How long do you swaddle for?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2011, 03:31 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Scarlett loves to be swaddled. During the day I don't swaddle her much so she learns it is daytime and at night she is all snug and knows it is sleepy time.

At what age did you stop swaddling? Or how long do you plan on swaddling for?

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

November 28th, 2011, 04:49 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
I swaddled for as long as my kids loved it. I think once they start being awake more and actually playing, then maybe stopping?? I'm sorry that I cannot give a better answer.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
November 28th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It really depends on the baby. Max was working his way out of the swaddle after a couple of weeks and would end up waking up chilly with the swaddle next to him. But other babies LOVE it so as long as she is sleeping and happy, keep doing it. We switched to sleep sacks for him, so he was still cuddled at night but couldn't get out of them - they were a life saver.

November 28th, 2011, 06:03 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
I dont think there is a real answer to that. I think its just went she doesnt like it anymore.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
November 28th, 2011, 07:02 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaBee View Post
It really depends on the baby. Max was working his way out of the swaddle after a couple of weeks and would end up waking up chilly with the swaddle next to him. But other babies LOVE it so as long as she is sleeping and happy, keep doing it. We switched to sleep sacks for him, so he was still cuddled at night but couldn't get out of them - they were a life saver.
That brings up another topic. Where do you buy sleep sacks? Lori (momof5lopez) got me one and she loves it! I tried Target the other day but they only had the one kind like she got me. I would love to buy some more.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

November 29th, 2011, 04:36 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
They have a bunch at Kohl's and if you have an outlet mall nearby, sometimes there's a Carter's outlet. Babies R Us is a possibility, but I think they are overpriced.
November 29th, 2011, 06:22 AM
mom2moose
We have them at Meijers, but not sure if you have them there. My pedi suggested to stop swaddling at 4 or 5 months so they don't develop hip problems. Usually, they are sick of it by then anyways.
November 29th, 2011, 06:37 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
CJ was only partially swaddled by the time he was 8 weeks, he always got his arms out. I used the sleep sack up until he was about 10 months.

November 29th, 2011, 07:09 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I swaddled Christian for a while but I don't remember how long. When he got bigger, it was a loose swaddle and it was only during nap time. Maybe 4-5 months???

=May '05 and '11

November 29th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My son LOVED to be swaddled, he was swaddled til 8 months! We used the swaddle sacks, got them at babies r us. When he was about 6 months we started to "wean" him from them by wrapping him with one arm out...then both arms out til he learned to sleep without it. Bella likes to be swaddled at night but she does good during the day without it. My son like HAD to be swaddled anytime he wanted to sleep LOL Just keep her swaddled for as long as it works
November 29th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree, as long as she likes it, I can't remember how long we swaddled Reagan for...I was never good at it, so DH always did the swaddling...lol! We just did it until she didn't seem to care for it anymore.

December 1st, 2011, 06:33 PM
MamaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm still swaddling Adam for part of the night, he loves it! I will until he outgrows the swaddle sleepsack, probably in the next month or so.

December 2nd, 2011, 05:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by missy123 View Post
That brings up another topic. Where do you buy sleep sacks? Lori (momof5lopez) got me one and she loves it! I tried Target the other day but they only had the one kind like she got me. I would love to buy some more.
Sorry, Missy - I vanished for a few days. We got them at Target and Babies R Us - we used primarily Halo Sleep Sack.

December 2nd, 2011, 10:55 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Only for a week or two with our son...we would have done it longer but he always kicked out of his and we only had ONE...so he was always peeing in it lol We were so broke back then though and never had the money to go buy another one. I plan on buying several for this baby. I didn't know about the sleep sacks until Ethan was around 6 months or so...I might try those too.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search