Ultrasound. Nervous about results.

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By .:Shortcake:.
  • 3 Post By LindseyE117
  • 1 Post By fromustobaby

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Just finished my ultrasound and I don't know if I feel better or not. They did a belly scan first, and the tech said that based on the sac I wasn't more than 4 weeks, and there was nothing in the sac. *Which of course sent me into a panic. I got my BFP 4 weeks ago! I can't be less than 6 weeks... I was sure it was over, but she told me to go pee and come back and they would do a transvaginal one.*

The transvaginal scan showed a baby In there measuring 6w5d (I am 7w3d and last Monday, baby measured 6 weeks even.) with a HR of 120. He was hard to see. With Peter, my 7 week scan was clear as day and he had a HR of 180.... I don't know whether to be comforted or nervous. I go back for another next week.*

I also have a fibroid on my uterus. I don't know anything about them but they said they have to keep an eye on it.*

March 13th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That would sent me into a panic mode. Not sure what to tell you about the h/b, just know every pg is different, so the h/b being different might not mean much. Glad you are going for another u/s next week.

March 13th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't even know why they wouldn't just do transvaginal right away. The good news is there was a baby and a heartbeat! I know it's hard, but try to find a bit of comfort in that. I'm glad you get another ultrasound.

Jan 2010 August 2011

March 13th, 2012, 01:27 PM
mom2moose
Every baby is different, in terms of heartbeat though. I understand your fears though. Hope the next u/s gives you better answers.
March 13th, 2012, 01:42 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Let me try to calm your fears. Every pregnancy is different. Also I hate that they do the one on your stomach when your that early. When woman have had a loss that is the most stressful feeling and it's too early to see things that way. I'm not sure if this is the same doctor where you had ultrasounds for Peter but honestly if it's a different machine even if it's the same doctors office that can make all the difference. I know it's hard but stay as strong as you can. Right now there is a baby growing in your belly and it's heart is beating momma. (PS. sending T&P your way, I know your going to be on pins & needles until your next appt)
missy123 and lindsey2000k like this.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

March 13th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Stick, baby, stick! I hope that you see a nice big baby and hear a strong heartbeat at your next U/S.

March 13th, 2012, 05:33 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Hopefully you just have a slow grower. I hope everything works out and you have one very sticky fighter in there.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

March 13th, 2012, 05:44 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Let me calm you. I went in for an u/s at 6w5d. The sac measured 6w3d and the baby measured 6w1d with a h/b of 119. You have to remember that this early there is a HUGE range of being off because the baby is so small. I did not have another u/s until I was 14w exactly. He supposedly measured 13w1d, but she could not get him to uncurl to measure him properly. I had another u/s at 19w. He was measuring then at 19w3d. Finally, I had another u/s at 24w3d and he was measuring a full week ahead and supposedly weighed in at 1.64lbs. His h/r went from 119 to 170's to 150's to now high 130's to high 140's. So no worries!! A h/b is a GREAT sign!!

I will also say that I am pretty sure of the day I ovulated too, so I do not put so much trust in u/s dating unless it is a HUGE gap of like 2 weeks.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
March 13th, 2012, 05:49 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The measurements can be off by several days and still be in the normal range. I would try not to worry at this point since you did see a baby with a h/b. I understand how scary the first trimester is!! HUGS!!!

=May '05 and '11

March 14th, 2012, 08:38 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I remember having panic issues with early ultrasounds because they were all so variable. I went for one at 8 weeks and measured 8 weeks, 3 days...and then had one at a different place at 9 weeks and measured 8 weeks, 6 days. I flipped out and swore I was losing the baby (since he onlyr grew three days worth in a full week). But he is a healthy fat little 6 month old now.

Also, heartbeats are very variable, even just a couple days here an there makes a huge difference. Kierans were 143 at 6 weeks, 5 days and then 175 at the 8 week one. And back to around 160 at the 9 week one. Hence me being flipped out.

I think lots of scans at this stage just cause panic. Having a heartbeat is a great sign! Hopefully your next scan will ease your fears.
March 14th, 2012, 08:45 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
So happy to hear there is a baby and a heartbeat. As much as we all hope you won't worry most of us know you will . But we are all here rooting for you and praying everything is ok.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

March 14th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree, hb's are very variable at this stage, they start off slower and then pick up. I had the same issue, so did my sister, I am now consistently getting hb's in the 150's and my sister has a healthy 4 month old.

I also completely agree with Katie, if it was a different machine, they all actually vary greatly (doesn't help to calm the nerves!) and even the tech being different can make a difference.

I am glad you saw a hb and I know the waiting will be very stressful, I have everything crossed for you that things go well! HUGS!!!!

March 14th, 2012, 04:59 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Oh I hate that part of pregnancy. We can read into everything as bad news when in fact nothing is really wrong and baby will grow and make it to full term.
I will keep you in my prayers that next week shows growth and a great HB still.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
March 14th, 2012, 09:47 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feel for you, I was literally losing my mind the first few U/Ss...
FWIW, I went in at 8weeks1day exactly (I had had an IUI and trigger shot, so my dates were on) and was measuring 7weeks with a H/b of 120...I flipped out completely thinking that I was losing the baby...had another scan the next week and was measuring perfectly...and the H/B was much stronger...it has to do with a ton of things including how good the U/S equipment/technician is, the angle of the baby etc...as somebody else said,, they are just so tiny at that point...

and, hooray for a h/b!
stargatemommy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search