No weight gain?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2011, 09:54 AM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
I still haven't gained a single pound since I have been pregnant... I lost 5 pounds in the first trimester but I thought I would be gaining by now but I'm not? Is this bad? (I'm 15 weeks today)

I also can still fit in my old jeans just fine. All my pregnancy books are like "Are you popping out of your clothes yet?" haha I'm like "No.." I don't look pregnant what so ever. I'm a little chubby to begin with but nothin major and everyone in my DDC looks mega huge....

Does your preg belly just pop over night? Cause that's what it seems like haha

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
December 31st, 2011, 10:14 AM
KeepingFaith's Avatar *~Mom to Faith Marie~*
I fit in my regular jeans until 28 weeks(with a bellyband) I lost 20 lbs the first trimester and now am up 9 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. I wouldn't worry about it, everyone grows differently and as long as baby keeps measuring on track you are fine

1/25/12

December 31st, 2011, 11:18 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Yeah, what she said

I did not gain a single thing with my first son. I was somewhat overweight and apparently the baby just survived off my extra. I started and ended at the exact same weight. The doc was never concerned and neither was I, since the baby was growing fine. But it was a bit sad because no one could really tell I was pregnant, even at the end. I never had that nice bump going on, I just popped a baby out. So that was not super fun (since it was my first!).

But with my second, I gained normally (I was at a normal weight) and looked pregnant from about 20 weeks or so. Before that, I did not really look at all different.

So, you could go either way. Some small women don't even show that much. It just depends on what your body does
December 31st, 2011, 11:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't really start gaining until much later, either. Even then, it was literally baby weight. From the morning sickness I had, I was actually down about 10 pounds from pre-pregnancy weight by week 9-10. I only gained as baby grew, as in the weight I was gaining was only because my child was getting heavier as she grew. I didn't gain fat hardly at all. I'm only almost 4 weeks pp already down to pre-pregnancy weight. I'm a little heavier to begin with, too. I'm about 40 pounds overweight pre-pregnancy.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

December 31st, 2011, 12:14 PM
silverlife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's always been my experience that one day I wake up and it's like, "hello, baby, where have you been hiding?!" because the belly suddenly pops out. I don't think I really looked pregnant with either kid until about mid to late 2nd trimester.

With my son I lost 20 lbs and then gained 25, so I went to the hospital only 5lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight and he was 7lbs, 9oz.

With my daughter I lost 11 lbs at first. I didn't start gaining until about 18 weeks and didn't get back to my pre-pregnancy weight until I was 30 weeks along. From then until the end (I went 40w2d with her) I gained another 11 lbs. So I gained 22lbs total, and was 11lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight when she was born. She was 7lbs, 13oz.

I'm on the higher end of the "normal" weight range when I'm not pregnant. I know that the larger you are to start with, the longer it often takes to "show" and the less concern your care provider will have over a lack of weight gain. I know one friend whose midwife told her to only gain 10lbs; she did and had a perfectly normal sized baby at the end.
January 1st, 2012, 06:19 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
I can still button my regular pants. This week I finally got maternity pants because my belly finally popped this last week and its pushing my pants down as I walk and driving me nuts.
As for weight gain when I went in 3 weeks ago I had not gained a single pound.
I think after all this holiday junk food eating acourding to my scale I have put on 3 pounds this month.

With my daughter I was in maternity pants by 15 weeks and gained 14 pounds by 20 weeks.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
January 2nd, 2012, 11:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am having a baby in one week and i'm exactly at my starting weight. I look really pregnant now, so i'm sure i've lost a good deal of weight from other areas. My doctor says unless you are really thin, not to worry about it at all.

Oh, I should add that they did send me for extra growth u/s at 26 and 34 weeks to make sure baby was gaining weight, so if you continue not to put on any weight, make sure you ask about that.

January 3rd, 2012, 06:03 AM
Super Mommy
its pretty normal. The other thing to remember is that at 20 weeks you should only be at 1/3 of your total weight gain for the pregnancy. the baby starts to grow a lot more and gain all it's weight in the last half, so you'll see some of that weight gain too. it took a while for me to show with my DS and with the twins, but at about 20 - 26 weeks was when I started to really "show" and strangers knew I was no longer 'fat' but pregnant
January 3rd, 2012, 10:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i never gained any weight till sometime after 20 wks. I actually lost the weight, and my doctor said it was fine. baby is healthy and moving around then all is good.

January 3rd, 2012, 01:55 PM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't gain wight until I was around 28 weeks pregnant. I was wearing a hoodie when I went into labor and when I went to check into the hospital they couldn't even tell I was pregnant

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search