Good maternity pants?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2011, 08:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My pre-pregnancy weight for my son's pregnancy, my daughter's pregnancy, and this pregnancy were all the same. With my son I then lost 20lbs. With my daughter I lost 11lbs. With this one, I'm holding steady.

Because I typically lose weight at first, my maternity pants are of two fits: for the end when my butt and belly are large and for the beginning when the waist of normal jeans pressing on my stomach makes me queasy and I weigh less than I currently do. My pants are all sized by the S-M-L-XL system and there isn't a size between the two sizes I have.

So right now I'm stuck. My big maternity pants fall down and my small maternity pants don't fit (well I can pull them up, but they don't flatter at all as they are too tight). I can still wear my pre-pregnancy jeans, but I have to leave the top button undone.

It's been three years since I've shopped for maternity pants. Where can I find some good ones? I need to be able to try them on, so ordering online doesn't work. I'd prefer to have them sized by number rather than S-M-L-XL, jeans rather than khakis, and $35 or less. I'd love to find a pair that doesn't look like maternity pants since we're hoping to hide this pregnancy for at least another 2-4 weeks. Right now I'm debating just finding a pair of non-maternity low rise pants that fits for now.

ETA: Yikes! I wrote a book about pants. Sorry about the long post...
December 21st, 2011, 08:09 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Im hoping to be able to wear my daughters..... but so far im still in my regular clothing.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
December 21st, 2011, 08:12 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
The only new pants I have bought this time have been a pair of kahkis from the gap- which were smaller than my other pants, but now they are way to tight. And a pair of under the belly jeans from Motherhood- which are super cute, don't look like maternity but are now uncomfortable because they don't have any belly support.
I haven't seen any that go by regular sizes, everything is s-m.l. Except for Pea in a Pod online but those tend to be big $$.

December 21st, 2011, 08:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Have you tried a Belly Band? You can use those with your regular pants or your larger maternity pants, they will hold both up. That is what I did - there are some cute ones out there and they are inexpensive...

December 21st, 2011, 08:32 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a few pairs from Target that I like. They are numbered sizes. My fave pair is a pair with an adjustable waistband.

=May '05 and '11

December 21st, 2011, 09:40 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got mine at Old Navy, old them! I also used a Belly Band until I had to use maternity pants. It did take a couple of tried for the old navy pants, but it was worth it.

December 21st, 2011, 11:53 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Ditto the belly band my sister & best friend used that and wore regular jeans throughout their pregnancy!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

December 22nd, 2011, 06:06 AM
Mamacc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pea in the pod are the best ones I've found. My old navy ones fall down really bad. I did pay quite a bit for the pea pod ones, but I've also gotten them at 40% off markdowns and scored a pair of Mavi jeans for $40. I'm loving the mavis!! Fit so nicely and super comfy. Also loving the Express fold over yoga pants.

December 22nd, 2011, 06:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
There is a Pea in the Pod at our local Bloomingdale's, so I'll have to check there, Motherhood, Target, and Old Navy. I guess I know how I'm spending Christmas money!
December 22nd, 2011, 08:33 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm planning on just wearing comfy waistband/low rise pants. When I get bigger, I'll see how I feel.

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
December 22nd, 2011, 11:51 AM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamacc View Post
Pea in the pod are the best ones I've found. My old navy ones fall down really bad. I did pay quite a bit for the pea pod ones, but I've also gotten them at 40% off markdowns and scored a pair of Mavi jeans for $40. I'm loving the mavis!! Fit so nicely and super comfy. Also loving the Express fold over yoga pants.
Funny you mentioned the Express yoga pants! I was thinking of all the pants that I had that would work for a long time and those Yoga pants are comfy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search