Update on the twins *pic heavy*

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2012, 07:21 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The boys are now 16 days old, and are still in the NICU. It has been an extremely difficult journey. Keagan, despite being the big guy, has had the majority of the issues. He was on CPAP for several days and then a nasal canula for several days. He had issues with his bilirubin levels and needed photo therapy, and he has been very slow on his feeds. Greyson, my peanut, has only had some issues with reflux. Feeding has been their final hurdle for the last week. Greyson will suck down 60mL with no problem. Keagan, on the other hand, doesn't like to wake up for feeds, and he takes forever to eat.

On Friday I came to the realization that I really don't like the neonatologist that rotated in at the beginning of the week. He kept talking about keeping the babies until Keagan wakes up for all of his feeds and takes them all in 20-25 minutes. I got a bit nasty with him and informed him that I can wake him up at home to eat every 3-4 hours, and him taking a long time to eat is our problem that we can deal with at home. I could tell that he was less than thrilled with me, and I told DH that he was going to suddenly come up with another reason that the boys had to stay.

Later that night he came and told us that Keagan needed a sleep study for throwing a brady the night before last. No one ever mentioned that he did that. Then last night when we went up they were scheduling Greyson for a sleep study. The moron didn't even have the right kid. I had the nurse check the boys' charts, and it turns out the brady that he's testing for happened over a week ago, not the other night. He's a completely different baby than he was over a week ago. I have a very sneaky suspicion that this idiot wants to keep them because of the money they're getting from our insurance company. After I threw my fit on Friday he said that he was tentatively set on Monday being their release date. I made sure to let their nurses (who are wonderful) know last night that none of my frustration was with them, just the doctor, and that if he didn't release the boys Monday unless a a provable reason I find appropriate comes up I would be contacting a lawyer and removing them to take them to another hospital. The way they were talking to me last night makes me know that my assessment of this guy being a douche bag is correct. So, hopefully they'll be home tomorrow. I find myself really angry that this moron has colored our already heart wrenching experience this way. The first three neonatologists we dealt with were awesome. This guy, not so much! All of this has helped fuel a raging case of PPD that I'm hoping will get better once they're home. Here are some pics of my munchkins.

Greyson

Greyson

Keagan

their nurse wanted to a Picture People type photo shoot the other night

Keagan

Keagan

Greyson

Greyson

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

March 4th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Sorry you've had to deal with a crappy doctor, but I am glad you were able to get our way. Cute pictures!
March 4th, 2012, 08:45 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Doctors really tick me off!

I feel my father is running into a similar situation with them wanting more money.

Anyway... another topic for another day!

The boys are just gorgeous! I hope they go home tomorrow!!!!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

March 4th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Your boys are adorable! I'm sorry for the crappy doctor. Hopefully you'll be bringing your babies home tomorrow and you won't have to deal with him anymore.
March 4th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The boys are so adorable!!

Sorry you are having such a difficult time with the doctor!

Jan 2010 August 2011

March 4th, 2012, 01:24 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
WOW Douche bag is right. I hate that I have that feeling about 80% of al DR's I have ran into they will make things sound worse then they are just for the $$$$$
SO glad your boys are doing wonderful and will be home soon.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
March 4th, 2012, 02:11 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
That is why I love my OB. She will go out of her way to make sure that I do not have to spend money if not needed. I am sorry that he was being an ***. I hope you get those beautiful babies home tomorrow and get to enjoy them properly!

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
March 4th, 2012, 04:04 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I am SO sorry about the doctors. That seems like my hospital days with Marsi to a t. The day she was supposed to come home, another thing came up. I hated the doctor and ended up going over her head to get my baby home when I did. It is miserable and I am so sorry. New parents to children needing a little extra care shouldn't have to go through this crap. I really hope your PPD gets better when they come home. I ended up needing medication, but I had issues prior to pregnancy.

Your boys are beautiful! I love picture overloads!!!!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 4th, 2012, 04:06 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I can't imagine having to deal with a jerk over something so important. That totally sucks! I hope that he shapes up and your men can come home tomorrow

Greyson looks just like your older boy, at least I think so! They are certainly adorable.
March 4th, 2012, 04:13 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
I hate jack hat doctors. I hope your boys get to come home on Monday. They're adorable in their pictures.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

March 4th, 2012, 04:46 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Sorry your dealing with a crappy doctor but I'm so glad the boys should be coming home tomorrow! They are adorable Sometimes you just have to stand up to the doctors and I really think that once they are home safe and sound with you things will be 100% better.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

March 4th, 2012, 07:18 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
Thanks for updating! Ive been wondering how everyone is doing, Im so glad to hear they are doing so well! What are they weighing now?

[/url
March 4th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry the doc is a jerk. I hope your boys go home tomorrow, and GOSH they are cute!

March 4th, 2012, 08:27 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I hate dr's like that. I really hope they get to come home tomorrow. They are so precious.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

March 5th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Super Mommy
Oh they're just precious!

Sorry you have to deal with such a jerk, I hope the boys get to come home soon!
March 5th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope the boys do get to go home today. Some doctor's are idiots.

March 6th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I read your other post first, the one where the boys DID come home, I am so glad they were able to. I just wanted to say that these pics are so adorable and I am glad you are away from that DB of a doc!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search