I don't understand? And question!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2011, 07:56 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
So I went to my OB today he got baby heartbeat on Doppler in 2 seconds and I could hear it loud and clear. 187.

I come home try my Doppler I can't find it but the numbers did go up to 175-200 a few times. That was baby right? I just don't get why I cant get a clear sound! Maybe he has an awesome Doppler? Hah idk.

And and question is Gatorade bad for you during pregnancy I drink it often in place of my caffeine but is it just as bad? Thank you ladies

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
December 1st, 2011, 08:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
He probably has a higher tech doppler, that may have been the baby hb, I have the same thing happen sometimes too, I just have to turn mine up or down a little to sort of hear it. If the heart is beating on the machine, the numbers are up, then it likely is the baby.

When I was sick with my last pg, the doc actually told me to drink Gatorade to keep hydrated, but it has a lot of sugar, so I wouldn't drink too much of it. Keep it in moderation.

December 2nd, 2011, 04:19 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Gatorade is good for you in moderation. I agree about the sugars in it. When I was going through my RE, they recommended I drink it every day to help prevent OHSS. I still got it though.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
December 2nd, 2011, 04:50 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I think Gatorade is good for you in moderation. And as for your doppler I'm not sure about that.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

December 2nd, 2011, 05:41 AM
mom2moose
The doctor has a MUCH better Doppler than you. As for Gatorade, I know nothing about it.
December 2nd, 2011, 06:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I know nothing about dopplers.

But gatorade has a bunch of sodium in it (since it's supposed to replace electrolytes after exercise). I wouldn't drink much of it unless you are throwing up or sweating a lot.
December 2nd, 2011, 06:43 AM
Super Mommy
I don't know much about the dopplers, but i've seen my dr/nurse have a hard time finding the babies too. If they are turned a certain way it will be harder to hear, and if they are sleeping it will be a lot slower and sometimes harder to find. Plus you're still pretty early, most ppl i've talked to say thier dr's won't really even try if you're under 10 weeks - which i know you're just over that, but i'm sure it's still pretty hard to find.

As for the gatorade, I would suggest cutting back on it. like others said its really only helpful to you if you are working out or dehydrated. If you really need something to drink think plain/flavored water, 100% fruit juice (in moderation since it still has lots of calories), milk (plain or flavored with choc, strawberry) a fruit & yogert smoothie or decaf coffee.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search