Having my first OFFICAL OB Visit

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jessghetti

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2012, 12:19 AM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
Next Tuesday, what should I expect? I know there should be a pelvic exam and some blood tests - anything else?

I will be 10weeks and 2 days, but still worried about the baby being okay - though still feeling pregnant.

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
February 3rd, 2012, 06:58 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My dr does a pap smear and blood work at the first visit. Have you had an u/s yet to date the pregnancy? If not he will probably schedule that. I met with the nurse before I met with the dr to go over my family history. Good Luck at your visit. I hope it goes well.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 3rd, 2012, 07:04 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
If you have not done your intake appt this will probably be it. So expect tons of questions and paper work.
They will probably do a pap and if you do have it you may spot a little from it so dont be to freaked out (alot of the PAL ladies refuse a pap for that reason).
I dont think you will have blood tests at that appoitment but every OB is different.
You will probably be asked if you want the 12 week NT scan and then at that appt they will draw blood. If not then around 16 weeks they typically do a blood draw if you want to test for things.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
February 3rd, 2012, 07:17 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Each doctor is different but I wanted to wish you luck at your appointment

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

February 3rd, 2012, 07:46 AM
Super Mommy
My very first was nothing speciail. Peed in a cup, she said yep you're pregnant, and then we scheduled my second appointment. My second appointment was when she did the blood work, scheduled ultrasound, etc.
February 3rd, 2012, 09:36 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My 1st appointment with one was family history, pap, u/s to confirm and date the pg. A week after went for a blood test, at 12 weeks went for the 1st trimester screening.

February 3rd, 2012, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalaw View Post
My dr does a pap smear and blood work at the first visit. Have you had an u/s yet to date the pregnancy? If not he will probably schedule that. I met with the nurse before I met with the dr to go over my family history. Good Luck at your visit. I hope it goes well.
I've had two and seen the heartbeat! So yeah I have a date, September the 2nd.

February 6th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My guess would be they will do a family history question and answer session Have you pee in a cup - they do this at every appt to ensure you aren't throwing proteins and to check for infection. You may or may not have a pap, depends on when your last one was (I didn't have one, because I had just had one a couple of months prior). I think everyone covered it all GL tomorrow, so exciting!

February 7th, 2012, 07:08 PM
UPDATE: Went in to the doctors, had the pee tests, blood tests, flu shot, long interview about health history, breast exam and finalllllllly I heard my baby's heartbeat again

It's at 164 and I am measuring right where I should be. Though the nurse practitioner put me at 10 1/2 weeks, instead of 10 weeks and 2 days. So I am still confused on the dating but I guess a few days doesn't make much of a difference.

I am also having to do the 24hour urine test for gestational diabetes, not looking forward to that so much .
Pitridge likes this.

Last edited by Jessghetti; February 7th, 2012 at 07:13 PM.
February 8th, 2012, 06:15 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessghetti View Post
UPDATE: Went in to the doctors, had the pee tests, blood tests, flu shot, long interview about health history, breast exam and finalllllllly I heard my baby's heartbeat again

It's at 164 and I am measuring right where I should be. Though the nurse practitioner put me at 10 1/2 weeks, instead of 10 weeks and 2 days. So I am still confused on the dating but I guess a few days doesn't make much of a difference.

I am also having to do the 24hour urine test for gestational diabetes, not looking forward to that so much .
Great update... and its normal to measure off a couple days. Babies have growth spurts and you could go next week and be right on or behind a little. I would say a couple days ahead is really really good.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
February 8th, 2012, 06:59 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Don't worry about the dating, some doctor's/nurses like to tinker with it the entire pregnancy- I think it's safer going with your original since you had it dated early (better results).
Glad it went well!

February 8th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got 2 different due dates with this baby July 31 and August 7.

February 8th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay for a great appt!

And as the others said, wouldn't worry about the measuring/dating at this point, stick with what you had before. Mine was changed at my 1st trimester screening, because it was more than 4 days ahead, but I think baby was just measuring ahead...as Lindsey said, they have growth spurts and can measure ahead and behind the entire pregnancy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search