Not feeling it

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm only 5 weeks, so other that getting tired earlier than normal, I'm not having symptoms. We're not telling anyone yet--we hope to not tell for as long as possible. I'm still having people come up and ask me how the last pregnancy is going. (seriously? I should be more than half way, don't you think I'd look pregnant if that one was going well??) If we lose this one, too, I don't want to have to deal with people asking me about the pregnancy several months later. Not to mention the fact that only one person was supportive at all last time.

So I don't have symptoms. I don't get to squeal about the baby with anyone. Not that I'd want to. Because right now I'm kind of just going with the "I'm not pregnant until I see it on ultrasound" attitude. I guess it's a defense mechanism; if I don't let myself get attached, it won't hurt as much?

And it's really depressing to be in this state of mind. Being pregnant, but not sharing, and not really believing that I'll get a baby out of it. I keep thinking about my first appointment in a month. And rather than think about seeing the baby on ultrasound I'm thinking about what questions to ask my doctor when she has to tell me yet again that the baby has died.
November 10th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I felt the same at first. Even now, I worry about stillbirth. I'm a little more detached than last time. But less so than at first.

Hugs! I hope the time flies by and you get your rainbow in the end.
November 10th, 2011, 11:12 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am 4w3d and not feling it either... and also have no one to "share" it with. I am just trying to keep busy. Had my first apt today and second beta. I just want to crawl in bed for the next few weeks.

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

November 10th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am about 5 weeks too and the only symptom I have is feeling really tired. Hopefully symptoms will start picking up for all of us ( silverlife and bobbie)

It feels so weird not to share with anyone but Im not ready yet so I totally understand how you are feeling right now.

Im sorry you are having those bad feelings and I hope once you have the US you will be more at ease. Good luck and I will pray you have a nice sticky bean this time.

16 weeks
4 weeks
8 weeks
November 10th, 2011, 12:39 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I hope that once you have the ultrasound it eases your mind some but I know what you mean about not telling people. We don't plan on telling anyone until around 20 weeks other than immediate family.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

November 10th, 2011, 12:59 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
My main symptom at that time was just tired and cramps. I had TONS of cramps. Now the cramps have gone away and I get the occassional twinge or stretching of a muscle. I am pretty sure being tired is a good sign too.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
November 10th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yup... being tired has been my strongest, most consistent symptom. Everything else seems to come and go. Hang in there! I hope that getting that ultrasound will let you start being excited. But I totally understand the detachment...

November 10th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Veteran
I only had sore bbs until 51/2 weeks, then the queasiness started. Now I'm 61/2 weeks and and very very nauseous. I've has friends who've sailed through pregnancies with very few symptoms. I know it's hard but try not to worry
November 11th, 2011, 04:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Honestly, symptoms won't reassure me that the baby is fine. I've had plenty of puking after the baby died with both my losses. My body just doesn't respond nicely to pregnancy hormones.

But at least I'll feel pregnant. Hopefully. I may just wind up feeling like I have some strange, horrible disease (since I'm not convinced that I'm getting a baby out of this).
November 11th, 2011, 05:42 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope that bean is in there growing strong and that you either get lots of symptoms soon or that you've got one that is taking mercy on you for all you've been through. Even though I'm having twins I've had very few symptoms from the beginning. It was extremely unnerving. I hope this is your sticky bean!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

November 11th, 2011, 10:28 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
It's so hard. I didn't believe I would bring home a baby until I did. I hope you get great news at your appointment and it helps you feel better.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search