Big U/S today-UPDATE #1

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In a couple of hours I go for the big U/S, we won't find out the sex this time around. I'm a bit anxious about the u/s, baby was moving early this morning, so that gives me a piece of mind, but still......I will update as soon as I get to work. Wish me luck.

Update- Well everything seems good with the baby, they changed my due date for sure now to July 31st. So I'm 20w!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is only one thing.....I guess there are 3 blood vessels going into the Umbilical cord? (who knew) well I guess my only has 2, apparently it's very common and it resolves itself. I googled it (of course) and it says "studies suggest that babies with single umbilical artery have an increased risk for birth defects, including heart, central nervous system and urinary-tract defects and chromosomal abnormalities (2, 3)." I had the test for birth defect and the dr said that everything is looking really good, so now I'm freaking out I was so happy and now I am terrified of something going wrong. She said that starting at 34 weeks they would monitor me closely and I'm going for another u/s sometime in the next 2 weeks to check this out again, might have more u/s because of it....I just want to cry

Last edited by Pitridge; March 13th, 2012 at 12:46 PM.
March 13th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck!

March 13th, 2012, 08:28 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Good luck.
Its going to be so fun to see baby today

http://lindseysphotography.com/
March 13th, 2012, 08:39 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Yay! Hope all goes great!
March 13th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsey2000k View Post
Good luck.
Its going to be so fun to see baby today
We both get to see our babies today!!!!!

March 13th, 2012, 10:21 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

March 13th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay! Fun, can't wait to hear the update

March 13th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck!! I'm so jealous mine isn't until next Thursday!

Jan 2010 August 2011

March 13th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have heard of that before and I also heard it was very common. Glad they are going to keep checking on it!

Jan 2010 August 2011

March 13th, 2012, 02:52 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
It is a very common thing. I do know my best friend had that with 2 of her pregnancies and both babies were fine. She did get extra ultrasound though Sending lots of positive thoughts you way!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

March 13th, 2012, 03:23 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
YAY for a good u/s and a healthy baby!!! I know it's impossible not to worry, but as Katie said it's really common...i've known a couple of people who have had the 2 vessel cord with their babies and everything was fine. Especially since you've already done NT scan & bloodwork, I don't think you should worry about an enhanced risk of birth defects. and i think the additional monitoring late in pregnancy is to make sure the 2 vessel cord isn't causing any growth (weight wise) issues with the baby...

And extra congrats for staying on Team Green too!!! It seems this is the big u/s "hump" where it's easy to fall off the Team Green wagon

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
March 13th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Patty,

First of all, you are a stronger woman than I am not to find out the gender. It sounds really cool to me, but I was never able to do it.

As for the cord, my sister in law had the exact same thing. Her daugher was born August 1st and is perfectly healthy! She did get extra ultrasounds throughout the pregnancy. I had never heard of it before my SIL, but I guess it is actually pretty common. Do your best not to worry about it. I know -- easier said than done.

March 13th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry that you're scared, but it sounds like it's common and you'll get to see your baby more often with the extra ultrasounds!! I hope everything will be just fine!

March 13th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Thanks girls, you know how to calm a stressed mom. I am feeling a bit better about it, my doctor told me it was very common, so that makes me feel better and she was very sweet when she said, well you get to see the baby more often
Thanks for being there when one of us is falling apart.
humnck likes this.

March 13th, 2012, 04:35 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(HUGS) Sometimes google can be your worst enemy. Praying for you and your baby.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

March 13th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by missy123 View Post
(HUGS) Sometimes google can be your worst enemy. Praying for you and your baby.
Google is a sickness, every time one of us has gotten some news that it will make us worry about our babies we run to Google it. But I have to say that Dh beat me to it

March 13th, 2012, 05:06 PM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you're dealing with this, and I agree that it is very common. That being said I had the same reaction when they thought one of the twins had a two vessel cord. Turns out it wound up really being 3. I hope the only thing that comes from it is extra chances to see baby.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

March 13th, 2012, 06:30 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Darn I forgot the name of the mama in the Aug DDC, but she has the same thing. Maybe you two can talk. You know the comfort in knowing someone is going through the exact same thing, so they understand.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

March 14th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Makenna View Post
Patty,

First of all, you are a stronger woman than I am not to find out the gender. It sounds really cool to me, but I was never able to do it.
Someone said that this is one of the few good surprises left in life. I'll tell you it's hard not to know but the excitement of is much better

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.A.T View Post
Darn I forgot the name of the mama in the Aug DDC, but she has the same thing. Maybe you two can talk. You know the comfort in knowing someone is going through the exact same thing, so they understand.
I'll check it out, thanks

March 14th, 2012, 09:45 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Glad the baby is fine and healthy!

I think to vessel cords are pretty darn common. My cousin had one with her daughter and she was born at 41 weeks at a whopping 9lbs, 4oz! No growth issues there! I think I read that the vessel that is supposed to be two separates can actually merge into one big one, allowing more to pass thru and therefore was not caused by an abnormality, but rather just a little fluke. KWIM? Plus, I know they sometimes "find" the third vessel. They can hide well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search