A tad frustrated...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2012, 07:14 AM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
Well these last 2 days I have been so thirsty like drinking 8 bottles of water a day! (That's a lot for me figuring I'm such a horrible water drinker :/) Well I read online that's an early sign of gestational diabetes... And since I have PCOS the insulin resistance AND was 25 pounds over weight before I got pregnant I knew I was at risk... So I call my OB asking if I can get the test earlier than 28 weeks... They refused and told me I would be "just fine". I'm sorry I just wanted to make sure it's under control if I do have it... Anyone know if their is any huge risks that if I do have it waiting another month will do?

Anyway, I finally got over the flu. After 8 hours of throwing up I finally started to hold some liquids down. Now I didn't eat for 36 hours but at least I was getting fluids.

As for a bittersweet thing... I'm ordering Ava's crib bedding today because my tax return came and it's on sale on Amazon... It's very exciting cause it's very cute but of course makes me nervous whenever I buy new things...

Ava also has had decreased movements the last 2 days... Which I told my OB about also and they weren't concerned. Oh jeeze. Pregnancy is stressful.

Sorry for this pointless rant/update. I just had to write it somewhere!

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
March 7th, 2012, 07:51 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
It honestly might just be that your dehydrated from having the flu and that might be why your so thirsty. If the doctors aren't worried about it and it's still really bothering you then it never hurts to call another doctor and get a second opinion if it's going to help with your stress. Another thing you could do is watch your sugar intake.

What does her bedding look like? Share a picture! Amazon has such cute bedding sets

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

March 7th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree, the water intake could be because you were dehydrated. About taking the test early, I don't know when I did it with DS but I want to say it was 26 weeks. If you are still worry call another doctor for a second opinion. When is your next dr appointment?

March 7th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
You can also become very thirsty if your sodium levels are too hgih, I am always an advocator for exercise to help regulate blood sugar and blood pressure. So a brisk walk may help with that.

Just try to watch what you eat, it's much easier to eat too much salt these days then sugar.

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
March 7th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree, the thirst could be from dehydration due to the vomiting and being sick. Or high sodium intake if you have been eating a lot of bland things like saltines because you were sick, etc. The glucose test is typically done between 24 and 28 weeks, so you should be fine, but if it is causing undue stress, I would definitely call another doc and get a 2nd opinion, or ask to speak directly to your doc so you can explain why you are concerned (your history). Perhaps they will then order it earlier.

And please share a pic of the bedding

March 7th, 2012, 11:39 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
I too think it's just dehydration from being sick. Hope that's all it is.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

March 7th, 2012, 01:21 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
I agree with them that I bet your just trying to recover still from the flu.

http://lindseysphotography.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search