Are you having more or done?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2012, 03:13 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Are you going to try for more are are you done now that you have your rainbow baby?
Why or why not?

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

March 9th, 2012, 03:52 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
It is unlikely that I will have more because I am older than I'd want to be for more kids. However, I am not going to have any operations to ensure that I don't have any either.
March 9th, 2012, 05:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are done. I'm going to be 34 and DH will be 41 this year, and we don't want to still be raising children when we are retired! Also, I would be very high-risk, and I would have to drive to a hospital 2 hrs away at least once per week to see the high risk OB, and I would require weekly treatments of IV immunoglobulin (sp?), and I'm not exactly keen on that. It makes me sad, though. The idea that I'm done.

March 9th, 2012, 05:25 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
I am done after this. DH is getting the big V this summer.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
March 9th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Super Mommy
We aren't done. I'd really like one more. I've always wanted two children, and I absolutely adore having Olivia in our family, but it just doesn't quite seem "complete" yet.
March 9th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not done. I really want one more after this little one.

Jan 2010 August 2011

March 9th, 2012, 06:15 AM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
This will be my first and DH and I are very young. We will probably have a couple more.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
March 9th, 2012, 06:18 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
We are done. One I'm 41, and we really can't afford 3 in daycare and waiting longer isn't an option. Two- The mental and physical toll TTCAL has taken on me I don't think I can go through it all again. We wanted two and we got (or soon will have) our two.

March 9th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am clearly having more! LOL. After this one I think we are done. Atleast for 5 years or so, and then we will reassess our situation, and decide if we want/can afford another. We honestly shouldn't be having this one at this point, it will be rough for a few months....

March 9th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We have always said we wanted 3, this will be our 2nd, we will see how this goes and then decide By the time we even think about a 3rd, DD will be in elementary school (scary thought...lol), so daycare costs would just be for 2 most likely, unless we wait longer than I think we will. Time will tell for us...

March 9th, 2012, 07:37 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got my tubes tied so I am done... If I was just a few years younger I would have had 1 more. I still really want one more but like Sam, the mental anguish of loss coupled with the physical part it all was just rough.

I am so grateful for my Scarlett... she is so spoiled with love

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

March 9th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by humnck View Post
By the time we even think about a 3rd, DD will be in elementary school (scary thought...lol), so daycare costs would just be for 2 most likely, unless we wait longer than I think we will. Time will tell for us...
Same here. I want 3 and DH knows that, by the time we go for the third DS will be in elementary school, so only 2 in daycare. We will have to see how financially well off we are when the time comes.

March 9th, 2012, 07:58 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
We're done. We were supposed to be done after lil Kev, but that went out the window. I can't do this again. Granted this pg has been easier than the one with my son, but still. I'm not getting any younger, this makes 4 kids for us, and my eldest is going to be 16 and off to college soon. It's time to stop making babies, raise the ones I have, and enjoy my DH.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

March 9th, 2012, 08:09 AM
mom2moose
We're done. I got the Essure procedure a couple months ago. I'm 36 years old. I hated the scary-ness of pregnancy, hated BEING pregnant, and am just tired. LOL I love my kids and I feel like my family is perfect and complete the way it is.
March 9th, 2012, 08:10 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
We are not done. We will probably actively try again in November/December of this year. We would like one, maybe two, more. If we are so blessed. I have always wanted a four and DH is on board with that. We are going to pay off some bills first and get the boys a little older. But honestly, I could do another pregnancy now. It was stressful, but miraculous. So I am totally up for it again, losses and all.
March 9th, 2012, 08:18 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're done. If I had a body that would cooperate, and we won the lottery we'd have a houseful. Pre-e got me at 38 weeks with DS, 36 weeks with DD, and 33w6d with the twins, and that's early enough for me to not want to risk an earlier delivery. It makes me sad to be done, but I find some relief in not having to get on the TTC roller coaster again. All 4 of my kids are rainbow babies, and that's enough for me. We are blessed.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

March 9th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think this is my last pregnancy. But I'm not willing to do any surgery until at least 5 years from now. So who knows if I might change my mind or get a surprise during that time.
March 9th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
Since this is our first and I am still relatively young I am totally having more! Granted I can, I still worry about that.

Ideally we are going for a family size of 3-4, I want to try to have them sort of close together. Both me and DH had huge age differences with our own siblings and I don't want my kids to have to be 10+ years age difference between each other.

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
March 9th, 2012, 11:32 AM
dreamer10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think this is it for us! After 14 pregnancies, 10 kids, 4 in Heaven and lots and lots of stress we need to call it quits! I have to slap myself on the back for getting this far....right? I am 41 and now it's time to raise the kiddos I have and look forward to grandkids. It might be closer than I think.....my oldest will be 20 this year!!!!
mom2moose likes this.

Our rainbow baby Brynlee Sue was born August 17th after four heartbreaking loses! Life is an amazing journey. Hang on, keep your faith and try to always move forward!
March 10th, 2012, 01:20 PM
cheryl22's Avatar Veteran
DH wants 5 more. But i guess only time will tell. I dont do birth control and im only 23 so DH might just get that 5.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search