Paranoid (updated in post 11)

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 26th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Last week I was able to find the heartbeat on my doppler. This weekend we were traveling and I didn't bring it with me. One night I woke up and laid in bed for an hour or so being paranoid that the baby had died. So I checked first thing when getting home today. And I couldn't find it.

I know I'm still early, blah, blah, blah. But last week I could hear the placenta, too (it sounds like wind blowing) and I can't hear that today, either. I'm currently on hold with my doctor's office to see if I can come in to have them try and find the heartbeat.

(ETA I'm 11w4d, since that isn't in my siggy or anything.)

Last edited by silverlife; December 27th, 2011 at 01:01 PM.
December 26th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Mamacc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't blame you. Probably everything is fine bit I'm sure I'd be worried too. Any luck with the dr's office??

December 26th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Because I'm not bleeding they can't squeeze me in today. So I have to somehow get some sleep tonight and wait until middle of the day tomorrow.
December 26th, 2011, 03:27 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
I hope all is well. KUP.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
December 26th, 2011, 07:08 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
KUP I hope all is well.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

December 27th, 2011, 05:58 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Sorry you have to deal with the crazies. We all get them.

I just remembered the other day filling pout the paperwork after my 8 week ultrasound with my second pregnancy which is the one that I miscarried the following week and it asked how many children I had (1) and how many pregnancies and I remember thinking, "Two. Duh. Can't these people do simple math?"

It never even occurred to me that someone could have a pregnancy that didn't make it even though it's something I knew intellectually. I am probably the least affected by my loss of anyone in here because my brain operates differently than normal people and even I get the paranoia. So, I hope it ends up being nothing and that you get to see a doctor soon to put your mind at ease.
December 27th, 2011, 08:32 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
I hope it is nothing. Please let us know how you make out with your doctor.

On a side note my baby dosen't like the doppler. S/he hides from the doppler. Even the doctor had trouble finding Baby's heartbeat on the doppler the last time I saw them.
December 27th, 2011, 08:49 AM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
My baby hides from the doppler sometimes I can find it in seconds sometimes it takes me a heart attack and a few minutes later.

Hope all is well. KUP.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
December 27th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Still waiting for the appointment time. I woke up this morning with a headache because I had been clenching my jaw in my sleep. My doctor doesn't work on Tuesdays so I have to see one of the other providers and the last time I saw this one was with my daughter's pregnancy and she was really dismissive during that appointment. I'm hoping she's sympathetic this time.

I'm hoping that it's a combo of the baby hiding (to explain not finding the heartbeat) and my uterus growing and causing things to shift (to explain not hearing the blood flow in the placenta).
December 27th, 2011, 10:10 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I have everything crossed for you!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

December 27th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It took her a bit of searching, but she found the heartbeat going strong at about 160. I was on the verge of tears during the minute or so that it took her to find the heartbeat.

She said that after hearing the heartbeat with a doppler that the miscarriage risk drops to about 3-4%. My husband thinks those are good odds. I pointed out to him that it's something like 1-2% of women that have two or more miscarriages; 1-2% of women with nausea/vomiting as bad as I had with my son; and that it has to be a similar rate of full term newborns that need blood transfusions (as my daughter did). I told him, "When it comes to suckiness related to pregnancy, I am the 1%!"

So, yeah. I'm very glad my baby is still alive. But I'm not about to take comfort in an "only 3-4%" statistic.
December 27th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlife View Post
It took her a bit of searching, but she found the heartbeat going strong at about 160. I was on the verge of tears during the minute or so that it took her to find the heartbeat.

She said that after hearing the heartbeat with a doppler that the miscarriage risk drops to about 3-4%. My husband thinks those are good odds. I pointed out to him that it's something like 1-2% of women that have two or more miscarriages; 1-2% of women with nausea/vomiting as bad as I had with my son; and that it has to be a similar rate of full term newborns that need blood transfusions (as my daughter did). I told him, "When it comes to suckiness related to pregnancy, I am the 1%!"

So, yeah. I'm very glad my baby is still alive. But I'm not about to take comfort in an "only 3-4%" statistic.
I am so glad that they were able to find the hb! And I can totally understand you feeling that way, they keep telling me that, but I was in the 3-4% statistic once and that doesn't make me feel any better, wish they would just not give us numbers when we are already part of that statistic, but try to relax (I know, easier said than done) and enjoy the fact that they could find the hb! If you didn't this time, maybe try to drink some water (to fill the bladder) and then try the doppler again, sometimes I have trouble finding it and that seems to help!

December 27th, 2011, 12:43 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
YAY! Glad they found the heartbeat!

I still sometimes have a hard time getting this one with the doppler, it's like she runs from it.

December 27th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Mamacc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's a relief!! So glad they found it!

December 27th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Glad your baby's heart is still beating away.

December 27th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
glad everything is okay. I can totally understand your fear, as I went through the same thing.

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 27th, 2011, 08:49 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been in that 1-4% too and yeah ... No reassurance in that number for me either. My first loss the baby died at almost 12 weeks ( after a great ultrasound just a week before) which is about the point I am hitting now and my anxiety is crazy right now this board saves my sanity! Lol

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

December 28th, 2011, 08:18 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY for a great h/b. I didnt really feel at ease with this pregnancy until well after 15 weeks. Even after hearing the h/b 2-3 times.

=May '05 and '11

December 28th, 2011, 09:48 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad that everything is well! I understand your apprehension. I've been in the 1% more than once, and I don't find comfort in the 3-4% either.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

December 28th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Super Mommy
I'm glad that they found the HB. I'm 21 weeks and it took my OB a good 5 minutes to find Baby A's heartbeat yesterday. I could feel the baby pushing on it/squirming around, so I knew she was righ there. The dr said it was likely that the baby had it's back turned away - which makes the HB hard to find. turning on my side helped.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search