hCG level results question - updated result 1/7/2012 in post 1

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2012, 06:21 PM
EJsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies,
I have been posting and lurking on TTCAL since beginning of 2010 and then just started posting on TTCMA.
Some of you here may know me from these two other boards and know my story. If you want to know ask me.
After doing a medicated IUI with Gonal-F and ovidrel (trigger shot) we found out that we are pg this past tuesday afternoon after doing blood work that morning.
Here are my hCG levels from tuesday and today:
My Hcg level from tuesday morning was 1500.
The nurse called again from today's blood draw and said that the level had risen slowly and it is at 2000 today. The RE doc wanted to have it seen rising by 60% so up to 2400.
I am going to do blood draw again on Saturday as the doc wanted to keep a close watch on my levels.

I am keeping on wondering if this still is good steady rise even if it was slow.
Can anyone just easy my uneasy feeling?
Anyone with experience on this?
I understand that all women can have different results and I really feel pregnant - sore boobies, bloated and sleepy.

Update from Saturday 1/7/2012
Nurse from Shady Grove (RE) called and my Hcg numbers rose to 3500
I am to schedule an u/s for next week.
~ Expecting our rainbow baby September 7, 2012 - grew wings on 1/27/2012

Please do not mention anything from the JM board on my Facebook page

Last edited by EJsMommy; January 7th, 2012 at 01:08 PM.
January 5th, 2012, 06:29 PM
mmllhh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honey, i would relax. they are rising. at some point the don't double anymore. Have you been scheduled for an U/S?

Forever Missing Our Ten Angels
January 5th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmllhh View Post
Honey, i would relax. they are rising. at some point the don't double anymore. Have you been scheduled for an U/S?
That is a great idea! My first beta hCG was this past tuesday and then 2nd was for today. I have not been scheduled for an U/S yet. I probably should ask for one, huh?

January 5th, 2012, 07:23 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Once you get into the higher numbers, they are not supposed to double anymore. It might be why your RE would like to see a 60% increase. Which, if you are a low-end mama (meaning your HCG never goes terribly high), this could be completely normal for you. I hate HCG numbers, I realized it after I had them done with my latest pregnancy. They always can "mean" something. Low end means it could not be a healthy pregnancy. High end means it could be ectopic or multiples. Mid-range means they aren't going up as quickly as someone who is on the high end. Etc. It seems there is tons of variation between women...and even from one pregnancy to the next. I hope your doc gets some answers from your next beta. My doc told me that the levels have to be above 3000 before they could see anything significant on ultrasound, so that might be why you don't have one yet. I did not have one scheduled time my numbers crossed that point. And even then, waited a whole week to do it. Good luck
January 6th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Thank you so much. I talked a friend of mine and she said a rise is a rise and it is really early now anyway. I had my IUI insemination done on Dec 16th 2011. So that is not to long ago.

January 6th, 2012, 06:49 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
I just wanted to say good luck and congrats.

I agree a rise is a rise.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
January 6th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Super Mommy
So would that make you 5 weeks? I agree with Ashlee, a rise is a rise and at some point they will slow down a bit. I would wait and see what saturday's numbers show you. My Dr always liked to have at least 3 draws to come to any kind of a conclusion. I would wait until 7 weeks if not 8 to schedule an u/s. it's been my experience that u/s earlier then that can be inconclusive since the baby is so small and you uterus can be tipped back, ect and hard to find a sac. but I totally can see why you wouldn't want to wait! it's so hard to wait to see that little heartbeat, but they really only start beating at 5-6 weeks.
January 6th, 2012, 07:32 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I agree a rise is a rise!! Maybe by next Saturday you can do an u/s, you should be able to see something by then.
I'm still so excited fro you Lovisa!!

January 6th, 2012, 08:24 AM
dreamer10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Lovisa....it's so good to see you here! I had wondered where you were, although I don't go to ttcal much anymore....

Congrats on being pg and I hope and pray that this little bean sticks for you! I don't have much advice for you except to echo the other ladies and request an u/s. I didn't have any betas done with this last pregnancy because I didn't want the stress that can sometimes comes from it. But your numbers are rising and that is wonderful! Keep us updated and let us know how you are doing!

Our rainbow baby Brynlee Sue was born August 17th after four heartbreaking loses! Life is an amazing journey. Hang on, keep your faith and try to always move forward!
January 6th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer10 View Post
Hey Lovisa....it's so good to see you here! I had wondered where you were, although I don't go to ttcal much anymore....

Congrats on being pg and I hope and pray that this little bean sticks for you! I don't have much advice for you except to echo the other ladies and request an u/s. I didn't have any betas done with this last pregnancy because I didn't want the stress that can sometimes comes from it. But your numbers are rising and that is wonderful! Keep us updated and let us know how you are doing!
Hey, nice to "see" you again. I have been around but did not feel ready until recent to move over here. As you can understand that is a bit ackward to be posting on a board when you are not pg. But now I am so I am happy about that. I feel bloated and have regular AF symptoms excluding AF itself. Sore girlies and some twinges you know where.
I am on prometrium pills (inserted vaginally) twice daily to thicken the lining of the uterus and that can perhaps mask the symptoms as well.
It has been a long road but I am hopeful. I have gotten the reassurance that I was looking for and I understand from the other ladies that 2 blood draws may be inconclusive. I am hoping the 3rd one is making the picture a little bit clearer. I have never had the beta draws before and this confused me so I wanted to get some answers. Have a great weekend.

January 6th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Lovisa, I think you got your answers here, I just wanted to say that I am thinking about you and wish you the best!! KUP on what your next draw shows!

SN: I was also told, until the numbers reached at least 3000, an u/s was kind of useless. And just a little extra FYI, the heart starts beating around 6w, so if that is something you really want to see, try to wait until at least then to do your u/s. It is so hard to wait, but at least then it is more reassuring! I like to wait until around 7 or 8 weeks, because you see so much more and it is more conclusive. GL!!
January 6th, 2012, 11:36 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Something else to consider is it could have started as multiples and now is a singleton. (sad but it happens) and that could explain the non doubling. My son Matthew is an injectable/iui baby

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

January 6th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Bobbie* View Post
Something else to consider is it could have started as multiples and now is a singleton. (sad but it happens) and that could explain the non doubling. My son Matthew is an injectable/iui baby
This is also an IUI injectable so I am just hoping and praying that we at least get one out of this. Thanks for all your reassurances.

January 7th, 2012, 12:11 AM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
T&p that they continue to rise. I agree with everyone else

Kup!

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
January 7th, 2012, 06:07 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad your numbers went up. Good luck at your u/s.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
January 8th, 2012, 08:09 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for rising! I hope your u/s goes perfectly!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

January 8th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Mamacc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's great that your numbers are rising! GL with your ultrasound!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search