Trying not to freak out - UPDATE! :)

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree23Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I finally made is to 6 weeks and then woke up to brown/rust colored spotting yesterday morning. I've been cramping a lot off and on but I kept telling myself that was normal. Now, I can't shake the feeling that this pregnancy is already over. This is exactly how my first miscarriage went minus the cramping. I know this can all be normal but I'm totally freaking out over here. Spotting seems to be gone, never had much after that initial occurance, but I have light cramps pretty much all the time now. I hope it's baby settling in, but I honestly don't believe that.

Last edited by Leanne78; March 15th, 2012 at 09:34 AM.
March 11th, 2012, 09:00 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
HUGS mama!!! I've had several rounds of spotting with this pregnancy and it always scared me when it happened. I think it makes it more scary when you've had a loss(es). Try to hang in there and take it moment by moment!!

=May '05 and '11

March 11th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I know PAL is hard! If it makes you feel better, I bled throughout my entire first trimester with Peter. I was so sure I was losing him, because that is all I knew, and all my losses started with spotting.

I truly hope everything is ok, but I am not going to bother saying don't stress and worry, because I now it isn't possible!

Here are some hugs for you!

March 11th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been keeping you and your little one in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad you still haven't had any more spotting. I hope everything turns out okay!

March 11th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Thanks ladies. I feel a teeny tiny bit better today since there doesn't appear to be anymore spotting. If I drink a TON and I do mean a TON of water, the cramps seem to stay at bay. I just have to pee every 5 minutes! I'm still getting a little nauseous here and there and I couldn't stand the smell of breakfast this morning so I'm really hoping those are all good signs. I'm just so used to disappointment that it's hard to get my hopes up much.

March 11th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I understand. I'm petrified today because even though my tests are nice and dark now, today is the day AF would be due so going to the bathroom just feels like the call of doom. It doesn't help that I'm having a lot of creamy CM and it feels similar to how AF would feel.

March 11th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm praying so hard for you!!! I had the cramping at 6 weeks too. Please keep us posted!!

Jan 2010 August 2011

March 11th, 2012, 11:25 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you had to strain to go to the bathroom at all? When I was pregnant with Scarlett I had some light bleeding and cramping and thought for sure I was losing her. (It was around 7 weeks). I remember being in the Emergency room and crying... my husband was just holding my hand telling me we would get through it all. He was trying to stay calm and not cry but he was feeling it all with me.

Turns out it was from me straining with Bowl movements and caused some irritation down there or something like that....

(((hugs))) praying for you!!!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

March 11th, 2012, 11:34 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
I am so sorry PAL is just so hard.
I wish I had words of wisdom for you but I think we all have felt the same panic you are feeling.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
March 11th, 2012, 02:29 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I can tell you that I had MAJOR cramping (like a horrible AF) AND PINK SPOTTING, from 4wks to 6.5wks! Thought for sure I m/c, but my levels kept tripling and all the u/s's showed perfect progession up to the h/b at 6w2d. I had a perigestational tear (sch) that was the cause of the bleeding and cramping. The implantation sight caused a small tear in the sac and my body was trying to abort I think, but little Selena made it through all of it!

I always thought for sure if I had spotting after all my m/c's it was definitely over, especially after 4 normal baby's with no spotting/bleeding/cramping..... until I had Mia and Selena. They both caused spotting at the same time frame in the pregnancy's. Although Selena's had horrible cramping too and Mia's did not. You just never know!

Hang in there and Im saying a prayer all is well.
missy123 likes this.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

March 11th, 2012, 07:08 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
How scary! I'm glad it seemed to have stopped now. I hope that drinking the fluids and resting keeps it from starting again.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

March 11th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Any updates? How are you feeling? We are thinking about you!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

March 12th, 2012, 12:03 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Hi Leanne, I'm just seeing this post now. I'm SO SORRY you're having a scare. I did too with this pregnancy, right at the exact time I had lost my other babies. I found out last week that the spotting was from a cervical polyp that is protruding from my cervix, not allowing the cervix to close all the way. I guess while not "normal", it is fairly common to have cervical polyps in pregnancy because of all the hormones. It will be removed at 12 weeks, and then the cervix should close all the way. But I remember just how terrified I was with that first wipe where I saw brown/pink. Like you, I immediately assumed the worst. Hang in there! We are all rooting for you and this little bean. Are you going to be able to see your OB soon? We were able to get an u/s at 6.5 weeks and see a flicker of a heartbeat, which was a HUGE reassurance. Praying for you!
missy123 likes this.

March 12th, 2012, 06:27 AM
I have a call in to the doctor this morning. The office opened at 8:00 a.m. but the doctors and nurses aren't there yet just admins. I'm spotting again this morning. It's ultra light tan/brown cm, but it's there. And I'm still so crampy and achy feeling in my uterus. I would love for it to be something else, but I really think the pregnancy is over and it's just the Prometrium keeping me from miscarrying. I'd love to be wrong, but I don't think I am.

March 12th, 2012, 07:24 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Your in my thoughts. I'm hoping that it's just some irritation. Please keep us posted.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

March 12th, 2012, 08:39 AM
My OB office was completely useless. Nurse just told me that cramping and spotting are normal. She didn't even care about my history of early miscarriages. So, I called another office - "Maternal Fetal Medicine" - who I had been sent to for my loss testing. They are getting me in for an ultrasound on Thursday. Might as well be a year away. Better than what my OB was going to do though. They also gave me the name of an RE that will do a full loss workup for me. Turns out that they only did a partial one. Which makes me mad because what if there was a problem that a full work up would have showed? It could have saved me my miscarrigage in December and potentially this one. Makes me so mad that I have had to have potentially 5 miscarriages before anyone would take me seriously. I just wish I could get in for an ultrasound today. I want to know what's going on in there. I can't focus on anything else. My poor toddler is getting sick of mommy laying around all the time too. She wants me up and playing.

March 12th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had brown CM/spotting with this one twice, at 5 weeks and then again at 7 weeks. Had some cramps, OB office useless. At the moment I was home with DS and I he is what kept me sane, getting him to distract me was what got me through the wait. It will still be in the back of your head, but your daughter will help you take your mind off things.

March 12th, 2012, 09:34 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Try to hang in there hun. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

March 12th, 2012, 10:39 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Praying for you! I'm sorry your OB office was so worthless. Do you have a family medicine clinic close by? They actually were far more cautious and pro-active than my OB during my first m/c... got me in for an u/s day of. Just a thought... it seems like there should be a way for you to get an u/s sooner than Thursday!!! Ugh. Hoping for the best. No matter what happens, we are here for you.

March 12th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Can you call your RE and ask them to do an ultrasound? I went to an RE and even though we did not get pregnant through a procedure they were the ones who did all of my early ultrasounds.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search