Defending my pregnancy....

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By stargatemommy
  • 1 Post By dreamer10

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I told my family that I was expecting #2 and no one got excited. They ask me how far along I am, if I have seen a heartbeat or not, etc. I feel like they are reserving their excitement for when they know it's a for sure thing! It is super frustrating, and I felt like I needed to defend my pregnancy. I told them that I am almost 7 weeks, and most of my losses happen before 5 weeks. I also mentioned I am on prometrium and that I feel like this is a good pregnancy.

I really am not worried about this pregnancy, there is actually no doubt in my mind that I will have another child come October, and I just wish people would be positive and be happy for me! I shouldn't have to prove it's a good pregnancy. I am a pregnant woman and you should just support me!

Ok rant over, now for the good news!

I got my ultrasound results back. They saw a yolk sac an an embryo measuring 6 weeks (I was 6w2d but very easily could be off) they some some cardiac activity, but couldn't capture it to estimate BPM. I have a tilted uterus, so I am surprised they even saw that! I have another scan next Tuesday at MFM, where they have GREAT machines and big screens on the ceiling for mom to watch, and they explain everything as they go.
humnck and l1i2v3 like this.

March 6th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry your family is being difficult, I find that to be a coping mechanism, it's a way of protecting themselves in case something happens. Now they could also be a bit supportive and be happy.
I was almost 8 week when I told my mom and she didn't seem to excited which pissed me off, but as time when by, she was better.
Glad they finally called you back, happy it was good news! When you go back next Tuesday you will be able to see a h/b

March 6th, 2012, 01:04 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Glad you saw what you needed to see today. I can understand family. I thought my brother and his wife would be thrilled but they were too nervous to be happy about it. Now that I'm much further along, they're excited about their new nephew. Give it time.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

March 6th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I think it's more of a coping mechanism. My husband was very worried about this pregnancy at first because of our previous losses. Hopefully given some time your family will come around. How can they not be excited . . you obviously make gorgeous babies.

YAY, I'm so glad you got good news from the ultrasound. I can't wait to hear about your next ultrasound!

Jan 2010 August 2011

March 6th, 2012, 01:23 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Boo for an unsupportive family, but yay for a heartbeat! None of my family was excited for me at first. I guess they still see me as a pregnant teenager eleven years ago. They still think I will not be able to survive with another baby. *sigh*

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
March 6th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hopefully they'll come around. My mom has never shown excitement about any of my pregnancies (not even the first which was the one that made her a grandma). But she's always been thrilled about her new grandbabies.
March 6th, 2012, 01:44 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Yay for a good ultrasound!!!

sorry everyone seems so gaurded about your pregnancy... they did with mine until about 20 weeks.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
March 6th, 2012, 02:38 PM
dreamer10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry about the family thing. I have had to go through the same exact thing. With Brynlee it was horrible. Most of my family just looked at me like "Your so pathetic! Your happy when you most likely will just have another miscarriage!" I actually confronted someone in my family just this week about how she reacted when I told her...."Kinda feelin dumb now that your looking into the eyes of my baby, huh?" We laughed about it, but I was more serious than she thinks! So boo on them!

I forget your here in Salt Lake, aren't you? I had my 20 week u/s over there at MFM at IMC (which my husband has dubbed "The Death Star")....
stargatemommy likes this.

Our rainbow baby Brynlee Sue was born August 17th after four heartbreaking loses! Life is an amazing journey. Hang on, keep your faith and try to always move forward!
March 6th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, that is this MFM I go to. They have some pretty fantastic equipment there! It just bums me out. I don't like assuming the worst about Mouse, and that's what my family seems to be doing. Like they expect me to lose him/her.

March 6th, 2012, 03:26 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Have faith girly. I kept my faith with this one and even though I was terrified, I had faith that it would be ok. I am still praying on a daily basis, and really that is all we can do. I'll pray for you if you want, but I honestly have a great feeling about this pregnancy since you announced it.

Plus know that the girls here will always be supportive. They kept me sane when my family put me down.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
March 6th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry. I hate telling people since you never get the support you need. I don't tell anyone until I can't hide a belly anymore since I don't like the comments.

March 6th, 2012, 03:35 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I agree with the other ladies about the coping mechanism. I know for even my DH when I find out I'm pregnant he's more worried and scared than excited and it does hurt but I get it. I'm glad you got good news at ultrasound. How exciting that you get another ultrasound next week!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

March 6th, 2012, 07:25 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
I am sorry your family isn't being supportive right now

My mom said she is waiting until after the baby is here before she sends us anything for Emily. I feel like it is because she is waiting for something bad to happen. It sucks.

I am happy you saw a hb today

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
March 7th, 2012, 07:11 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Everyone just copes differently. I think wishing they responded better will just make you more frustrated. For me, it was opposite...I was the terrified "waiting for the other shoe to drop" person, while my family was over-the-moon thrilled. And that was hard because I knew I would have to deal with their disappointments if we did lose the baby. As long as you feel good about it, that is all that matters. They will come around in time.
March 7th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay for good u/s results!

Boo for the family not being excited. Sometimes I think that people don't understand, if you are excited about it and comfortable with everything, why can't they be?

Well, we are excited for you, congrats

March 7th, 2012, 09:20 AM
dreamer10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your not thinking the worst about Mouse, your just hoping for the best and want to see your baby...that's all! There's a big difference there! Keep your chin up and don't lose that hope and faith you have going on...it serves you well!

Our rainbow baby Brynlee Sue was born August 17th after four heartbreaking loses! Life is an amazing journey. Hang on, keep your faith and try to always move forward!
March 7th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Super Mommy
Happy for you!

I agree with what the others have said, that it's just a coping mechanism. When I told Matt (bf) that I was pregnant with Olivia, he didn't get excited at all. All he said when I FIRST told him was "well, we will see what happens" because he didn't want to get excited and then lose it. That being said, it TOTALLY SUCKS and I hope they come around for you soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search