I'm not even sure where to post this

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2006, 12:13 PM
soontobemommyto3
The last few days I just don't feel right. I feel like something terrible is going to happen to the baby between now and delivery. I never dream about the baby, I've never dreamt about any of my babies (probably that in itself is weird) but the last two nights I've had 2 nighmares about the baby! One was that I lost her at 37 weeks and the other was that the L&D floor burned down before I got there to deliver and they told me I was just going to have to wait.

In the mornings I feel extreme fatigue after eating breakfast. This is the only time of day I feel it, it lasts about 2 hours and then I'm fine for the rest of the day. But it happens every day. I'm wondering if I really do have Gestational Diabetes and didn't screen + for it??? I am so freaked out, what if I have it and something will go wrong with the baby??

I have my next appointment on Wednesday morning and I intend to talk to the DR about this. But even waiting 3 days seems like a long time to me. I wish he would just deliver her at 37 weeks, I'd even do a c-section if it meant that she'd be out and ok. I'm sure my DR won't understand, AND he is going on vacation the last two weeks of July which isn't helping my disposition any! I will be seen by a DR covering his practice, but still, it isn't like having YOUR dr there.

Maybe he'll offer me non-stress tests or something. Or maybe he'll let me deliver early, just to ease my mind. I know she is a big baby, all my babies are big.

HELP.... I'm losing my mind!!

**UPDATE**

So I went for my 36 week appointment and talked to my DR about the feeling I get in the morning. Apparently it is a symptom of GD He checked my 1 hour screen test result and tells me ya you are boarderline for GD. Why didn't he make me do the 3 hour???? So I'm like, Ok, what do I do? He's says eat less carbs. So I tell him I'm really worried about the baby since I had my loss last year. He gave me a kick count sheet and explained when to call. He said the baby will slow down dramatically if there is a problem. So I ask about this blood sugar stuff, will it effect her and the placenta. He says no, I'll just have a big baby. I'm like Isn't that a problem??? He's says no, you had a big one last time. Hmmmmm....

Anyhow, I'm not so convinced so I bought a blood glucose monitor and have been checking my blood. So far I am showing boarderline numbers after breakfast. I am going to follow the GD diet from now until delivery just for my own sanity. And of course he is out of town on vacation and the DR I am seeing is so busy I have to see her NP instead. I'm sure they won't be much help....
July 10th, 2006, 08:05 AM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you are feeling this anxiety, too bad there isnt much we can do about! But I know what you mean, after having a loss and knowing it can happen to anyone at anytime, the worry takes over our lives! I just heard of a lady who was 39 weeks and delivered a stillborn because the baby had its cord wrapped around the neck- that is so scary! Needless to say I have been thinking a lot about the stupid cord and hoping that all the movement inside me isnt causing the same thing to happen!
Oh the worries....

Hang in there, only a few more weeks left!!!

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
July 10th, 2006, 08:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay I am the poster child for worry, paranoia etc etc

I thought bad things would happen and read all the stories about the 38 and 39 week tragic happenings and convinced myself it was going to be my fate as well.

It is pointless to tell you not to worry. But try to relax and not let it consume you.

(((HUGS)))

July 10th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Prudence's Avatar Super Mommy
Sorry I wish I could help. It must be because you are way to eagar for Sadie to come.
I don't know how they are about delivering early wouldn't hurt to ask? Maybe you should treat yourself to a spa day to relax and what not.
July 10th, 2006, 10:19 AM
margo1973's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry that you feel anxious. I hope your doctor does agree to deliver at 37 weeks but if not, I am sure the baby will be fine.

July 10th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to he910
Oh Susan - I'm so sorry you are going through this worry but I know exactly how you feel! I worry all the time about this baby and even when people are like oh you've gotten to this point and so on its like I know that things can go wrong at any point until the baby comes home! Try to relax and talk to your dr and explain your fears and concerns and maybe he will move your induction date up earlier to make you feel better. Sometimes the reassurance from a dr can be enough to get you through....you're almost there and I know Sadie is going to be just perfect!!

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]
July 10th, 2006, 11:30 AM
soontobemommyto3
thanks ladies for the support. I figure if I tell my DR my concerns then he really has to listen to me. I mean what if something bad did happen after I told him I just didn't feel right and he didn't do anything. So I figure he may let me get a non-stress test or u/s or something.

I'm really hoping that the DR who is covering for him (I'll see her at my 37 and 38 week appts) will want to go early because the baby is so big. I saw her once when I was pregnant with my son (same deal, my DR went on vacation) but I was only 32 weeks at the time and she was like WHOA, you are measuring big!! I"m sure I am this time too. Even the perinatologist I saw before getting pregnant this time suggested I go early since I have such little heffers for babies. Unfortunately my OB doesn't agree.

I just feel like she would be safer outside of my body than inside.
July 11th, 2006, 05:51 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, I just wanted to tell you that I had those same exact fears during my pregnancy with Liam. Of course it didn't help that my mil constantly would ask me "how do you know the baby is ok and the cord isn't wrapped around his neck strangling him?" Yeah, and she knew about my previous loss too, needless to say she's not my favorite person.

I had a major meltdown late in my pregnancy, about the same time as you, because the anxiety got to be way too much. I even said those exact words that I felt the baby would be safer outside my body than inside. I just didn't trust my body and I wanted Liam where I could see him and know he was ok. But after all that worry he was perfectly fine and came on his own 3 weeks early--he must have known what a wreck I was.

I can say try not to worry but we all know it's easier said than done. Your little girl will be here before you know it, you only have a couple weeks left, and she will be perfect. I think it's a good idea to talk to your dr though, he should be able to do something to help ease your mind. Good luck, the day is almost upon you!

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

July 12th, 2006, 08:32 PM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I totally know what you mean when you say you feel like the baby is safer outside your body than in. I get so worried when I don't feel him moving or anything and I am sure thats how you are feeling too....I am sure she is fine and I am not going to tell you not to worry but try to enjoy the last weeks of your pregnancy and I am sure it will be okay. I am a worrier too and I don't want to have this baby early but I think about something happening all the time, I think its natural to worry but I know what you mena when you say you feel like you are losing your mind. BIG BIG HUGS only a few more weeks, hang in there

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search