Pregnant, so far, and a nervous wreck!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2012, 06:09 PM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi, my name is Angie, and for the past several months I've been popping in and out of the TTC After Loss forum. I was married in 2000, got pregnant the first time in 2009 and miscarried twins at 9 weeks. I got pregnant again in June of last year, and had a missed miscarriage in August.

This week, March 11th was my EDD for my second pregnancy, and after being certain AF was coming (this was our 2nd month of actively TTC with clomid and progesterone suppositories), I had a BFP on Wednesday.

The doctor got me in right away on Thursday, did a pap, pelvic, and breast exam, then sent me down for betas. I go back Monday morning for another draw, and then I'm supposed to call Monday afternoon to compare the two draws.

All that being said... I am a nervous wreck!! My first pregnancy was totally unexpected, and I didn't even know I was pregnant until 2 weeks before I miscarried.

The second time, I was a little apprehensive, but honestly didn't think bad luck would strike me twice.

This time, I don't feel like I can breath until we at least get our first ultra sound. I don't even want to start hoping and planning.

As far as symptoms, all I notice so far is difficulty taking my medicine and brushing my teeth, and having extremely sore stomach muscles .

So please, allow me to lurk for a while, and send lots of sticky dust. I honestly don't know how this is going to turn out.

March 10th, 2012, 07:20 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh you don't need to lurk, feel free to join in! We understand what you are going through. I never thought I would go through 4 losses to actually have my baby. It is all scary! Are they keeping you on the progesterone?

((hugs)) You are among friends here.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

March 10th, 2012, 07:32 AM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the welcome! With all these raging hormones, I go from feeling excited to the depths of despair in no time. Feeling positive today, though!

Yes, the doctor says I will stay on the progesterone until week 10. His hope is that it will give the little one a fighting chance until the placenta is ready to take over. Last time, we saw a faint little heartbeat at our 6 week ultra sound, but at the 8 week ultra sound, it appeared the heartbeat had stopped soon after we had seen it the first time.

I am with a new doctor, as my former one left her practice last year, and he really makes me believe we can make this happen. I can't wait to go in Monday & see how my hcg is doing.

Thanks again for the welcome and support! I appreciate having somewhere to go where people know what I've been through.

March 10th, 2012, 07:40 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like your doctor is being proactive with the progesterone. My levels were never on the real low end but I feel it was a contributing factor for me having Scarlett.

It is not just the hormones that will give you that up and down roller-coaster feeling about pregnancy... the depth of the pain that pregnancy loss causes also comes into play. I have 3 older boys that I had when I was in my early 20's. I never had any miscarriages or a care in the world. With my middle son I had partial placenta previa, was put on bedrest and still never got scared. Once we experience loss it puts our mind in a different place. We know the dark side and it is something we would never wish upon our worst enemy.

Through this whole pregnancy you will worry in different ways than those that have never had a loss. It is ok, it is normal, and we are here for you.

Oh, my bad - CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR PREGNANCY!!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

March 10th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

We got our BFP on the same day! I'm also going back and forth between scared out of my mind, hopeful, and excited. It sounds like you have a great doctor who is going to help make sure you get your baby!!

March 11th, 2012, 04:30 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Welcome!!!! And on your pregnancy Like Missy said please join right in with us. The ladies here know what your going through and are full of helpful information. Your doctor sounds like a great doctor that is really proactive. I hope your betas look amazing and please keep us posted!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search