Ordered my doppler today!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm hoping it will get here before we leave for Christmas travels. I'm not sure as that's only about a week.

I knew I was going to need it when I made my appointment for a month out and started feeling panicky about waiting so long to confirm that the baby is still alive. I know it's been said before, but I'm saying it again, PAL is hard!
December 14th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
YAY for dopplers I LOVE mine! It really does reassure you and when I told my doc how much I paid for it and that I have been able to get the hb for a couple of weeks, she said, wow, where did you get it, we may have to start ordering from there - she said the ones they have are a couple hundred dollars...lol! I also told her that renting one was out of the question, why pay $45+ for a month, when you can buy one permanently for $50!

I hope you get it soon! Did it say what shipping timing was?

December 14th, 2011, 02:28 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
Awesome! I love mine! (well now!) Don't worry if you can't find the HB I just barely got a good HB and my baby is measuring 13 weeks and I've been trying since 9 weeks. Good luck!!

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
December 14th, 2011, 02:32 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Good for you!! I love my doppler. Since I don't feel baby girl regularly yet, if I didn't have mine I'd be driving my doctor nuts. It's reassuring that I can just listen to her, even if I can only get her to hold still for 5 seconds.

December 14th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I got it off of ebay and the ebay estimate was Dec 19th but the seller said in their listing that they didn't think ebay's shipping estimates are accurate. I think it's being sent via USPS, which does tend to be slower. (And bogged down this time of year!)
December 14th, 2011, 03:38 PM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay! I love my doppler! I hope it gives you peace of mind.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

December 17th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I got it today! Ebay said it would come Monday, so it's early.

I tried twice so far and can't find the heartbeat. I can hear what sounds to be mine (as it sounds slow), but is showing about 115 on the screen. My baby was 178 on Monday at the ultrasound, so I don't think that's the baby. I'm 10w2d and with my son the midwife couldn't find the heartbeat at this point, so I'm not worried yet.

Hopefully I find it in the next few days.
December 17th, 2011, 04:06 PM
I'm so glad you got it! I hope you get to hear the h/b soon!

December 17th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Mamacc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thats great that you got it so quickly!! Ebay can be iffy.... Did you try finding the h/b after you eat? I noticed that I found it easier with my last pg when I tried it after eating lunch. For some reason I wasn't able to find it as easy in the morning or evenings. I haven't gotten one yet this pg, not sure if I will. Maybe because I've been spending so much on christmas.

December 18th, 2011, 06:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think I was looking too low. I laid my hand on my stomach while in bed this morning and was able to easily feel my uterus and it was higher than where I was looking for the heartbeat. So hopefully I'll be able to find it today!
December 18th, 2011, 07:09 AM
Having a full bladder when you do it might help too. That's the only way I could find their heartbeats in the beginning.

December 18th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was able to find it today!!

I couldn't get a good reading on how fast it was because I could hear both my own pulse and the baby's heart rate at the same time. But I could hear the little heart woosh-a-wooshing away.

I had a little smile on my face for several minutes later. And when I realized it and thanked my husband for deciding it was okay to get it in December (rather than wait until January when it would better fit the budget) I started crying. I had no clue how wonderful it would be to be able to hear by baby's heartbeat and know that he's still alive in there.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search