mixed emotions right now....

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2011, 07:41 AM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just got back from seeing the midwife to get the results of my bloodwork and progesterone... My beta levels are 76 and she said that it was too low. That we can not justify a pregnancy. She said that I needed to get some more bloodwork on Friday and then the following tuesday to make sure if the numbers are doubling... I was hoping that this would have been a good meeting but she said that it does not look good..... Does anyone remember their levels right around 4weeks?
I don't know if I should be happy, sad or who knows what right now.....
November 30th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I absolutely think that at 4 weeks, those numbers are good! I didn't have mine done that early, but I know I have seen others post on here that theirs were in the 40's. Can't wait to hear about the levels from Friday - praying that they double well!!

Here is a good reference:

Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG)—The Pregnancy Hormone : American Pregnancy Association

November 30th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Don't lose hope!! I'm praying for you!!

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

November 30th, 2011, 08:15 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
For 4 weeks that number sounds fine. I think so many Dr's/Midwives get 6 plus weeks numbers stuck in their heads. 4 weeks the number can range from 5-426(ish) on most charts.

November 30th, 2011, 08:20 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Mine at 4 weeks 1 day was 40. So don't fret the numbers! I hate it when they say things like that without a 2nd blood test! I refused my second blood test because I was told the same thing!

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
November 30th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Don't lose hope yet, 76 is a great number for four weeks.

This is one of my favorite hcg calculators:
HCG Calculator and hCG Level Tool | BabyMed.com

It's pretty reassuring to see that there's a wide range of normal. That site doesn't have 76 outside of the "normal" range until around 5 weeks.
November 30th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Mine was 35 at 3w4d and 70 something a couple of days later. People put too much stock in the numbers sometimes.
November 30th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeauxe View Post
Mine was 35 at 3w4d and 70 something a couple of days later. People put too much stock in the numbers sometimes.
I agree... I'd like to think that the positive was a positive on a HCG stick but that darn midwife made me think differently... because ".... the numbers were too low...."
Why I outta........
November 30th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
I was told that my numbers were great and they're pretty close to yours. Also, I am now 19w5d, so, clearly, they were good enough. Just forget what the other person said.
November 30th, 2011, 10:18 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think your numbers sound fine. Irritates me about your midwife. They should be encouraging. I think what matter is that your numbers are doubling every few days.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
November 30th, 2011, 10:34 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
I think your numbers sound fine. I really wish doctors/midwifes would stop putting so much stock in the first set of numbers.
November 30th, 2011, 10:44 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your second set of numbers will tell you more than 1 set alone. It's more important that they double. I will be praying for you and bean!!! I'm sorry that she scared you....your already worried as it is .

=May '05 and '11

November 30th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I can't understand why a midwife would say that, my doc always says the numbers don't mean anything if you just get one reading. The only time they look at just one number is before an u/s to see if they are high enough to see anything...otherwise, they don't look at that as "viable" - I hope your worry goes away when you see that they are doubling on Friday!!

Please KUP!

November 30th, 2011, 02:48 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
I hate it when they tell people that with out the results from the 2nd or 3rd beta.
Its not what your number is, it is what it does.
I started out at 12 and was told the same thing as you.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
November 30th, 2011, 04:29 PM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think your numbers are fantastic for 4 weeks! I hate when doctors crush hopes like that based on a first number. Ugh!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

December 2nd, 2011, 10:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Just checking up on you, any news? Do you get your results right away or do you have to wait? My fingers are crossed for you!!

December 2nd, 2011, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by humnck View Post
Just checking up on you, any news? Do you get your results right away or do you have to wait? My fingers are crossed for you!!
I just got back from the lab... Man I hate needles.... They send the results to my doctors office.... The midwife from the last visit gave me a script for today and Tuesday for a blood draw before I go in to make the appointment to see my Doctor. I did make the Dr appointment for Thursday at 3pm east time... the day of my office Christmas luncheon.... Hmmmmm.... Christmas luncheon or find out my results... That's easy.. results please!!!!!!
Thanks for checking up.. that's so sweet!
December 2nd, 2011, 11:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
HAHA, yeah, who needs the food and coworkers! Well, I will be waiting to hear about your results, needles are the worst, but all worth it right

December 2nd, 2011, 09:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't get betas done with Lucy's pregnancy because I was too stressed about it during the previous two (miscarriage) pregnancies, but I agree that the midwife is probably not used to seeing beta results from such an early pregnancy. It's how they increase over time that really counts.

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
December 3rd, 2011, 06:01 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
oh wow, I would like to slap that midwife for you. how can someone say that 76 at 4 weeks is not viable. That looks pretty normal to me. My #s usually started out with being around 40ish. It also depends on when the egg implanted itself, the quicker it did the quicker the numbers will go up. But if you only implanted at 10dpo then of course your number is going to be lower at 4 weeks. I hope you get a nice doubling number from your next bt.

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search