:35 PM
See the thing is I do now know if I have a clotting disorder. Mine was just to play it safe. Should I still keep on the aspirin?

November 2nd, 2011, 02:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I am only heterozygous Factor V, and nobody thought it was related to my losses (which it wasn't, it turns out), but he was fine with me being on it. None of us are doctors, though, and I wouldn't feel right advising you one way or the other. Can you call your doctor and ask?

November 2nd, 2011, 03:24 PM
I think I will. I forgot to mention it at my last appointment only because I was so freaked out about the u/s. Thanks ladies!

November 2nd, 2011, 04:00 PM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm positive for only one copy of MTHFR, and they (OB and peri) keep telling me that there is no evidence that baby aspirin helps with that. My RE put me on it, because he said it couldn't hurt and it might help. Now that I've been on it since April I can't make myself come off it. I know it's probably not helping, but there is always the chance that it is, and I don't want to discover that the hard way. If I were you I'd still take it. It can't really hurt anything.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

November 2nd, 2011, 04:07 PM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
My high risk Ob has me taking baby aspirin every night. No one has said when I will be taken off of it.

Sorry I don't know anything about the LEEP procedure.
November 2nd, 2011, 04:51 PM
I went ahead and took it. The doctor was not in the office, so I am just going to take it until my next appointment. I'd rather not risk it. I do dislike it though. My hubby got me the chewable cherry ones and they taste like vomit.

November 2nd, 2011, 05:08 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
My doctor wants me on aspirin until I reach 36 weeks. I would just ask your doctor but if you feel safer on it I would just stay on it. Sorry I have no advice about the LEEP procedure but I would ask your doctor to monitor your cervix closely just in case you have an issue then hopefully they can catch it in time

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

November 2nd, 2011, 09:26 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
I was on baby aspirin until the end of 2nd tri. I was on it as a precaution as well because of cramping in early pregnancy. I liked the taste but you can swallow the chewables whole if you dont! lol
As far as leep is concerned I also had it done and had no issues, I was told it wouldnt affect pregnancy, but that may depend on the extent of tissue removed and how well you healed. If your Dr says you are fine, I would try not to worry.

[/url
November 3rd, 2011, 09:58 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have any advice about the LEEP, but as for the baby aspirin, I was on it until 36 weeks. I don't think it will do any harm, but just let your doctor know you are going to continue taking it if that's what you decide.
November 4th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Super Mommy
Lindsey, my Dr said i should stay on the baby asprin the whole time. I did not have any clotting issues, and it was a "it can't hurt, but it might help" kind of thing. If you dislike the chewables, I take Bayer and it's a TINY pill to swallow. smaller then any other pill i've ever taken.
November 4th, 2011, 05:57 PM
KaiyaRae'sMomma's Avatar Forever missing Kaiya Rae
I'm late in seeing this and I didn't read all the responses. Just wanted to say that I had a LEEP in 2006 and the only issue I had related to the procedure was that I had scar tissue on my cervix that prevented it from dialating appropriately. They were able to remove the scar tissue manually once I had an epidural and once it was removed I started dialating much better after being stuck at 3cm for 14 hours I went from 3-10 in 8 hours.

Thank you Alethia for my siggy!

Read my blog: www.grievingmomma.wordpress.com
November 5th, 2011, 01:44 PM
JesSsica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm on a baby aspirin a day because my "Lupus anti-coagulant" was high on my blood test. (clotting problem) I've been on aspirin since before I got pregnant and each month I tell them I'm still taking it and no one has told me otherwise (I rotate through different doctors in the practice each visit). I'm assuming I'll be on it til the end and I'm ok with that. I think I would freak out if they told me to stop. This is the first recent pregnancy that's sticking and I'm on aspirin so I'm assuming the aspirin is the reason.
Cole Anthony 5-23-2002
Mia Annelise 3-29-2012

^angel^ 10wks, 2 days, D&C 12wks, 3 days 11-2-09
^angel^ 5wks, 5 days 1-2-10
^angel^ 11wks, 1 day 5-22-10 with D&C

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search