Should I call my doctor?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2006, 04:23 PM
margo1973's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I went home at lunch today, I felt my lower back ache on the left side and then, within a few minutes, I got a really bad spasm in my left lower back. It was so bad that I had to lie down immediately until it passed which took 2-3 minutes. Now I just have a lower back ache on my left side again.

Should I call my doctor or should I wait to tell her about it at my next appointment on Friday? Could this have been like contraction that I felt in my back instead of my stomach?

July 10th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Kyra656's Avatar Super Mommy
I still remember my back contractions..and if it were those it would continue waving in and out. with pain in the lower back..for hours and stop if it wasn't real labor. Perhaps you just pulled a muscle?

edited, just thought of something...it could possibly be passing a stone too...a kidney stone. You can call and ask the nurse or whatever your doctor's office does

July 10th, 2006, 07:52 PM
soontobemommyto3
it doesn't really sound like a contraction to me. They may start in the back but it usually on both sides and the come around to the front. Sounds like a muscle spasm or a pulled muscle.
July 10th, 2006, 08:54 PM
margo1973's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks. I felt fine for the rest of the day so I will just bring it up at my Friday appointment and see what the doctor says.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search