Just an update...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2011, 07:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies,
Just poppin' in to update you all.

First, my goal to only be on the computer less than an hour is going great...there are days I don't get on at all. For that, my house is all ready for baby and for Christmas...I have so many things organzied I never have before. I have about a week's worth of meals frozen for when baby arrives, etc....and the boys and I have done so many fun arts and crafts projects. You guys have no idea (because I had no idea) how much time I'd been wasting online (between here, pinterest and facebook).

Anyway, I was placed on bedrest on the 22nd of November...modified bedrest. I had several bouts of contractions that were pretty bad. He didn't check me (well, I refused the check) but he felt the baby was already engaged (though he wasn't sure without a check) and on the moniter my contractions had been registering as strong enough to be "real" but they were not regular enough to be considered pre-term labor. And I apologize if I told you all that already...couldn't find my last post.

Anyway, my restrictions get lifted on Sunday when I turn 37 weeks...and in the last 2 days I haven't even noticed any BH contractions, so I guess she's going to stick in for the long haul now.

I had to go in on Wed for a non-stress test and she passed just fine (she had suddenly gotten extremely quiet and she failed the water/kick count test they had me do via phone). That was scary, but all is well and she is slightly more active now...I think she's just gotten too big for her quarters. lol

And that's what is new with me. I'm totally over-the-moon that it's December and I get to finally meet her and hold her this month!!!! I cannot believe it! After our loss, then all the struggles to conceive again...it's so hard to believe I'm so close to holding this baby in my arms.

I have to admit, I'm a bit freaked out about delivery...not doing it...just that something could go wrong, but when those thoughts creep up I do my best to push them away and just say a prayer she arrives safely and healthy.

Thinking of all of you.
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

December 2nd, 2011, 08:11 AM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
Sorry about the bedrest, but you are almost done! Glad things are going well for you and your family!

1/25/12

December 2nd, 2011, 08:25 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you're almost full term and can't wait for an update when you have your little one
December 2nd, 2011, 08:32 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Glad you are getting off bedrest! How did you get all that stuff done on bedrest anyway??

December 2nd, 2011, 10:15 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Glad your getting off bedrest and that's wonderful that you get to meet her this month How exciting!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

December 2nd, 2011, 11:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
YAY!!! It's our month! So excited!!

I was planning to freeze meals, too, but with bed rest and still trying to get stuff ready I haven't. I'm so glad you're ready!! Now you can just relax and wait. I hope the wait isn't too long . It sounds like she might come early?

I'm just hanging out waiting for either a failed NST to send me for induction or to pass everything to hold out for the doc to say she's ready to induce.
December 2nd, 2011, 11:27 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Yay for full term!! Boo for bed rest.

I so have been wanting to cook and freeze meals for days I do not want to cook, but I have not had any energy to do it. So that is awesome that you were able to do that! I shouldn't have any excuse!

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
December 2nd, 2011, 10:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear from you, and how exciting that she's almost here! You're due on the same day as one of my best friends. Good for you for staying off the computer. I've been bad about getting on late at night the past few days.

Lucia Jane, born 10.9.11

Forever missing our angel babies
December 4th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you all for the well wishes. I'm so excited I turned 37 weeks today...adn I'm not off all restrictions.

Oh, and I guess it was all the prepping I did that landing me on bedrest. I'm glad to have everything done, but now I realize I'm going to be twiddling my thumbs for a bit. LOL
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search