Labor coach

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2011, 08:35 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Was your s/o your labor coach and if so was he effective or no? If not, who did you use/plan to use and why?

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

November 12th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had DH and my mom with me during labor...we never really did any planning ahead of time other then the birthing class...DH was helpful but at the same time really didn't know what to do for me and was just quiet alot being near me and letting me squeeze his hand lol

My mom would talk to me more telling me to breathe and let my body relax and that just didn't do anything for me lol Hubby sitting there being quiet support was better for my mindset! And he spoke up at all the right times and made me feel great.
November 12th, 2011, 09:33 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I had DH, my SIL, and my Mom in the labor room with me. My SIL and DH sat on the couch and out of the way. My Mom actually held my leg up along with another doctor. The doctor that held my leg was actually a med student doing rounds and HE was my labor coach. It worked out wonderfully for me. There was no way in the world DH would be able to be my labor coach and I didn't want my Mom telling me what to do.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

November 13th, 2011, 12:50 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I had DH, my mom, and a doula in the room at my most recent birth (just DH and my mom at my first). I find my mom to be HUGE support to me in labor. Both times she was good at anticipating what I needed and if she did something that agitated me, she knew it and backed off immediately. My doula was very good too. Her and my mom worked great together during birth.

Honestly, my DH is NOT good in labor. He sits 10 feet away (until the baby is coming) and acts pissed off the whole time. I don't know why, but he always seems angry (and remains that way for at least a week afterward). It might be stressful or something for him. I don't really have the facilities to ask at the time and then after the fact he maintains he was not acting angry or grouchy. Lol. I have just learned to not count on him for that kind of support. Which is why I chose both my mom and a doula this past time. And will in the future.
November 13th, 2011, 01:42 PM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had DH and my mom in the room with me when I had DS (DD was an emergency c-section). Neither one of them was helpful. DH sat and did crossword puzzles and my mom was just negative Nelly the whole time. I did the laboring on my own and dealt with the threats that they were going to make me a c-section because my blood pressure was too high on my own. My nurse was awesome during the end of labor and the pushing part! She's the reason why I only pushed for 6 minutes. When she came in and realized I was 10cm and couldn't feel anything because of the epidural she said there was no point in pushing him down and wasting all that energy. She said he would come down on his own, and he sure did! It was amazing! I scream at the tv or the computer when I hear that people are made to push at 10cm if they can't feel anything and then they wind up pushing for 2 hours. It doesn't have to be that way. When you can feel it I'd imagine it's different, because you have the urge to push.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

November 14th, 2011, 06:28 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
With DD all that was in the room was D&H and of course the nurse and then DR at the end to catch.
I was induced and had a epidural so at that point I did not need a couch because all you can do is have some one hold your leg and pretend you know how to push but have no clue cause you cant feel a thing..lol
DH was not happy about having to hold my leg.

This time I am NOT being induced or have a epidural because it caused more problems than helped.... unless of course its medically nessisary. But it was no for DD it was just because and I think being induced caused more stress on her birth and caused her to come out wrong because of her not decending on her own time.

I am in the process of trying to find a doula since I want natural this time.... thinking of seeing if I can do home birth but not sure with blood thinners if they will take me on.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
November 14th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
DH and I were the only ones in there, besides the doc, the nurse and the entire NICU team (there was meconium in DD's bag of waters, so they all had to be in there) - talk about losing all modesty

Anyways, DH was great, poor guy got a little too close at one point during a contraction before I had the epi and I bit his shoulder...haha! But, he was really great, of course there were times when he was saying "push, push, push" and I have to give him the "*** do you think I am doing" look - lol! But, he was great, he held my hand, my leg, he even watched the whole thing, even though he said he didn't want to and he was so disappointed when they wouldn't let him cut the cord because of the NICU team, I really hope he gets to do it this time! He will be the only one in there with me anytime I am in labor! My mom doesn't want to be in there, she has no desire to see that happening to her daughter - lol! She stood outside of the room when my sister was in labor and just waited to hear the baby cry...she is too funny

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search