New here......

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By lindsey2000k
  • 1 Post By l1i2v3
  • 1 Post By silverlife
  • 1 Post By Parisa

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2012, 04:50 PM
Hi ladies. I was recommended to come here. I am fairly new to Just Mommies.
I am 34 years old and married. I work as an Early Childhood Educator....well, I aint working right now! I have decided to start my mat leave quite early.
Anyways, my husband and I are expecting a boy to be born on June 13. Last year we lost our baby and I was four months along. I have never got over the loss. My family never really allowed me to grieve, becuz they could not handle the pain themselves........This pregnancy has brought out the worst in me. It makes me feel soooo guilty becuz is this not the time to be sooo naturally high from life? I thought there is something called a pregnancy glow? Where is it? To be honest, I cannot even stand myself. I am stuck inside a world of misery. I am gonna describe my symptoms:
For a few minutes I suddenly feel so happy, almost sooo hyper and excited about everything. Then over a matter of half a sec, I crash so badly. And when i crash, nothing bad happens to make me crash all of a sudden, I just crash. I get into this mood of feeling worthless, in pain, worried, sad and somtimes suicidal. Then I try to think of happy thoughts and i try to cheer myself up....but the more I concentrate get myself outta the rut, the worse it gets. I know for those who have not experienced this , they may say: well, be happy, dont think about it. I never understood people with depression either. NOW i GET IT. It is not within my control. My mind controls all my thoughts, and once i get into those moods, nothing will bring me back out, it feels horribe. I feel like suffocating......like I am stuck in this box.
Then , I fight with my hubby all the time, I cry over everything, I am ovr sensitive. I make a big deal outta nothing.......crap!
I aint taking this pregn thing for granted, but I hate being pregnant, is that normal?
March 2nd, 2012, 07:40 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
Not normal, but quite common. You need to get to the Dr and let him know what you have told us. Im fairly sure you are suffering for depression and you know the good thing is that if you start treating for it now, you can avoid the post partum depression after, which is pretty much what you are experiencing now, except without the addition of a newborn, exhaustion, body issues etc.
Just go get some help. you will be amazed at how much better you will feel. Dont wait until after baby arrives, there are safe meds you can take while pregnant. Good luck!

[/url
March 2nd, 2012, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobi4 View Post
Not normal, but quite common. You need to get to the Dr and let him know what you have told us. Im fairly sure you are suffering for depression and you know the good thing is that if you start treating for it now, you can avoid the post partum depression after, which is pretty much what you are experiencing now, except without the addition of a newborn, exhaustion, body issues etc.
Just go get some help. you will be amazed at how much better you will feel. Dont wait until after baby arrives, there are safe meds you can take while pregnant. Good luck!
Hi, i am going to the doc March 13, and will for sure say somethin.
And ur right, I might as well get treated now than later....the more I leave it, the worse it gets...
Thank you so much!
March 2nd, 2012, 07:59 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
You are welcome, I just want to see you healthy so you are here happily bragging about how perfect your son is, four months from now!

[/url
March 3rd, 2012, 07:42 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
I agree with everything said above.
The pregancy hormones are making everything worse for you right now. If you feel its getting worse I might call into your DR office before the 13th.
Parisa likes this.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
March 3rd, 2012, 08:36 AM
Super Mommy
Welcome. Glad to have you here!

I also agree with what has been said above. Glad that you said you will mention it to your doctor.
Parisa likes this.
March 3rd, 2012, 10:27 AM
silverlife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((hugs)) So sorry for your loss.

It does sound like depression. Add to that grief/mourning and pregnancy hormones and it's no wonder you're feeling like you are. I agree with the others that treatment now will help you.

And congratulations on your pregnancy!
Parisa likes this.
March 3rd, 2012, 12:55 PM
thank you so much ladies. I am now crying becuz ur all soooo sweet!
why can't I have more friends like u guys in my everyday life?????
Love u all......
March 3rd, 2012, 01:07 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisa View Post
Love u all......
The ladies here are just wonderful
I don't know how I would have made it through the last year with the loss of 3 pregnancys and my doggy with out these ladies.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
March 4th, 2012, 05:11 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Welcome! I agree with the other ladies about telling your doctor. The medicine will really help you and you will be surprised at how you feel once everything is straightened out.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

March 4th, 2012, 07:23 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisa View Post
Love u all......
I think most of us feel the same. We all share something really significant, we have all known the pain of losing a baby and unless you have been through it you just cant understand it. And with all of us having been there, we have compassion for eachother, that our everyday friends struggle with. So lean on us, theres always one of us around!

[/url
March 5th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with the other ladies. It sounds like depression and on top of that, Ph hormones. Talk to your doctor, don't be afraid to tell them all the details, just as you told us.

March 5th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Thank you Patti!
In fact, ever since u guys have been giving me advice, I cannot wait to get into my doc office. The thought of feeling better excites me soooo much. I need to get on top of things before my marriage crumbles....
Thank you so much!
Pitridge likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search