I want to spill the beans so bad!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2011, 05:17 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
UGH! I want to scream to the world I am pregnant.

My family knows, DH family knows and my work knows... But I mean I want to like Facebook public announce HEY IM PREGNANT! Haha.

A couple of my friends recently have and its killing me that I have to hold it back.

Should I have self control and wait 12 weeks or just spill the beans and hope for the best? Haha

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
November 2nd, 2011, 05:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't keep this pregnancy a secret at all, I announced right away after our BFP. With my missed miscarriage (at 14 weeks) I got to experience the support of my family and friends when I was going through it. I honestly can't imagine having gone through that time without all the support I got, even from people on FB who you don't necessarily talk to or see everyday. I would wake up to text or voicemails, postings on my wall or messages in my inbox and it really helped me. It was after that that I decided I wouldn't keep any subsequent pregnancies a secret til out of the "safe" zone because there just is no such thing.

Everyone's situation is different though, and I know and understand why some people do choose to keep it underwraps for a while. I say just follow your heart
November 2nd, 2011, 05:26 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
I have not said anything to anybody but close family so far, but my hubby was so excited to see the u/s, he told 2 or 3 guys at work (kind of upset me, but too late now).

I also want to tell people, but I am afraid of jinxing it! Then again, I am just plain crazy, so who knows?! I think I might wait until my next appointment, just to be safe. It is at 10/11 weeks, so hopefully everything will be good then.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
November 2nd, 2011, 05:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm with Rachel... my loss was at 11 weeks and I was so glad that I had the support and sympathy that I did. It really helped me to heal... I understand not wanting to tell, and some people deal with things better on their own. But you ARE pregnant and you should be celebrating so I think you should do whatever you and DH are comfortable with and convention or "normal" be ******!

November 3rd, 2011, 06:33 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
I waited until it was confirmed not ectopic and once we had a heartbeat I blabbed.
I have a great support system with my FB friends and felt all the extra prayers might be nice.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
November 3rd, 2011, 07:07 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
We are still in the closet on Facebook. We are waiting for our Nt Scan on Wednesday before we say anything. We have started telling Dh's family and some close friends.
November 3rd, 2011, 07:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
With my first pregnancy (ended in early loss) we told everyone right away. With Lily, we told a few close family/friends but kept it off facebook for about a week. We realized that telling people or not telling people wasn't going to jinx anything. We were right. I announced it on facebook about a week after finding out and gave DH permission to do the same. I'm glad I did.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

November 3rd, 2011, 08:14 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
If you want to share then go for it. I told at 10 weeks. My losses were later so really either way I would have shared the news.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

November 3rd, 2011, 10:13 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am not really big on Facebook, so we never shared there, but we started telling everyone after we saw a heartbeat. I say do what you're comfortable with!
November 3rd, 2011, 01:11 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Go with what you feel is best for you! I told the family right away with most of my pregnancies as I felt I needed the support with my losses.

There is no set rule - spill the beans if you want to!!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search