Worrisome?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By humnck

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had an appt yesterday, all was great then. However, I woke in the middle of the night with a horrid stomach pain, I am talking shooting pain across the top of my belly, definitely not a contraction and while I was having this pain, the baby was doing somersaults/acrobatics. This morning I felt some movement, today, it has been very little and far between. I just felt a couple of slight thuds, but am wondering, do you think I should be worried? I am trying to tell myself the sleep pattern has just changed, but I know you all understand, it's hard not to worry when things change!

I should mention, this pain in my stomach has been causing some BH's...but, my doc told me if they aren't countable and not coming 4 or more an hour, I shouldn't worry. Help! LOL! I am pretty sure all is fine, it's just got me worried...

March 9th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a similar pain a while back and the doctor told me it was nothing to worry about, thing shifting and taking longer to digest. Maybe since the baby was awake at night be might be sleeping now. Have you called your doctor's office? I would call the doctor ans ask if it's normal.

March 9th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't called them yet. Trying to get the little bugger to move...lol!

March 9th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Have tried ice? or something really cold, that always got DS moving.

March 9th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am drinking some cold water...I just put a call into my doc, something must be wrong with their phone system though, because it is not even 4 and it says they are closed and normal hours are 8 to 4:30. I was able to leave a message at their other site, but it wasn't on a nurse line...ugh! I may try their emergency line, but when it isn't off hours, that doesn't usually work.

March 9th, 2012, 01:00 PM
with the cold water, isn't working? Is the baby moving? I hope they call you back fast.

March 9th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
THere is a little bit of movement, so I am feeling a little better, but not much, I am at work or I would lie down on my side, that is usually what works for me. I might leave here early, especially because if they want me to go in, home is closer to the hospital then here. Why does this happen the day after an appt? Not the day of or before...ugh!

March 9th, 2012, 01:07 PM
I'm sorry

March 9th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Have you heard from the doctor's office????

March 9th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Hopefully all is well. I have long periods of no movement, even at 34 weeks.
March 9th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
All is well, I left work cause I just didn't feel so great. I got a glass of water, laid on the couch and baby went nuts and the pain/cramping lessened. Thanks, ladies!!
missy123 likes this.

March 10th, 2012, 07:25 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Phew... I am glad all was ok!!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

March 10th, 2012, 01:06 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Wow I am just seeing this! I am glad that you are feeling better now! When I get shooting pains like that on the top of my stomach it is usually extra acid from all the heart burn and my ulcers mixing. It was probably something similar.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
March 11th, 2012, 04:34 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Glad to hear all is well with you and the baby. I hate that PAL always makes you worry and not be able to enjoy the pregnancy.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

March 12th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Sorry I didn't check in all weekend I am so relieve to know that everything is ok with you and the baby.

March 13th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
NO problem, Patty, I haven't been on all weekend either

The baby has been going nuts again today...haha! And, clearly my phone call went to a voicemail that isn't checked, because I did not receive a call back. I know it wasn't the nurse's line, I am pretty sure there was a phone issue when I called, because I called the number that usually picks up and they transfer me, but it said the office was closed, hours are 8-4:30 (it was only 3:45), then when I called the other office, it rang and rang, didn't go through the press this for this person, etc. Oh well, I would have called the emergency line if I had needed to, but I didn't. Thanks for the encouragement, ladies!

March 13th, 2012, 10:25 AM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
This happened to me the other night!

I had like a horrible pain right on top of my stomach... Probably exactly where the top of my uterus is! It was like a cramping pulling pain! It put me in tears. I cried to my husband and it kept me up for 4 hours! I almost went to L&D. It did let up so I didn't worry again. But I will bring it up next appointment.

My baby also has had less movement. I think she flipped and is now feet down cause I've had no high kicks like I used too. Only low kicks and less.

Pregnancy is strange!

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
March 14th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It is strange, Kayla

My pain was definitely stomach pain and I think it may have been gas related, but it was more the lack of movement that had me. I think baby just liked the gurgling that was happening and it was probably lulled to sleep

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search