Waaaaaa

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2011, 11:54 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
OK so im sure you are all tired of my complaining about maternity clothing..lol

I just cant find anything I like or that fits right or that I can afford.
My mom tried to find me some in stores to give me for Christmas and had no luck. So I got a really nice pair of Clarks shoes instead (but I really needed some nice brown shoes so im happy)

I did this big order from Burlingtong for Cyber Monday/Black Friday sales and had to return more than half... and in doing so they would not credit my charge card and gave me a instore credit and there was nothing in the store so now I am stuck with this store credit. They have a big baby selection so Im sure it will get used between my daughter or this baby.

I see stuff online I like in stores like "pea in the pod" but paying $50.00 for a top or $80.00 for jeans I am only going to wear for 4-5 months I just cant do.

OK that was my vent for today..lol My regular clothing are not fitting right anymore and I just want some cute maternity clothing but no money to buy anything.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
December 27th, 2011, 12:04 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I understand totally. I really need some more winter weight clothes, but haven't found much, plus I hate spending the money on things that I won't get to wear again. I'm going to have to suck it up or freeze though.

December 27th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm in the same place! I'm currently wearing the only pair of maternity pants I own that are neither skin tight nor falling down. And I still have to pull them up ever few steps while walking. I'm probably going to see if I can get out on Thursday to try some stuff on. I'm debating just getting some low rise non-maternity pants that would go under my belly.
December 27th, 2011, 12:20 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Here is some things I found I love Zulily! They have new items all the time and they are usually very cute stuff. Their baby clothes are so cute too!

http://www.zulily.com/e/tala-jeans-1...&tid=&zsegid=9

http://www.zulily.com/e/maternity-bl...ml?ref=sba_atb

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

December 27th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlife View Post
. I still have to pull them up ever few steps while walking.
This is the problem from my regular pants, the belly is pushing them down as I walk.

December 27th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Super Mommy
I found some stuff at Khols, Shopko and at Target. they don't have a HUGE maternity section, but sometimes you can find something good. they are a little more reasonably priced - my "secret fit" belly jeans (like they have at motherhood) were $40 and its a sized jean, not just a small, med large - which i like SO much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsey2000k View Post
This is the problem from my regular pants, the belly is pushing them down as I walk.
I have a problem getting my pants to stay up too- the bella band works really good for me. I got mine at Target, but lots of places have them.
December 27th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by owensmom View Post
I found some stuff at Khols, Shopko and at Target. they don't have a HUGE maternity section, but sometimes you can find something good. they are a little more reasonably priced - my "secret fit" belly jeans (like they have at motherhood) were $40 and its a sized jean, not just a small, med large - which i like SO much more.

Our Kohls had about 5 shirts & 2 pants in a corner and I did not like any of it
Same with Target, you can order online but then you get stuck paying extra shipping if the item doesnt fit.

I have a problem getting my pants to stay up too- the bella band works really good for me. I got mine at Target, but lots of places have them.
I have a Belly band and the thing drives me nuts, its ok as long as I dont sit because then it rolls up and I have to find a bathroom to unroll the thing.

December 27th, 2011, 01:23 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
I went to Motherhood last Friday at the mall, and they had a huge sale! Jeans were $15, and so were velor jumpsuits (which I could live in)l I mainly just browsed the clearance racks.

Also, check out ebay. I bought a HUGE lot of 5 brand new maternity shirts and 2 brand new pairs of jeans (all still had tags attached) for $100 + free shipping. Some of the buy it now ones will take offers if you watch and wait until the last 2 days of the posting. Mine took $50 off my order.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
December 27th, 2011, 01:25 PM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
I gave up on finding maternity pants that fit properly...I am always adjusting them and they just aren't comfy at all. I have been sticking to yoga pants

1/25/12

December 27th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Mamacc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love a pea in the pod, but I have a store near me and I wait till they have sales. A little while back they had 40% off all markdowns and a lot of stuff was marked down. I almost never pay full price for anything there! Target has some decent stuff too. They recently had these cute waffle knit shirts for $10 marked down from $20. Never tried their pants tho...

December 28th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Try thredup.com - it's a maternity and baby clothing consignment store. Shipping is $10.95, but you can get a huge amount of clothing for $9, plus that shipping, so $20 for a ton of clothes...I got 6 pairs of pants (leggings mostly and a pair of cargo pants), 4 regular shirts, a sweater, and a couple of other shirts (dressier) for the $9 plus shipping! You are able to talk to the women that owned the stuff before, I am really short and was very concerned about the stuff being too long, but the woman I spoke to who was selling the stuff, said she is short too (she is about exactly my height) and said she had the same issue, but all of the things fit her well, she was telling the truth!

The site can be a little confusing at first - the descriptions come up on the right hand side, down the page a bit, but many have pics once you click on see more in the description and you can decide what you want in your box!!

December 28th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Veteran
I hate ordering clothes online bc I have to be able to try something on before I buy it. With that said, I live in a county that doesn't sell maternity clothes!!!!!! Not even the big chains...Belk, JCPenny, etc...you have to order everything online I guess not being able to work and being stuck at home all the time isn't so bad. DH clothes are more comfy than any maternity outfit

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search