We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
So I went in for my regular appointment today and the doctor seemed concerned that I was still having braxton hicks after my hospital stay last week. She was also very concerned about my blood sugar spiking and the dipping so low. I was kind of rushed, but only because there was an emergency at the hospital she needed to get to. I won't repeat what I overheard, because it was really sad.
Anyway, my BP was 127/66 which I guess is normal (I thought it sounded high, but I guess not), I have now gained 27lbs total! I am so not happy about that but she thinks it can be due to my blood sugar issues. At my u/s last week the baby was measuring 1.6 lbs, so he is going to be a big one. I will most likely have to start 17P shots to stop me from having daily braxton hicks, and I have to start seeing a high risk doctor for my maybe partial placenta previa. She wanted me to have another u/s just to be sure because she does not trust the hospital's ultrasounds that much. She wants to be extra careful. I now just have to wait for the referal to go through and they will call me with my high risk appointment.
Also, seeing how it has been 1 year next month since my pap, she wants me to have another one next visit in 2 weeks! I do not know how I feel about that. To tell you the truth I am terrified of it irrating things. I guess we'll see what happens.
Wow, that was alot for one appt! Sounds like your hypoglacymic (msp) with your sugars crashing so low, thats what I had. It would not effect your weight gain or the size of your baby as diabietes (msp) does, but obviously, if she/you are concerned you should have another glucose test done. I also gained over 50lbs with my last pregnancy, but was not diabetic. (I started at a normal weight, 127lbs)
As for the pap in your late 2nd trimester....I would personally wait it out till your first PP visit. If your already having an abnormal amount of BH's, its only going to add to it, unless your high risk for cervical cancer. But Im not very fond of pap's during pregnancy, have not had one with my last three baby's, always after they are born.
Baby sounds like he's doing great! The he** we go through to have our rainbows, praying all go's well with your next u/s and the BH's slow down.
momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!
Can she do the pap after you have the baby? With DS, the ob did not do it until after DS was born, with this one, she did it at my first appointment.
It sounds like the baby is doing good. I agree it sounds like a lot for one appointment, I hope they call you soon for your referral.
I have had cervical cancer cells before and a LEEP to remove them. I might just beg her not too next appointment. It really terrifies me to have one done so late in the pregnancy. My pap last year in April came out ok, so I don't know why she wants one done.
I would also refuse the pap until after he is born. I know I've been asked twice now when I've been pregnant for them to do the pap and I have told them no. I hope they can get your sugar levels regulated hun and the contractions stopped.
My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11 Expecting my baby boy May 9th Emergency cerclage put in 12/24
I hope your high risk appt goes well and you get some things worked out. It does sound like you are having some hypoglycemia issues. My mom had them bad in her pregnancies, so they monitored me for it (not sure why, my pregnancies are nothing like hers at all). But hopefully they get it figured out.
I would also refuse the PAP. It is not like they could do anything even if the results showed something to be concerned about. That's what my midwife told me. It would just give you cause to worry and it does not sound like you need any more of that!!
Are you having a planned c-section? Or will the previa change labor plans? I can't recall what your plans were. Just wondering
We do not know at all what the plan is now. I guess we are waiting to see what happens with the placenta. I still have not heard anything from the high risk doc, so I may call today and see what is going on with the appointment.
I am definately going to let her know too that I do not want the pap right now. I just do not want to risk it so late in pregnancy.
I just REALLY do not want a c-section or anything close to it. I know what will happen will happen, but I really wanted James to experience real labor and delivery with me.