an update on the update

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I failed my glucose load on Friday, so I am now a gestational diabetic-I'm being referred to the local diabetes clinic. I had an episode at work yesterday where my blood pressure and heart rate went up, I felt crummy-the obgyn on call had me go for a non stress test and bloodwork. The stress test was fine, no contractions, and babes HB 146-160. My bloodwork came back all okay, he was worried about pre-eclampsia. Now he thinks I having heart palpitations. I'm supposed to page one of them if this happens again, and I will now be having monthly ultrasounds until delivery (the only upside to this mess). I just hope I don't have to go on insulin-I'm a nurse but I hate having needles poked into MY body! I'll keep you posted.
Marie
July 6th, 2006, 09:55 AM
soontobemommyto3
I get heart palpatations sometimes. I've told my DR and apparently it is normal, well not normal, but not unexpected as our hearts are working harder. I tend to get them when my blood pressure is low though, not high.

Lots of people have GD and do just fine. I'm sure you can control it with diet. And you might get to meet your baby a little early! They tend to want to induce earlier with GD babies.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search