When did you take the tags off?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2012, 02:10 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
When did you take the tags off your baby stuff?

When did you open all your baby stuff?

When did you wash your baby clothes?

I got over the fear of buying stuff... I have been buying stuff like crazy... Now I just can't take the tags off!!! It's like a pile of brand new baby stuff just sitting in a room. Haha I also still have ALL my receipts.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
March 10th, 2012, 04:57 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Well I had my diapers still in the bag still, but my hubby went through everything today and starting opening things and putting stuff away. I won't take tags off of things until I wash them, which will probably be around my nesting period. So maybe 30-34ish weeks? Maybe after my baby shower too when I get so much stuff.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
March 10th, 2012, 09:00 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
I still have tags on several of Emily's clothes...probably won't take them off until about 36ish weeks or so. I will probably wash her clothes a couple of weeks from her due date....maybe I will do that Easter weekend

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
March 10th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
When did you take the tags off your baby stuff? Right before i put them on baby.

When did you open all your baby stuff? After she was born

When did you wash your baby clothes? After she wore them the first time.

But this had more to do with my first baby being a fast grower and outgrowing thing having never worn them thatn my three losses. My second third and fourth babies are slow growers... but you never can tell!

March 11th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When did you take the tags off your baby stuff? I won't take the tags off until right before the baby wears them. That's only because I don't want to take tags off if they don't get to wear it because they grow to fast or something. LOL

When did you open all your baby stuff? Cloth diapers will be opened and washed, I'll open other things as we need them, or prep stuff before baby comes.

When did you wash your baby clothes? I'll wash the new stuff right before I start putting them on the baby. I'll wash the other used stuff before baby is born.

Jan 2010 August 2011

March 11th, 2012, 07:36 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
When did you take the tags off your baby stuff?
Tags are still on and everything is laying in piles or bags with the receipts still.

When did you open all your baby stuff?
I will probably wash the bedding and stuff soon... but this is not new its from DD. All the new stuff probably about 36-37 weeks but I am not going to open everything. Diapers, bottle nipples ect I am going to wait until baby is here.

When did you wash your baby clothes?
36 weeks I think I am going to take the tages off and wash the 1 and only NB outfit I have and maybe 2 of the 3mo sleepers. Once baby is here then I will take tags off the rest and wash it. Part of my reason is im scared but the other part is because DD was almost 8 pounds and very chubby most of her NB stuff never got used and it was all washed and tags off. So until baby is born and I see if he is 6 pounds or 9 pounds I really don't know what clothing I am going to need. OR if something happens and baby is a premie it will totally screw up the seasons of clothing I have bought so far so I will need to take them back to get premie or new born stuff.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
March 11th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Super Mommy
For things like the crib, change table, dresser, etc. I opened those immediately and set them up.

For things like pacifiers, diapers, etc. I took those out of the packages as soon as I got them and put them into their places (right around the time of my shower - which was a month and 6 days before she was born)

For clothes, I took the tags off and washed them right before she would wear them. Even still all of the tags aren't off. She is in 12 months but I have a ton of 18 months and 24 months clothes too, and the tags are still on both of those sizes. Not really sure why.
March 12th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I believe with Ds it was about 34 weeks when I started taking tags out and washing his clothes. Diaper were out of the box but still in bags. The receipts I saved until I knew that the item was ok and I did not need to return it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search