Really Scared

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2006, 08:13 AM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey girls, I haven't been on here alot but I just wanted to update you. I have been showing signs of pre-term labor since around 23 weeks (soft cervix, contractions etc...) well I have been going to the doctor weekly to be "checked" and to make sure things are going okay. I went in yesterday and I guess I am already dilated to a "1" and I was totally not expecting to hear that!!!

I have been on partial bed rest for abotu 5 weeks- where I work only 4 hours a day and then come home and rest. But now he took me off work totally and wants me to make it at least 6 more weeks (36 weeks) so I am so scared little jacob is going to come early. Anyone else had a baby this early or have any advice???

thanks ladies... I am sure I will be on here alot more now that I am home all day long.

July 12th, 2006, 08:45 AM
Prudence's Avatar Super Mommy
I am sorry to hear you are in this postion. I hope everything is ok. I myself didn't have a baby this early but my friend did. They delivered like 10 weeks early. He is doing great now he will be turning 1 in a few weeks but it can be scary. Is there any other way they can slow this down besides bed rest?
I wish you all the best and will be thinking of you.
July 12th, 2006, 10:59 AM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok, your situation is just like my pregnancy with Ethan!!!
I wasnt showing any signs of preterm labor with him, at least that I knew of since it was my first pregnancy and I had no idea what a contraction was! I just went to my normal 29 week appointment and told my dr I was feeling some heavy pressure down low. She asked if I was cramping or contracting and I said no, but she checked me "just to be safe." When she checked me, I was dialted 1cm and she said, "Oh, theres the baby's head!" ...That was the pressure I was feeling I guess! Again she asked me if I was contrating, and I said no because when I heard the word "contraction" I thought labor and I thought extreme pain! So she hooked me up to the NST monitor in her office and after about 10 minutes, she checked the printout and said, "Do you feel that tightening in your stomach?" And I said, "Yep, that is annoying" and she said, "Thats a contraction!" So I said, "If thats a contraction, I have been having those forever now, all day long!"
So at that appointment, I was given an Rx of Tributelin to stop the dialating, and I was also given a shot of steroids in my butt to help with the baby's lung development, just in case he came soon. I had to have that shot every 4 hours for 24 hours, and since my husband is afraid of needles, I had to stay with my aunt who is a nurse and she gave me the shots through the night. (gotta love my husband!)
My dr also ordered bedrest, so I had to quit my job. Of course I also had pelvic rest, which was the only good news of the day! She said at 36 weeks, if I made it that far, I could resume all normal activity.
I had to go to the dr 2x's a week to be checked and hooked up to the NST and I dialted another cm every other week. So at my 35 week appointment, I was 4 cm dialted and they thought I had a rip in my water bag because there was a slow leak of something, so I was sent to the hospital where Ethan was born 45 minutes later.
He was 5 weeks early, but he still weighed 6lbs (me and susan have the big ones!) and he did struggle to breathe on his own, so he was put in the NICU. He was put on a respirator that first night, then oxygen and a heart monitor, which was scary, but by day 3, he was off everything. He did drop in weight and became jaundice, which is totally normal and expected for preemies, so we just had to wait til he was over 5lbs and not jaundice before we could take him home. He was in the NICU for a total of 8 days. It was 8 hard, long days, but in the sceme of things, 8 days was nothing!
I never want to have another baby in the NICU, but on the brightside, that week that I was home and he was still in the hospital, I got a lot done that I couldnt do before he came because I was on bedrest! Shopping, cleaning, setting up the nursery... when I wasnt at the hospital, I was very productive.
Oh, and also, he came home on the best schedule! He only ate every 4 hours and he was sleeping though the night (minus 1 feeding at 4am) at 2 weeks old!
Sorry this is so long, but I just want to assure you that you've made it this far and things will be totally fine! You might have a little rough road for the next little while, but hang in there and just know that he will be ok!
I am here if you need me or have questions!
Good luck!

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
July 12th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to he910
I have no true advice for you but I just wanted to say I'll be thinking about you and just take it easy and rest - I'm sure you'll make it now that you're on full bedrest! Best of luck though and keep us posted on how your feeling and doing!

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]
July 12th, 2006, 02:00 PM
nmbatey's Avatar Regular
Sorry to hear you are so frightened. I know I would be too! Try to stay as positve as you can - I can't imagine how hard bed rest is, but please know my thoughts and prayers are with you right now!

July 12th, 2006, 03:14 PM
*~Candy~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you so much girls for the support and advice.
Ethan's mommy- wow that sounds like you went through alot of what I am going through. I wish they would give me shot for his lungs just to be safe. I am going weekly to have my cervix checked so we will see how that changes (lets hope it doesn't) and as far as the brethine I am only supposed to take it when I contract but I was contracting yesterday and didn't even feel them!!! I really hope I can make it to at least 35 weeks weeks- sounds like Ethan did really well for being early and that gives me hope!! I will keep all you ladies posted. Thanks for the replies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search