I signed the papers... getting my tubes tied

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 20th, 2011, 12:47 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I signed the papers yesterday and getting my tubes tied at the end of January. There is a mandatory 30 day waiting period here in PA. It made my heart sad but it is the right thing to do. If I was just a few years younger I would push the topic harder with Red. But he doesn't want to risk the miscarriages and hard pregnancy/labor again.

In my heart I want to try again, my head tells me to be grateful for Scarlett and my miracle.

Just thought I would babble and share.

Oh, and you can't get rid of me... I am sticking around. I think this board is way to special to just leave.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

December 20th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry that that decision made you sad. I can see Red's point, also glad they have a 30 day waiting period...I didn't realize you lived in SoPA...I live in DE

I hope you are at peace with your decision! And glad we can't get rid of you!! We would be very sad if you left us!!

December 20th, 2011, 02:27 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I'm sorry you are sad about it. I pray that when I sign those papers, I'll have no desire to have any more. It's good that your DH is worried about you and cares about what could happen. You can't leave. Not until Scarlett is all grown up and you have a long time until that happens.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
December 20th, 2011, 02:30 PM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry it makes you sad, and I can understand where both of you are coming from. I'm glad you'll still be here with us. We love you!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

December 20th, 2011, 02:36 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Im sorry.

I will be only 30 when this baby is born and we have decided this is the last one. DH is getting the big V though. We have many reasons, Money to raise another child, I dont want to go through the miscarriage and loss stress.

I thought about just having him do it now because no matter what I think I am done even if something happens to this baby. But we are waiting until after because I just dont know how I will feel if I did loss this baby.

I am so happy you and Red were able to have a beatiful baby together

http://lindseysphotography.com/
December 20th, 2011, 03:36 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Missy, I think most women feel this sadness when they are done. I don't think you can make final decisions on child bearing and not feel some sort of sadness.......no matter how done one feels. I know several women to get their tubes tied, and ALL of them felt sadness for the first few months after, including my sister's ONE TUBE that was tied, lol....

It gets better, and you and Red are trully blessed. Scarlett is the most beautiful little baby any one could have. I think her Santa pic looks like she's getting red hair???????

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

December 20th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Missy, I made the same decision today (well told my doctor about it today) and while I know I am absolutely, 100% done, it still made me sad as well. Here in NJ we don't have a waiting period though - she said i just have to sign the consent when i get to the hospital.

I'd actually been prepared to let Adam do it instead, but since i'm have a c-section it made a lot more sense for me to do it while I was already open.

December 20th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It couldn't be a easy decision to make, but I can see DH point, he doesn't want you to go through what you have gone through.

December 20th, 2011, 05:11 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I see your side and Red's and it can't be easy either way. Your a wonderful person and mother Missy. I pray that your at peace with your decision.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

December 20th, 2011, 06:29 PM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
Knowing I am done after this makes me sad too. It is too risky for me to be pregnant due to my genetic condition, but I opted not to tie my tubes. I can understand feeling sad but, everyone is right...you are so blessed to have miss Scarlett and she will fill your life with so much joy

1/25/12

December 20th, 2011, 07:17 PM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
I am sorry you feel sad. Like the other ladies I can see your side and I can see Red's side. Red reminds me so much of Bill. Red loves you so much and he dosen't want to risk anything to your health. I am so happy you aren't leaving. We would miss you so much if you left. I am so happy you and Red was blessed with Scarlett.
December 21st, 2011, 09:10 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I'm sorry it's making you sad!
I'll be in the same boat after Elizabeth gets here. I'll either get a ligation or DH will get snipped. It makes me sad even now thinking about it.

December 22nd, 2011, 07:38 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy

We are also done after this baby. J will be getting a vasectomy.

You couldn't leave if you wanted because I would come fiiiind you! (Have you seen that movie?)

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
December 23rd, 2011, 10:52 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Missy, I'm sorry you're feeling sad about the decision. It must have been a hard one And I'm so glad you're not going anywhere!
December 23rd, 2011, 02:49 PM
Sillylittlefishey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
(((HUGS))) I know how you feel...we're happy with 3, which was the # we always said we wanted. DH offered to get the big V, but I just can't pull the trigger on it...it makes me sad thinking that our little girl is our last baby and I worry that I'll change my mind later and want another baby. Good luck with the procedure...I hope the surgery and recovery go smoothly for you!!

December 27th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
HUGS! I know the sadness you feel. I think about it too and some days I'm done having kids and other days I just can't let go of my 'reproductive' years. I can't imagine not having any more kids. I've actually thought about having my tubes tied after Miranda, but I have done some research and it's not for me.
I think it will take some time to adjust, but it sounds like you've thought it through and are okay with your decision. I hope your surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery.

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 27th, 2011, 07:53 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My papers are signed too. Well for the second time. They were signed for Daniels delivery too but they "lost" them. :/ I agree it's sad to know for sure you are 100% done. But ttc after losses is hard

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

December 27th, 2011, 09:59 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you girls. It is scheduled for the 22nd of January.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

December 28th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I got mine done after the twins . 6 kids are plenty,but I was still sad .. Even though i do nit want anymore kids it breaks my heart that I will never have anymore babies. So I think no matter where you are in life , when this time comes you will be sad ,, Thinking of you !!
December 31st, 2011, 01:55 PM
Mamacc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope everything goes smoothly for you! I can understand why you'd be sad even when you know it's the best decision... This will be my last baby too although we haven't figured out which permanent method to choose yet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search