question I have been waiting to ask

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2005, 12:02 PM
Tami77's Avatar Super Mommy
After a month of being here at Jm I finally started roaming. and look what I found.
my question is I has a m/c 4 yrs ago at 12 weeks. I dont remember much. was a shock I was visiting family and ended up in a strange hospital. I dont know kinda fuzzy. when you read things or hear things they always quote" if this is your second preganancy" are they refering to full term pregnancy. or because I barely carried to my 2nd trimester dose that one not count?

April 11th, 2005, 06:00 PM
hmcart's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to hmcart
I think they all count. This is my 4th but my will be my 3rd child. You have to read the post to see what it is about. Some are referring to kids and some to experiences during pg. Hope that helps.
April 12th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Bug-n-Ed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If it's a doctor's office asking, I will tell them this is my third pregnancy, even though I only have one living child. My second pregnancy ended in m/c at 9 weeks. When I went in for my first appointment, the nurse asked me how many pregnancies I've had and I told her this was my third, then she asked if I've had any m/c's and I told her one and then she clarified that the m/c was counted in it being my third and I told her yes.

If regular people ask, I usually just tell them that it's my second as I don't want to get into the fact that I m/c'd, especially if I don't know them too well.

April 13th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Radish4ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I count my miscarried baby as a pregnancy
April 19th, 2005, 07:25 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmbc82
I think that a pregnancy is what it is and it doesn't matter whether you had the baby or not you were pregnant.

<a href=http://www.babysites.com/sites/rmbc82/>
</a>
April 19th, 2005, 06:46 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I always count all my pregnancies. This is my seventh pregnancy. I have had three miscarriages.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
April 20th, 2005, 04:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
I count all my pregnancies too. This is my third pregnancy, and if asked at the drs then I always explain. But like Tami if a stranger asks I say its my second. I don't want to get into. If your looking at sites and they say things like you may feel movement sooner or may be in maternity clothes sooner if this is your second, I'd think your experience may be more like a 1st. You feel movement sooner only cause you've felt it before and know what its like, and your uterus probably wasn't all that big when you miscarried so it probably didn't get stretched out that much, though that one is hard to tell. But most of your experiences, especially those after the 12 week mark might be closer to a first pregnancy.
April 27th, 2005, 10:34 AM
Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to mommytojace
usually they will ask what # pregnancy this is and then they ask how many children you have had.....that way its not awkward.....but it still is anyway!
May 20th, 2005, 07:12 PM
Super Mommy
they all count.

i have been pregnant three times - i miscarried twice and now have a little boy. when i was at the hospital to have james a nurse asked me if this was my first. i said yes, then she saw on my chart that i had had two miscarriages and she said "no, this is your third."
May 21st, 2005, 06:58 AM
Super Mommy
beans - your baby has the most gorgeous head of hair!!!

I always say that this is my 6th pregnancy but i have 2 children.

I think even if you were only pregnant a short time it is still important as your body went through changes because of the little life that was inside you.

DH - Stephen (34)
DS - Matthew (8)
DD - Holly (6)
DS - Daniel (2)
Angels - Nov 00, Mar 04, Jan 05
May 22nd, 2005, 12:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I consider this my second pregnancy but it will be my first child.

Formerly known as "mommynina"

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search