Flu Shot

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 13th, 2011, 12:35 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Did you get a flu shot while pregnant?
Why or why not?

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

November 13th, 2011, 12:47 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I got one when baby was 4 weeks old. They weren't out when I was pregnant. I have gotten them in the past. Being military I am required to have it. No choice.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

November 13th, 2011, 12:53 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I ended up deciding against it. I don't know why really - I have never had a flu shot before and my gut just told me not to get it.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

November 13th, 2011, 12:55 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I got mine in September. I always get a flu shot and with Marsi being born in the season she is, I wanted her to have something too since babies can't get anything until 6 months old. DH on the other hand never gets the flu shot and didn't. We are a divided household.

Thank you PrincessMom08 for my beautiful siggy!

November 13th, 2011, 12:57 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I wanted one before I delivered him. Then with the chaos of the appt where he flipped breech and needing to talk about alternative plans, we forgot the flu shot part (my midwife practice offers them to all pregnant women starting in September each year). So, we planned to give me the shot at my next appt, which I never made it to.

I wanted it to offer the baby some degree of protection besides my nursing. Since babies under 6 months can't have it, I wanted to get it "for" him. With Liam and Julia around (and Julia in school), I knew the germs would be present. I got mine since then, so hopefully he will get enough protection in my milk to be safe this year.

Super big thanks to Jaidynsmum for my cool siggy!
November 13th, 2011, 01:05 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
My doctor wants me to get one, but I was sick my last visit. So no flu shot for me yet.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
November 13th, 2011, 01:17 PM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got one, because the twins will be born smack in the middle of flu season, and they will more than likely be premature. They won't be able to get the shots until well after flu season is over, and I wanted them to have some sort of antibodies. DS and DD got their's on Thursday and DH is next. DS, DD, and I all got the preservative free version, which makes me feel a lot better about it. DH will be getting the same type, because that's the type our dr's office has. DH and I will also be vaccinated for pertussis as well - him shortly after he gets the flu shot and me after birth.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

November 13th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I got one to help protect her since she can't get the shot til she's 6 months old. And also because the risks to her of my getting it while I'm still pregnant scares me.
November 13th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Veteran
I did not get one, yet, if my doctor offers it to me i will...this is the first year in a long time i didn't get it through work.
November 13th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Sillylittlefishey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I knew I was going to get one this year and make my whole family get one since the baby couldn't have it and I didn't want anybody bringing it home to her. I just wasn't sure if I should get mine before she was born or wait until after since she's due in 2 weeks. I asked my doctor and she recommended getting it now and said that I am 6 times more likely to get it than an average person even her because I'm pregnant and that I would be more likely to get other side effects such as pneumonia with it as well. So I didn't want to take any chances and got it. The only one left in the family to get it is my husband who is such a baby when it comes to needles...

November 13th, 2011, 02:44 PM
JesSsica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got one at my Ob/gyn's. I didn't get a flu shot when I was pregnant for my son and I have never had a winter of being sicker in all of my life. Coincidence? Maybe. I figure, why risk it. There's nothing worse than being really sick when you're pregnant...
Cole Anthony 5-23-2002
Mia Annelise 3-29-2012

^angel^ 10wks, 2 days, D&C 12wks, 3 days 11-2-09
^angel^ 5wks, 5 days 1-2-10
^angel^ 11wks, 1 day 5-22-10 with D&C
November 13th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I got one ONCE and got very sick a couple days later. It was probably a coincidence but since I normally don't get sick and I did that time, I'm just not going to do it again.

November 13th, 2011, 06:03 PM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
I got it. First of all- because I work at a doctor's office and if I didn't get it I won't get my holiday bonus,second of all- I have gotten it the past few years anyway and know that it is recommended while pregnant.

1/25/12

November 14th, 2011, 03:50 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Did you get a flu shot while pregnant? Yes
Why or why not? I always get them. I don't believe the negative hype about the vaccines and my work has a flu clinic that makes it incredibly convenient.
November 14th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I got it, I didn't know I was pg when I got it in October, but that wouldn't have changed things, I would have gotten it anyways. I got it when I was pg with DD too - doc recommended it, I tend to go with what the doc recommends, that is why I pay her I, too, do not believe the hype against vaccines, we all get vaccinated with whatever is recommended! Not to mention, it was free through work, so why not! DH has not gotten his yet, but DD had hers right after I had gotten mine.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search