Feeling the worry creep :(

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 29th, 2011, 09:28 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I need to talk to someone about this, and I know you ladies will understand. I'm at the point in my pregnancies where I always feel like I'm in limbo.

I had the great u/s at 7 1/2 weeks. I still have the nausea, the sore boobs, the exhaustion, etc. But our first baby passed away at 9 weeks after a succesful u/s. I can't use my doppler for 2 weeks.

It is so hard to trust my body that everything is still going as it should be. I feel like I have 14 days during which I have to just hope and white knuckle it until I can know for sure that my little bean is still alive. It drives me crazy

I am thankful for every day I get with this baby. I'm thankful that it seems like everything is still going well. I'm thankful for no spotting. I just needed to vent. Thanks for listening

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
December 29th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You could probably use your doppler to find the heartbeat in one week, rather than waiting two.

Could you get another ultrasound next week? My doctor is really understanding and said I could get an ultrasound once a week if I wanted to in those early weeks.
December 29th, 2011, 10:32 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
The doctor found the h/b on their doppler at 8 weeks. I found it on my doppler at 9 weeks. It was extremely low and on the left side. I mean, lower than I would have ever thought to look. It doesn't hurt to try. Just know it may be too early for you.

As for the fear, *hugs*, I hated that in the first trimester, and I hate it even more now in the 2nd. I am still terrified with the pregnancy. My fear stims from my cervix failing and me losing the baby, even though I was told my cervix was normal and fine. Vent away, we all are here for you.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
December 29th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to terajet Send a message via Yahoo to terajet
I believe we all have the right to be worried. After someone has a loss it is hard not to worry until the baby is in your arms and then a whole new set of worries happens. Worrying is part of being a mom.

It is perfectly normal to worry. I will pray for you to have the strength to get through these next two weeks.

Thank you .:Shortcake:. You're the best.
December 29th, 2011, 10:43 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have always been able to pick it up on the Doppler at 7 1/2 weeks. Might be worth a try

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon.
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

December 29th, 2011, 10:43 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

December 29th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree with the ladies above, you can try with your doppler, I was able to get mine at about 9 weeks (which is when I got my doppler) - it did take quite a bit of time and patience, but I got it. Just remember, if that will drive you crazy if you can't find it, don't even try, because it isn't guaranteed that you will find it. Sometimes if the baby is nestled nice and deep or is moving around a lot, it might make impossible to find. It really depends, but it might help ease your mind, especially if you can find it! What kind of doppler do you have? I have a Sonoline B and it says as early as 8 weeks...

December 29th, 2011, 11:23 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
the first trimester worries are the worst.

December 29th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Can you ask your doctor to do a quick scan for you? Because my second loss was a missed miscarriage where the baby died around 9-10 weeks but i didn't find out until 13 weeks at the NT scan, the doctor did a weekly check for me at 8, 9 and 10 weeks just to make sure baby was still okay. It was so nerve wracking, but his understanding (and he was just my fill in OB since my regular doctor was on maternity leave) was such a lifesaver to me during such a stressful time.

December 29th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)

December 29th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
I know getting an u/s in Canada isn't that easy. That is the toughest point in pregnancy and I remember not even getting attached to Miranda until after the 12 week scan. I was not very successful finding a hb with my doppler before 12 weeks and to tell you the truth, I think it stressed me out more not being able to find it than if I hadn't had a doppler to even try with. HUGS!! I hope that the next 2 weeks go by really quickly for you.

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

December 30th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by terajet View Post
I believe we all have the right to be worried. After someone has a loss it is hard not to worry until the baby is in your arms and then a whole new set of worries happens. Worrying is part of being a mom.

It is perfectly normal to worry. I will pray for you to have the strength to get through these next two weeks.
December 30th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm with you. I'm getting close to the time when I lost my first baby and I'm scare, I'm trying to stay positive, but as you its hard. I can't help you with the doppler, I'm not getting one because I think the fear of not being able to find the h/b would put me over the edge.
HUGS

December 31st, 2011, 08:28 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks, ladies

I could probably get another ultrasound by requesting it at my first prenatal appt on the 4th. But there is no guarantee of when it would be. I got lucky last time and got in on a cancellation. I think I'm just going to wait a week (because we can't get gel for the doppler before that) and then listen for the heartbeat.

One day at a time, one day at a time...

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search