Placenta Previa

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2011, 01:27 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yesterday my doctor tells me that I have a low lying placenta and he mentioned placenta previa. he said that he hopes that the issue will resolve itself and we should know more by my 20 week ultrasound. But of course I had to google placenta previa and it scared the crap out of me. have any of ladies had any expericene with placenta previa?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
November 8th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have not, but my sister had it. She had complete placenta previa (the worst of them) - there are different levels. Don't let it scare you, luckily with advances in technology and medicine, it is easily managed with lots of monitoring. My sister's did not correct itself, she had the baby at 31.5 weeks, but she is now a very healthy and very happy 3 year old! She barely had any issues from being born so early, the docs kept my sister monitored very closely and gave her the steroid shots to improve lung development and she was only on oxygen for 8 hours after birth! Pretty incredible! Try not to look online, it always sounds worse than it is! GL!!

November 8th, 2011, 01:32 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did your doctor put you on bedrest? I had a low lying placenta with my middle son. I was put on bedrest for about 15 weeks and it resolved itself! He was born at 42 weeks and is a mouthy 19 year old now

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

November 8th, 2011, 01:41 PM
No he didn't put me on bed rest. he was just going to recheck it in a few weeks.

November 8th, 2011, 01:44 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I hope it resolves itself hun. Google can be evil so stay away from it if you can

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

November 8th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't know much about it... but I've heard lots of stories, both on here and other places, about it resolving itself. That seems to be the norm from what I've heard.

In any case, good luck Melissa! At least if they know it's something to watch for you won't be caught unawares...

November 8th, 2011, 02:16 PM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
I hope it resoves itself. I agree about google being evil.
November 8th, 2011, 02:17 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I agree it typically resolves itself, and google is evil when it comes to this stuff.

November 8th, 2011, 03:54 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
I never had it but I know a few ppl that have. All I know is that it can resolve itself. If it were me, I would just try to take it easy until your next appointment.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
November 8th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My SIL has it, and her midwife told her that something like 40% of women have a low lying placenta but it resolves itself in 90% of them.

And google needs to have a "pregnancy safe search" option where the worst case results don't show up.
November 9th, 2011, 03:38 AM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a low lying placenta with my dd and bleeding that scared the CRAP out of me. I put myself on "practical bed rest" and did as little as possible with NO heavy lifting and pelvic rest. The pelvic rest was actually recommended by my midwife. Mine did resolve on it's own.

Best of luck to you... and STEP AWAY FROM GOOGLE!!!

November 9th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Thanks ladies. Google is so evil. My goal for the rest of my pregnancy is to stay far away from google. They act like a placenta previa will cause you and baby to bleed to death.

November 12th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
I had a partial placenta previa. I actually found out because I started bleeding at 18 weeks, which scared the crap out of me because we had just gone through 3 losses. I wasn't put on bedrest but told to not lift anything and of course no DTD. I didn't bleed anymore after that and at my 32 week u/s the placenta had moved out of the way. I believe that most of the time it will resolve itself just because as your uterus grows your placenta tends to move up. It depends on if you have complete or partial previa. Sometimes with a complete previa it just doesn't move out of the way enough and it still covers some of the cervix. Of course there is the danger of bleeding but you basically have to have a c-section because your placenta would be in the way and in that case you could have major blood loss. You would be monitored and not allowed to go into labor on your own.
I wouldn't worry about it right now. Just make sure you take it easy and are on "pelvic rest", no lifting, dtd, heavy work, etc.

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

November 12th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
If he didn't put you on bed rest I wouldn't worry to much. I had some spotting right around 14 weeks I went in to the office and they told me it was a low laying placenta or placenta previa. I came home did the same as you and scared the day lights out of myself. A few weeks later I had a detailed anatomy scan at a high risk facility, it was super hot outside and when we got to the office I drank a ton of water. Before the scan began I told the nurse the drs findings and she checked that first told me same diagnosis but told me not to worry they usually work out themselves and she went on with the rest of the ultrasound. At the very end of the ultrasound she went back and rechecked and it was totally normal, so the 15 min it took her to do the ultrasound (that I did not have to have a full bladder for) the water that was drank in the waiting room made everything appear normal. I am now full term and had no more problems with it. When they recheck make sure your bladder isn't empty if you can.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search