Beta question

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've been wanting to be here but it's been so hard. For those of you how don't know me, I had an ectopic pg in October and a missed m/c in May. Well I found out I was pg again at the end of June and hadn't even had AF since my m/c. DH & I were shocked and but so excited. DH & I went away for a week in June and I O'd sometime between June 16th & 21st, not 100% sure but I did get a faint bfp on June 26th and it's been getting darker. As of yesterday I could be anywhere from 20-24dpo.

Well, I went to my doctor yesterday I spoke to my doctor this morning and my levels aren't looking so good. She said my hcg levels were around 620 and that my progestertone was a little low (she likes to see them above 30) so she called in an rx for progesterone tablets that I need to take 2x a day (I forgot to ask what the level was). Hopefully my levels double when I got back for blood work tomorrow morning.

I'm trying to be positive but with 2 recent losses, it's really hard. What have your levels been like in the early stages and did you have a good outcome with taking progesterone tablets vaginally? I'm looking for any hope that I can get.
July 11th, 2006, 04:43 PM
margo1973's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you are only 20 DPO then 620 is an average hcg level and even if you are 24 DPO then you level is within range (although on the lower side). Are you having you levels retesed to see if they are doubling?

Good luck! I hope everything turns out perfectly fine.

At 20 DPO, the average HCG level is 522 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 135-1690 mIU/ml.
* At 21 DPO, the average HCG level is 1061 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 324-4130 mIU/ml.
* At 22 DPO, the average HCG level is 1287 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 185-3279 mIU/ml.
* At 23 DPO, the average HCG level is 2034 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 506-4660 mIU/ml.
* At 24 DPO, the average HCG level is 2637 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 540-10,000 mIU/ml.

July 11th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the replies. I'm going back tomorrow for my 2nd beta test and should have the results Thursday morning. I picked up the Prometrium tonight and just took my 1st dose. I'm just more concerned with them doubling, more than anything else.

My head is all over the place right now and I'm trying to hold onto hope.

Peanutmama...of course I remember you! I miss all of you ladies at the December DDC! You were the best group of ladies to spend my short time with. Thanks for thinking of me.
July 11th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Super Mommy
You're right to only be concerned with the doubling!! That's all that really matters...if it doubles, there's a good chance things are going to be just fine!!

I was on progesterone suppositories with my 3rd pregnancy...my first 2 were miscarriages. My prog. level was 28 at 5 weeks, so I asked to go on prog. even though my doc was fine with my levels. I took 500 mg/day (in 2 25mg doses). I'll never know if the progesterone helped or if that pregnancy was just meant to be, but I'm glad I did it!!!

Please update us with your levels tomorrow!! Best wishes!!!
Waiting for #2!
</div>
July 12th, 2006, 06:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to he910
Hi there! I don't remember at how many dpo I had my first level done so I don't know but I would just watch to see it double and not necessarily worry about what the number is (Plus I dont think your number is bad). As far as the progesterone - I had 3 m/c's before this pregnancy and with this one I went on progesterone as soon as I got my BFP and everything has gone very well so I honestly think that did the trick for me. I took it vaginally 2 times a day in the morning and night and stayed on it until about 13 weeks.

Keep us posted on your levels but I wouldn't worry because I think your number is fine -- I'll be thinking doubling vibes for you! Best of luck to you!

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]
July 12th, 2006, 07:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks again for the support ladies! (((hugs)))

I really wish I remembered to ask what my progesterone levels were, but I'll ask her tomorrow when she calls with my 2nd beta levels. I'm doing my best to be positive. In a strange way...I kinda feel like everything is fine. I never had that feeling with my other 2 pregnancies. Here's to positive thoughts, loads of prayer and doubling vibes!
July 12th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never had to take progesterone, but with this pregnancy my #'s were always on the lower end of normal and that was enough to freak me out! I think we are all praying for your numbers to double and if they do, you can move on to worrying about somehting else! (Since as we all know there cant ever be a "worry free" pregnancy!) Good luck Nykoal, I have everything crossed for you and your little one!

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
July 13th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welll I didn't get the good news that I was looking for.

July 10 - 620 (approx. 22dpo)
July 12 -570 (approx. 24dpo)

My prog. level was 23 but my doctor said she likes to see it be around 30 so she prescribed 100mg of prometrium 2x a day (for a total of 200mg). I've been reading that prog. levels above 20 are considered good and my dr is saying they're not. My dr was also telling me that since my HCG was in the 500-600 range I'm only about 3 weeks pg, but that goes against everything that I've read. Maybe 3 weeks after conception but not 3 weeks total.

I'm so sad and confused and just want to scream!!!!
July 13th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nykoal, this is such a scary time of pregnancy, we all know that this early in the game unfortunately anything can happen. I will be thinking about you and hoping for the best- take it easy.
-Steph

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
July 13th, 2006, 12:53 PM
margo1973's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Early pregnancy is really scary, especially for those of us with previous losses. I am sorry that the HCG didn't go up. I hope everything turns out fine for you.

July 17th, 2006, 06:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to he910
I'm so sorry you didn't get the numbers backed you hoped for - I'll be thinking about you and let us know whats going on!

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search